2.1 Bugs Make This Update Unenjoyable To Play

+
2.1 Bugs Make This Update Unenjoyable To Play
  • FINISHERS are not playing the slow animations anymore
  • I can't save settings without binding EVERY action to a button
  • Even after binding certain keys - they don't actually stay bound. Or, in game, the action requires a different key press than what is actually bound.
  • Graphics setting introduced in 2.1 feel less crisp than compared to same settings in 2.0
  • Certain graphics settings introduced in 2.1 intended to improve overall look actually seem to make the game look worse
  • Overall - animations just feel like they have been bugged in all areas of the game - as in less variety and some not working at all
  • While driving, the roads and surrounding areas feel like they look worse now (even after ensuring proper settings were enabled/disabled)
  • NPC cars often just despawn from the map
  • List continues ...
Here's hoping CDPR is hearing all the complaints and fix the game fast now. After the huge success that was 2.0, I feel like a polished and relatively bug-free night city was far too short lived. :(

Last edited:
  • New Porsche did not show up in my list of callable cars after purchasing the vehicle from the Net
Not a bug, bud. When u purchase it. El Captain writes u a message to your phone, informing u that the car got lost and you have to go to coordinates and try and pick it up. - Mini quest if you will.

Well some people have been waiting for three years. Besides, if CDPR could have delayed this to ensure that they didn't, yet again, release a patch that introduces more bugs than it fixes instead of rushing out this 'ultimate edition' in time for holiday season to maximize profits.
They deadlined themselves again didn't they? I dunno, it's also just a holiday season murphy's law kind of thing anyway. I dunno how many games I've played over the years that squeeze that pre holiday patch just in time to nuke enjoyment for a ton of people while they'd rather be on vacation. It is what it is.

Well some people have been waiting for three years. Besides, if CDPR could have delayed this to ensure that they didn't, yet again, release a patch that introduces more bugs than it fixes instead of rushing out this 'ultimate edition' in time for holiday season to maximize profits.
Because they totes released this patch with bugs on purpose, right? :facepalm:

2.0 and Phantom Liberty were a treat. This patch has been... to be blunt - a total disaster. I was excited to start a new playthrough this weekend and it is put on the back-burner for now until they get some patches out.

I played for four or five hours. Hard crashed all over the place, fell through the ground, randomly got stuck in combat no matter where I went and the list goes on.

Excited to get back to it when they get this all sorted though.

Edit - I also agree the game randomly looks way worse now as well. I have it maxed out on 1440p with my 4080 and it doesn't look nearly as good as it did when I did my Phantom Liberty playthrough. It was a bit jarring.

+1 to the patch 2.1 being garbage...

The framerate stays about the same as it did for me (let's say because I have a 4090), but the QUALITY of the game world just took a nosedive... Entire buildings and structures just randomly disappear because the LOD settings are clearly f**ked... See my post below with some examples.

Thats how gamedev goes choom. Even modding. I understand that the youngsters are bit less patient and much more entitled, but c'mon.

To prevent NPC's from despawning, turn on the Mini map and toggle Crowds on Mini map.

Keybinds have killed it for me. I just did the 2.1 update last night. Now my primary action rebind does not work. I'm a old school gamer. I mean like since the 80's. I play using arrow keys and my numpad for binds. Mouse for looking around and targeting. Same thing I've been doing since before EQ. EverQuest, Lineage II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Guild Wars II, King's Quest, Space Quest, Hero's Quest and so on all played using the arrow keys to navigate. I am not a WASD gamer! But now my Primary Action Key rebind to Right Control no longer works! I can not play with F! Even going in and editing the User Info file, like I had to do before they FINALLY added a way to rebind without doing that, doesn't work. It shows my rebind to RCtrl but the game doesn't execute it. I hope I can roll back the game install because I can't play like this. I was so excited to finally get to the point where I can try Phantom Liberty out (Got it on preorder so I've had it since release. I have a family to support and between that, holidays and a father with cancer I haven't been able to play my new playthrough to the point where I was ready to start the Phantom Liberty content. Level 60 now and now this...).

Top Bottom