Problem: CyberPunk 2077 Cross-Progression Between Steam and PlayStation 5 Doesn't Work

+
Hello,

I'm sorry if this message is in poor English or if I haven't included all the information necessary, but I am experiencing some trouble with getting the Cross-Progression from Cyberpunk 2077 to work. My issue is as follows:
  1. The last time that I have played CyberPunk 2077 on the PC (Steam) was on January 2022. After this point my computer decided to break down.
  2. On December 2022 I had decided to buy a PlayStation 5 and on December 2023 I have bought CyberPunk 2077 for the PS5.
  3. Now I am trying to continue with my save file from the PC as CyberPunk 2077 now supports Cross-Progression. The save file in question has about 43 hours of gameplay and is already on ~40%ish of the full complete story seeing that I mainly focused on the side quests.
  4. I have tried almost everything you can think off:
    1. Looking up solutions on Google and ChatGPT
    2. Looking up for the issue on the FAQ
    3. Trying to reach either CD Projekt Red or GOGalaxy, but neither of these companies allow for me to reach them through costumer/ technical support via phone, email or a ticket.
    4. I've tried tweeting CD Projekt Red's Technical support and using the subreddit, but I'm not getting a response of either of these two options.
    5. I've also tried mulitple times to logout of my GOGalaxy-account and log back in to get the game to sync with the cloud, but it just will not work

Can anyone here try to help guide me in the right direction so that I can get this problem resolved? I really don't know where to go to.

Thanks for reading! :)

Ok, so the save you try to share, it's the very last you created on both platforms?
Your GOG account (the same obviously) is linked to the game and cross-progression is available and enabled in the settings on both platforms?
If you launch the game on your PC, then create a new save from the playthrough you want to continue, does this save uploaded on GOG servers?
(if yes, the save should have a little "checked cloud" icon on it)

Or maybe you no longer have access to the game on PC which could be a problem.

In case, you can reach the support directly there ("contact us" button).

Ok, so the save you try to share, it's the very last you created on both platforms?
Your GOG account (the same obviously) is linked to the game and cross-progression is available and enabled in the settings on both platforms?
If you launch the game on your PC, then create a new save from the playthrough you want to continue, does this save uploaded on GOG servers?
(if yes, the save should have a little "checked cloud" icon on it)

Or maybe you no longer have access to the game on PC which could be a problem.

In case, you can reach the support directly there ("contact us" button).
Thank you for the fast reply! Unfortunately I cannot seem to get my PC to work, but I did manage to ask a friend of mine who also has CyberPunk 2077 on the PC via Steam to login to my account and check if Cross-Progression is turned of. Last time we checked (two days ago) the cloud icon does have a check inside of it. However come to think of it, we never tried to load the save and/ or make a new save to check if this might help with getting the cloud to sync. I'll ask him to try this again for me in the hopes that this might resolve the issue.

Thank you for the fast reply! Unfortunately I cannot seem to get my PC to work, but I did manage to ask a friend of mine who also has CyberPunk 2077 on the PC via Steam to login to my account and check if Cross-Progression is turned of. Last time we checked (two days ago) the cloud icon does have a check inside of it. However come to think of it, we never tried to load the save and/ or make a new save to check if this might help with getting the cloud to sync. I'll ask him to try this again for me in the hopes that this might resolve the issue.
Yes, on your friend PC, be sure your account is linked, load the save you want to "share" and create a brand new one from this point. Then wait a bit to be sure the save is well uploaded.
If the save is on GOG server, it should have this little icon on it. If so, in theory, this save should appear on all platforms linked to your account (Xbox/PC/Playstation).

Yess thank you for the help! Unfortunately the GOG servers were down yesterday, but I had to load the save first and then save it again for it to synchronize with the servers. #solved

Top Bottom