Non-leathal take downs Do not work for missions like "Waiting for Dodger"

+
I just ran though the Waiting for Dodger mission in the DLC. Went though the base, doing nothing but silent, non-leathal take downs. All but one, i snuck behind them and did a choke hold. The other i did System Collapse which Specifically says it 'Knocks out' (not kills). NONE of them i dumped into bins. I moved them into a side room to avoid any patrols, but thats it.

Got to the basement, Dodger's guy did a scan for his guys, dude says "All flat-lined". WTF? No they f***ing wernt! They were ALL alive!

WTF is even the point of..

1. Having non-lethal options
2. The NPC's/Gig givers ASKING us not to kill, when we CANT possibly obliged that?!

I don't understand why CDPR hates non-lethal when it takes SO much longer to pull off. This really is crap.

20231015195142_1.jpg

Yeah the non-lethal things aren't; it's either because the scan after the mission sees knocked out enemies as dead, or if it's the supposed non-lethal actions.

When I went through the Dodger mission, I only used 3 techniques to dispatch enemies:

1.) Sneak and grab -> non-lethal takedown.
2.) Reboot Optics + Memory Wipe -> Sonic Shock for a knock-out.
3.) System Collapse for a knock-out.

I'm leaning towards the non-lethal quick hack takedowns causing the problem because they seem to be bugged in other ways:

1.) System Collapse would fire on an enemy and they would spaz out for a second and then just keep doing whatever as if nothing happened.

2.) The Reboot Optics + Memory Wipe followed by Sonic Shock combo would also seem to fail just like System Collapse—target would spaz for a second and then continue doing whatever. Sometimes they would even trigger an alert and enter combat.

These were inconsistent, often would work just fine, but then for some reason just wouldn't work. However, I was finally able to make it to the end, using some reloads and alternating methods, performing only knock-outs and still got the, "All Flatlined." Which sucked given how long it took to do the mission without killing.

My non-lethal combination was Sonic Shock / and Short Circuit Combo, sneak & grab and headshots from silenced Nue (pistol) with a Pax mod. For me that GIG was a success.

Last edited:
You have to move knocked out enemies from policemans way. If one of these two morons step too hard on knocked enemy, then he will be killed. You can check if knocked enemy is still alive by pointing your gun at him (red=alive).
I succesfully done this non-lethal only using short-curcuit + cyberware malfunction.

Just add a mod for non-lethal on your weapons, enemies don't die and don't trigger finishers

You have to move knocked out enemies from policemans way. If one of these two morons step too hard on knocked enemy, then he will be killed.
This is most likely the problem if you're knocking enemies out non-lethally but still getting pinged as killing them.

There are other reasons like explosive mods or similar things like EMP and Microgenerator reloads hitting ko'd enemies another time or even hitting them another time once they're knocked out.

Guest 4726963

I just ran though the Waiting for Dodger mission in the DLC. Went though the base, doing nothing but silent, non-leathal take downs. All but one, i snuck behind them and did a choke hold. The other i did System Collapse which Specifically says it 'Knocks out' (not kills). NONE of them i dumped into bins. I moved them into a side room to avoid any patrols, but thats it.

Played this gig twice, first in 2.0 with a mostly Coolness-based character using distraction grenades and stealth takedowns. All enemies were identified as still alive.
2nd time on 8th Dec 2.1 newly patched with a netrunner. All Barghest were still alive but all were identified as flatlined.

Clearly a bug.

Top Bottom