NPC´s Spawning/Despawning Issue since 2.0

+
Just wanted to bring some more attention to this issue, since I didn´t really see anyone mentioning this.

NPC´s Spawning/Despawning
issue still keeps happening as of 2.1- In 1.63 version this was completely fixed but after 2.0 the NPC spawns are too slow to keep up with player´s camera movements, resulting in them not spawning at all until player looks away again: Despawning Issue (2.1) and Despawning Issue (2.1)

I really hope this issue gets fixed again, it would be shame if it was left like this- especially since it was already fixed in 1.5, 1.6 versions.

-Also, I want to mention the random items stuck Issue after 2.0- a lot of random NPC´s have objects(items) stuck in their hands, that shouldn´t be there. Seems like some kind of rendering problem, stopping proper despawning of these items was introduced with 2.0 as well: NPC´s stuck items Issue after 2.0,
Stuck items in NPC´s hands (2.1) and Stuck items in NPC´s hands (2.1)

If you´ve encountered the same issues and want CDPR to adress this, please let them know as well: Technical Support — CD PROJEKT RED

Last edited:
-Also, I want to mention the random items stuck Issue after 2.0- a lot of random NPC´s have objects(items) stuck in their hands, that shouldn´t be there. Seems like some kind of rendering problem, stopping proper despawning of these items was introduced with 2.0 as well: NPC´s stuck items Issue after 2.0, Stuck items in NPC´s hands (2.1) and Stuck items in NPC´s hands (2.1)
To be honest, I guess we should consider that as "a thing" deeply buried in the Red Engine. On every patches they released, CDPR fixed those who previously appeared but other ones appear... and I doubt CDPR will ever manage to get ride of this "issue" entirely (it was also present in TW3 if I remember^^).

Few examples on different patches : Jackie's guns in Delamain cab, Evelyn's hand bag during "The information", Panam sniper during "Life During War Time", Judy's screw driver during "Both Sides Now", Johnny's cigaret at different moments, Evelyn holding a gun in VDB braindance and so on...

To be honest, I guess we should consider that as "a thing" deeply buried in the Red Engine. On every patches they released, CDPR fixed those who previously appeared but other ones appear... and I doubt CDPR will ever manage to get ride of this "issue" entirely (it was also present in TW3 if I remember^^).

Few example on different patches : Jackie guns in Delamain cab, Evelyn's hand bag, Panam sniper, Judy's screw driver, Johnny's cigaret, Evelyn holding a gun in VDB braindance...
Problem is- they did get rid of these issues entirely in 1.6 and I think even in 1.5 version, but after 2.0 got released- the rendering engine got ´´updated´´ and these problems appeared again. They are capable of it, we´ve seen it. It´s just matter of whether they´ll fix it again..

Last edited:

Few examples on different patches : Jackie's guns in Delamain cab, Evelyn's hand bag during "The information", Panam sniper during "Life During War Time", Judy's screw driver during "Both Sides Now", Johnny's cigaret at different moments, Evelyn holding a gun in VDB braindance and so on...
You forgot the one where chars are holding (melee) weapons while looking in the mirror. (appears with 2.1 haven’t heard of it before PL tho)

i also encountered Reed holding his weapon at the saphire bar talking to V about Songbird and the Netrunner twins - pretty funny tho

Problem is- they did get rid of these issues entirely in 1.6 and I think even in 1.5 version, but after 2.0 got released- the rendering engine got ´´updated´´ and these problems appeared again. They are capable of it, we´ve seen it. It´s just matter of whether they´ll fix it again..
No they don't ;)
On every single patch since release, there is/are bugs like that (they fix the previous bugs, but new ones appear at different moments on different characters).
In 1.63 for example, Judy hold her screw driver while crying in the bathroom during Both Dide Now. Or Evelyn hold a gun (weird^^) in the BD during which she meet Brigitte.
It was a thing in TW3 too... So that's why I assume they will never get ride of this kind of issue, except in their next games... thanks to Unreal Engine obviously. So I bet they will fix the new ones which appeared in 2.1 (V holding a weapon in mirror for example...) but new ones will likely appear unfortunately :giggle:

Posted a while ago, way before 2.0 ;)
It's a bit distracting isn't it...

Stop. Stabbing. Yourself. Judy.
Oh well...
21-09-2022_13-38-01-fsqgaizc.jpeg
Yep, there were the same kind of issue in 1.6 too like it's the case since a decade on Red Engine. Some kind of Red Engine curse :(
Sure not as obvious as V holding a weapon in mirrors... CDPR will fix the current ones, but unfortunately, I'm pretty sure another one(s) will appear.

Just hoping for them to fix duplicate/clone npc even tho I have HDD mode is off and got the game freshly installed on an ssd.

Top Bottom