Passing the time until 2077

+
So, apart from watching the E3 trailer about a thousand times and reading every single article I can find, I’ve also watched Cyber City Oedo 2808 and I’m currently watching Altered Carbon on Netflix.

What’s everyone else doing to while away the nanoseconds? Cyber related or otherwise.

Just living the life until it comes out. There are a couple of games coming out before CP2077 that I'm really excited about as well. Like Red Dead Redemption 2 and Metro Exodus.

I'll be playing a lot of Gwent once the Homecoming update is out :)

And I'm also looking forward to game stuff like Red Dead Redemption 2 and Last of Us 2. AC Odyssey, Spider-man and the next Tomb Raider could be fun too. Not to mention smaller games like State of Mind, Life is Strange 2, Wolf Among Us 2 or Unavowed.

Plus I still need to play Detroit and watch the remaining episodes of season 2 Westworld. Next season of Killjoys should be fun too...

So yeah, I'm not worried :)

Started playing Vampire Marquerade Bloodlines for the first time in my life, still have a Total War: Warhammer 2 campaign that needs to be finished, started playing Yakuza 0 again and have quite the backlog of games for PC and PS4 that will keep me entertained for quite some time.

Also, the World Cup is on at the moment and despite the dubious quality of many matches, I find myself watching alot of the games.

... a ghost is brewing up a very menacing and vengeful storm, and bringing it to the island of Tsushima...
... I'm heading there, to help... will be 2020, before the calm after the storm...
... then I'm heading to Night City - Red Light district mostly, taking care of business...

Last edited:
If you're involved in online gaming related groups in larger or vast games, you'll likely be occupied for a long time, until and beyond CP77.

Other than that, the occasional RPG (TES, FO, etc.) or similar. And Space Station 13. A lot.

Aside from re-reading the old CP2020 P&P books to reacquaint myself with a game I haven't actually played in a few years, I'm just living my life as usual... or as usual as it gets anyways. I've also been a little more active in my favorite MMORPG lately since being a High Officer in one of the larger guilds on the server comes with certain responsibilities that I've been shirking a bit due to RL stuff.

I recently bought all Souls-like games available on PC from the recent steam sale. I've finished Dark souls Remastered twice now but can't seem to get enough of it. Haven't been on the forums for days because of it. I'm doing my final playthrough of DSR on NG++ before moving on to Dark Souls II: Scholar of The First Sin. Hope everyone is doing good.

P.S - Did I miss any important forums announcements/posts?

Last edited:
I've been rereading all the cyberpunk classics. You forget just how good and original they were. As for games I've also been playing the Steve Jackson Games Ogre and Illuminati. SJG is about to release a 2nd edition of Illuminati and if there was ever a game crying out for a computer version it's this one.

I recently just got Dragon Age: Inquisition, The Surge and Rainbow Six: Siege sooo I'm gonna be pretty entertained until October game-wise. I'm also planning on seeing Westworld Season 2, reading A Song of Ice and Fire and the Witcher books. I hope Homecoming turns out to be good, idk it's hard to be hopeful for the future of this game lol.

I've been playing or replaying any game with a hacking mechanic or any amount of cyberpunk atmosphere. Replayed all of the Deus Ex & Harebrained Schemes Shadowrun games, and am now alternating between Watch Dogs 2 and Shadowrun Chronicles, both of which are better than I was expecting but less than I was hoping for. This is aside from obsessively pouring over the forums like a GD fiend.

I've been playing or replaying any game with a hacking mechanic or any amount of cyberpunk atmosphere. Replayed all of the Deus Ex & Harebrained Schemes Shadowrun games, and am now alternating between Watch Dogs 2 and Shadowrun Chronicles, both of which are better than I was expecting but less than I was hoping for. This is aside from obsessively pouring over the forums like a GD fiend.
You might like to look at

http://telehack.com

For some real 80s type hacking.

You might like to look at

http://telehack.com

For some real 80s type hacking.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Just took a glance at it, the command list, etc, it isn't the first simulated terminal hacking game I've played, but it is the first that makes me want to have a drink with its creator pseudo-hacking, zork, i-ching & moon phase calculator, what's not in this? I'm going to end up sinking a lot of time into this.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Just took a glance at it, the command list, etc, it isn't the first simulated terminal hacking game I've played, but it is the first that makes me want to have a drink with its creator pseudo-hacking, zork, i-ching & moon phase calculator, what's not in this? I'm going to end up sinking a lot of time into this.
It's even cooler if you telnet into the game like you would back in the 80s from a terminal.

It's even cooler if you telnet into the game like you would back in the 80s from a terminal.
I saw that that was possible, I'll definitely have to give that a try since the browser terminal has some latency in reading the input that was killing me just a little bit. I don't know if I'm just weird, but it is really hard to type while looking at a screen that is consistently several key strokes behind what you have actually entered, its like when you are on a conference call and someone in the room didn't mute their mike so you hear your own voice about half a second behind what you are saying at that moment.

I saw that that was possible, I'll definitely have to give that a try since the browser terminal has some latency in reading the input that was killing me just a little bit. I don't know if I'm just weird, but it is really hard to type while looking at a screen that is consistently several key strokes behind what you have actually entered, its like when you are on a conference call and someone in the room didn't mute their mike so you hear your own voice about half a second behind what you are saying at that moment.
Actually that latency works well if you think about the modems we had back in the late 70's/early 80's. At less than 300 baud I could type faster than the network could send them. We used to play teletype wars in our school lab. Everyone would connect to the teletype and compete to get the most words printed in the time allotted. It was super fun at the time and of course most of the words were curse words or insults.

Top Bottom