Letter to CDPR leadership

+
Cyberpunk2077 rates in my all time greats with Witcher 3, Mass Effect, Wing Commander 3 , X Wing, Fallout 4 and few more. All these games had me playing more than one time though the story and just looking around trying to find stuff I missed.

CDPR tried to force it on to PS4 and XB1 which couldn’t handle it. This hurt the PC, PS5 and Xbox Series X versions. This lead to planned or rumored features to be added later like multiplayer to be cancelled. If leadership listened to the devs and gave production at least another year things would be very different. Cyberpunk should have been a game of the year and would have been with more time in the oven and/or the PS4/XB1 version had been cut.

I had 2 pre orders canceled by delays which and I do appreciate but that got me worried and I decided to wait. I waited about a year and have played it through fully 4 times and am on my 5th with the phantom liberty update. Listen to your devs, the state I found the game in after one year on Xbox series X was amazing compared to everything I had seen and heard prior to that. The updates you have done since the just go on to prove the game was rushed out. That said the fact that you stood by your product and fixed it saved CDPR rep for sure.

Cyberpunk is crazy I find things each play though I missed or were added latter. The detail but into the world and story is truly amazing. The one area I wish had been tackled was online play. I so wish there was an online version of the game to go along with the single player story. I would love the ability to play the story in single/multiplayer or both. Just don’t force an online only version of the main sorry and I think it would be a hit.

I can’t wait to play the next Cyberpunk game but will happily wait if it means it comes out as close to a “perfect” launch state as possible.

I feel a little bad that a bunch of people have read your comments, but nobody has chimed in. So ...

I also think CP2077 is in great condition, and am happy to see it continue to have strong sales. I'm looking forward not just to the next game, but also to some of the stuff headed our way for the community to continue to build out the existing games.

I do think that some of the early issues were more complex than implied by your comments. Many of us are on record a few years ago taking management to task about some of its messaging around the initial release. But other than the messaging, I'm not sure that the company had a lot of options. Console development at the time was just plain weird. Sony and MS were still demanding that games run on the old consoles, while pushing sales of the new consoles with broken supply chains.

It was a mess that lots of developers had to try to manage with limited success, not just CDPR. After having a few years to cool off about the release issues, I'm not entirely sure what they could have done differently that would have been better, except the messaging. We did all end up being beta testers, but I'm not sure that we'd have avoided that even if the game had been delayed another year. And in the mean time, without the cash from those early sales, I'm not sure that the resources would have been available to make the game as solid as it is currently.

I feel a little bad that a bunch of people have read your comments, but nobody has chimed in. So ...

I also think CP2077 is in great condition, and am happy to see it continue to have strong sales. I'm looking forward not just to the next game, but also to some of the stuff headed our way for the community to continue to build out the existing games.

I do think that some of the early issues were more complex than implied by your comments. Many of us are on record a few years ago taking management to task about some of its messaging around the initial release. But other than the messaging, I'm not sure that the company had a lot of options. Console development at the time was just plain weird. Sony and MS were still demanding that games run on the old consoles, while pushing sales of the new consoles with broken supply chains.

It was a mess that lots of developers had to try to manage with limited success, not just CDPR. After having a few years to cool off about the release issues, I'm not entirely sure what they could have done differently that would have been better, except the messaging. We did all end up being beta testers, but I'm not sure that we'd have avoided that even if the game had been delayed another year. And in the mean time, without the cash from those early sales, I'm not sure that the resources would have been available to make the game as solid as it is currently.
You make a good point about MS and Sony. Thanks for your input.

Cyberpunk2077 rates in my all time greats with Witcher 3, Mass Effect, Wing Commander 3 , X Wing, Fallout 4 and few more. All these games had me playing more than one time though the story and just looking around trying to find stuff I missed.

CDPR tried to force it on to PS4 and XB1 which couldn’t handle it. This hurt the PC, PS5 and Xbox Series X versions. This lead to planned or rumored features to be added later like multiplayer to be cancelled. If leadership listened to the devs and gave production at least another year things would be very different. Cyberpunk should have been a game of the year and would have been with more time in the oven and/or the PS4/XB1 version had been cut.

I had 2 pre orders canceled by delays which and I do appreciate but that got me worried and I decided to wait. I waited about a year and have played it through fully 4 times and am on my 5th with the phantom liberty update. Listen to your devs, the state I found the game in after one year on Xbox series X was amazing compared to everything I had seen and heard prior to that. The updates you have done since the just go on to prove the game was rushed out. That said the fact that you stood by your product and fixed it saved CDPR rep for sure.

Cyberpunk is crazy I find things each play though I missed or were added latter. The detail but into the world and story is truly amazing. The one area I wish had been tackled was online play. I so wish there was an online version of the game to go along with the single player story. I would love the ability to play the story in single/multiplayer or both. Just don’t force an online only version of the main sorry and I think it would be a hit.

I can’t wait to play the next Cyberpunk game but will happily wait if it means it comes out as close to a “perfect” launch state as possible.
I just want it to come out as soon as possible, I can't wait 5 years, I'm impatient..

Top Bottom