PETITION for Edgerunners final episode (Rebecca) - Warning SPOILERS!

+
Posted this in another thread but felt like it should have a place of its own; hence why I posted it as a separate thread here. Please don't hate me. ;)

Now I absolutely LOVED the Edgerunners anime and was fine with the story as it unfolded. However, the only thing I found rather anticlimactic was how Rebecca
was practically killed offscreen in the final episode when Adam Smasher just landed on top of her.

Personally I would actually love to see a minor change in the final episode where Trigger simply replaces the frames of Rebecca
's mangled corpse
with her simply being knocked unconscious and instead have an end-credit scene of her crawling out of the rubble an hour or so later and saying "Damn you Smasher; now I lost my favorite gun!" and then seeing
David's remains and fall over him crying or something along those lines.

Then if CDPR is willing they could even have a small follow-up gig ingame where they slightly alter Rebecca's shotgun texture to have "REBECCA" scratched into the side so that when you find her gun you can get a gig after inspecting it where you eventually find out where she lives, go to her apartment (which is already accessible ingame afaik), and find Rebecca there in order to return her gun. A bit like the Skippy gig but shorter.

Then as a reward she could tip you the exact amount of Eddies that she tipped David back then (when he brought the package) as a nod to the anime plus maybe give you some other iconic weapon from one of the other original members of the team (or some other item that once belonged to them).

That way Trigger only needs to make a minor edit to the final episode with only two voice-actors (Alex Cazares and Tomoyo Kurosawa) voicing just a few additional lines for the additional scene. Then if CDPR has the time (and interest) they could create her character ingame and you could have some minor interaction with her. This might need some more voiced dialogue but that could be done in the same recording session.

That's something I would love to see but I do realize that the chances of Trigger and CDPR going along with it would be slim to none. Rebecca still is "best girl" though. :cool:

Rebecca-small.jpg

Sadly, Rebecca's death is part of the tragedy.

She dies senselessly trying to protect David because she wants David's dream to live.

And David's dream was to make Lucy's dream come true.

And....Lucy's dream was to be on the moon with David.

AND THIS IS WHERE I BLOW YOUR MIND:

Jackie gave up the chance to survive by focusing on the biochip versus getting the fuck out of Arasaka Tower to get to a ripper doc. Why? Because he wanted V's dream to come true.

And V can end up dying to make Johnny's dream come true.

Or vice versa.

Sadly, Rebecca's death is part of the tragedy.

She dies senselessly trying to protect David because she wants David's dream to live.

And David's dream was to make Lucy's dream come true.

And....Lucy's dream was to be on the moon with David.

AND THIS IS WHERE I BLOW YOUR MIND:

Jackie gave up the chance to survive by focusing on the biochip versus getting the fuck out of Arasaka Tower to get to a ripper doc. Why? Because he wanted V's dream to come true.

And V can end up dying to make Johnny's dream come true.

Or vice versa.
Yeah I know... As I stated "I do realize that the chances of Trigger and CDPR going along with it would be slim to none." :sad:

Rebecca still is "best girl" though and she will live on in my heart for as long as I live.

Still, I thought to make this petition (even though people and devs alike hate the word "petition"). I just felt that Rebecca's death was too senseless; almost like an afterthought. Hence the 'practically killed offscreen' remark. So I owe it to best girl Rebecca to at least make this petition.

But at the very least CDPR had better contact Dark Horse and make me a set of Edgerunners figurines so that I can put them in my display cabinet. :cool:

rebeccaedgerunners.jpg

Though there are probably more “NO” ,but I will say “YES”. I've seen a lot of sad or unfulfilled ending in reality and art work. Seeking a happier alternative ending could never be wrong.

David Martinez got "killed" the same way like Jhonny. and the engram story says, you dont die by adam smashers non leathel rockets.
since the only witnesses drove away in order to save their own lifes, they are the reason why the spread rumor of Davids death turned him into a drink at the afterlife. litterly cause of missinformation.

but how do you revive the main charackter of the Edgerunner series Rebecca? there been brainparts everywhere, and i didnt see an engram chip there.

the only way to make up for that NONO would be an entire series about Rebeccas backstory. since there is nothing wrong with her way of dieing.
the only wrongthings there are, are our broken hearts and the fact that she does not have a place at the memorial place.

you have no clue how often i rampaged the 3 Trauma Team guys wich are located right next to the place since i watched the series

Posted this in another thread but felt like it should have a place of its own; hence why I posted it as a separate thread here. Please don't hate me. ;)

Now I absolutely LOVED the Edgerunners anime and was fine with the story as it unfolded. However, the only thing I found rather anticlimactic was how Rebecca
was practically killed offscreen in the final episode when Adam Smasher just landed on top of her.

Personally I would actually love to see a minor change in the final episode where Trigger simply replaces the frames of Rebecca
's mangled corpse
with her simply being knocked unconscious and instead have an end-credit scene of her crawling out of the rubble an hour or so later and saying "Damn you Smasher; now I lost my favorite gun!" and then seeing
David's remains and fall over him crying or something along those lines.

Then if CDPR is willing they could even have a small follow-up gig ingame where they slightly alter Rebecca's shotgun texture to have "REBECCA" scratched into the side so that when you find her gun you can get a gig after inspecting it where you eventually find out where she lives, go to her apartment (which is already accessible ingame afaik), and find Rebecca there in order to return her gun. A bit like the Skippy gig but shorter.

Then as a reward she could tip you the exact amount of Eddies that she tipped David back then (when he brought the package) as a nod to the anime plus maybe give you some other iconic weapon from one of the other original members of the team (or some other item that once belonged to them).

That way Trigger only needs to make a minor edit to the final episode with only two voice-actors (Alex Cazares and Tomoyo Kurosawa) voicing just a few additional lines for the additional scene. Then if CDPR has the time (and interest) they could create her character ingame and you could have some minor interaction with her. This might need some more voiced dialogue but that could be done in the same recording session.

That's something I would love to see but I do realize that the chances of Trigger and CDPR going along with it would be slim to none. Rebecca still is "best girl" though. :cool:

View attachment 11321816
Welcome to Night City. Going to get milk then you better be carrying a bazooka for self defense

The city doesn't care if you have a reason to live and fight. David and the crew where just another batch of faces. Everyone has their big break. The gig to end it all. Few get away alive. Johnny, David, heck even us as V.

No man, I'm not going to sign a petition for a corny fan fiction that misses the whole point of the series.

Aveneo

Forum regular
David Martinez got "killed" the same way like Jhonny. and the engram story says, you dont die by adam smashers non leathel rockets.
since the only witnesses drove away in order to save their own lifes, they are the reason why the spread rumor of Davids death turned him into a drink at the afterlife. litterly cause of missinformation.

but how do you revive the main charackter of the Edgerunner series Rebecca? there been brainparts everywhere, and i didnt see an engram chip there.

the only way to make up for that NONO would be an entire series about Rebeccas backstory. since there is nothing wrong with her way of dieing.
the only wrongthings there are, are our broken hearts and the fact that she does not have a place at the memorial place.

you have no clue how often i rampaged the 3 Trauma Team guys wich are located right next to the place since i watched the series
Sorry for this (very) late reply. For some reason I can only access the Cyberpunk forums through an incognito window (GOG login has issues). But Rebecca does have a place at the Columbarium. Not sure if that was added with 2.0 but the entire crew now has a place there. Kiwi also has a spot (albeit in a different area). Heck, I even found Julio with a hilarious quote. :LOL:

So it's nice that CDPR added the names of the entire crew at the Columbarium (or however you spell it). Minus Lucy and Falco ofcourse as Lucy is on the Moon and Falco is ... somewhere else.

Top Bottom