My acknowledgement to this marvelous game

+
(To place my context, I just did every ending possible. nb: for the bad points read at the end part)

And … I'm grabbed by the same gut feeling I have so rarely, be it in good films when they end, good books or good games. I wanted more history, and wanted to know if V fin’s a real solution for her … ongoing problem. I want to interact more with all these characters I grew fond of, even those I did not like in the beginning ! I desperately hope to see DLC in this living, immersive city ! And even MORE hope to see V again, for a completely made up character …. i fell in love with him really quickly ! And i have good hopes, because
there seem to be an open lead/ending in all those ( expect one off course) which could allow V to make her great return to night city to resolve once and for all her problems ! In future DLC !

I was lucky enough to be able to run the game (on pc ) with a good quality and decent 50-60 fps 95% of the time ( even on a 5 years old pc and his 970 aided by his i5 !). For thoses who are not, i can just recommend, not get spoiled, avoid ANY critic which may teint your own expectations without even having tried and wait until the game gets fixes and optimisations !

I had few to no expectations, avoiding every topic, every journal critic be it pre or post launch, Why ? To not be influenced in MY expectations. All i wanted was a good RPG ( and i heavily insist on that point, because so many seem to be seeking a GTA like … GTA not beeing that much of an RPG than an open world action adventure with some very sidegrade story ).

And HO BOY … I did get an RPG which will remain in my memories ! I dropped a tear on every single different ending. I was enchanted when I realised that I had made my initial run and got the ending I most liked the most and which corresponded the most to my personality !

And I cried when I
suicided myself … but not by that action in and of itself … even if the scene with Johnny was neat … i cried during the credits when receiving all the calls from all those loved and less loved characters leaving one heartbreaking message after another !

Sure, BUGS and bad points there !

-essentially allied NPC clipping during combat and sometimes infiltration, with a rare weapon glitch but nothing a quick save/load could not solve. But it did not shatter my immersion because in combat, it is not what matters !

-Cops arriving peekaboo style 2 meters behind you bad was … annoying because it prevents you from killing them off quickly while finishing what you were doing ( and accidentally killing a civilian) and you stand no chance because shooting a coop raises your research … = more cops spawning 2 meters behind your back ending in your death ^_^. But after i while i saw it as a challenge not to hit ANY civilian with my shotgun.

- Cars also could need some more work, but I did most of the gamer on the free motorcycle you receive, they are much more pleasant to drive, and their ability to accelerate for more quickly and reach better mac speeds.

-Had some very rare sound bugs during some dialogs where the voice turned out like it was speaking through the phone but the dude was just standing next to me but nothing too shocking.

-I'm a biologist in real life so i was really baffled by the “explanation” of why if V returns to her body she will be doomed. Reasoning from what I have heard and seen in the game, if the neurons ADN were altered to seem like jonnys … then both should be doomed anyway because that is how immunity works (and many more bilogical details ).
Reforming synapses make sense to contain the engram … but why the fuck you toutch the ADN ( not mentionning HOW ) when there is simply no need to ! ( except for weak writing/ lack of knowlege. So much more logical explanation could have been found!

Furthermore, I believe anyone who looks at that explanation and , even with just basic college knowledge (or even less in biology ) and just a sharp mind would see the pile holes that THIS explanation leaves open with just simple logic.

So sorry but i'm not forgiving this one but it did not ruin my experience because I somehow managed to IGNORE that but it nearly threw me off my immersion! )

-That’s it, I wanted a good story and a good RPG and i got it !

If you one day see this CD projekt red, you have here an even greater fan than before! I Have understood that the development was far from perfect and that the directors are idiots ( even far worse of what i got ) in their management with the crunching and that they are stupid to burn out and disgust, sometimes to a point a non return, so talented people ( devs, storywritters and all !!!! ) If my V could have met them, she would have given them helluva beating and trying to punch out that stupidity ( and maybe greed) !

I Love you guys and girls and thank you very much !

this.png

Hello again, in case any dev ( or more importantly the PR and PI lead elements) I just finished the game a second time ... and the impression of i had in the first run just gets stronger . There are so many times i have the feeling things have been cut out. If it is because they where not ready, it is fine as long as they turn up later for my 3rd run ( what about all thoses locked doors, the vodooboys arc who was ... so short !?) ! But i could not hold myself from thinking, what if some bullshit shareholdercencored any of this ? If that is the case ( and i better hope its not) fuck you, anonymous shareholder(s). This game should NOT be cencored. Its a distopia so leave it and dont try to integreate some bullshit politics. With the shit storm you already got. Dont chase of your remaining base by trying to save the already gone SJW base.

Adding a bd point ( for the moment): some promised features are missing, like the humanity part to stay short but there are more! If they come up one day, cool, if not ... well It depend on how you will justify it ( technical imposibility or just cutting it because its not well recieved !)

But still, regarding the circumstances, i want to thanks again the braves dev who gave me this (still wonderfull game) hopping to see all that ,which i belive, cut content !

Top Bottom