Please, CDPR; Make a full game Editor for its future

+
To the CDPR CP2077 team,

First, thank you for your ongoing support for this game. Not abandoning it was the best thing to do indeed. And this 'surprise' 2.1 Patch proves one thing once more: this game is filled up to the brink of explosion with amazing potential.

Obviously, you're a big company, and eventually you'll "have to" move on to other projects. And CP2077 will, eventually, be truly left behind, such is how the industry works. However, there is hope for the players, the fans, and the future potential new players whom might pick it up in a year, or two, or more from now.

Modding.

In my view, this game could _very easily_ surpass even the likes of modded Bethesda / Elder Scrolls / Fallout games. Provided that the modding tool(s) given to mod the game is powerful enough.

So here is what I highly recommend that you guys do, at least eventually (before the switch is forever turned Off for this game): make a full-fledged, no-restrictions-capable Editor / Modding tool in order for the community to basically do anything they want for this game. We'd see overhauls, or unofficial patches, or new characters, new locations / buildings / interiors, or events, new weapons, new visual effects maybe, seasons (snow?), etc. Heck, even maybe wild life (birds, where are the birds). New bars, new activities, heck maybe new dialogue (with A.I., anything is possible nowadays).

Just imagine, guys.

So please, CDPR, whatever tool currently exists to mod the game I know it's not "fully" capable. From what I heard there's too many restrictions still. So just "unlock" the potential guys, especially when comes the time when you know very well (internally) that you're not going to add any major new content; at that point I think the community of modders should be given the 'green light' so to speak, and be given the real tools to let go their crazy ideas, for this amazing game.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Given they're moving away from RedEngine, giving modders a way to add new content, whether its via level design, world edits and through new story content via gigs and side jobs would be huge for the longevity of the game.

Night City has so many places that we could use to tell new little side stories.

Top Bottom