Problems I have with the game so far

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, quick disclaimer: I'm loving the game/none of this is enough to make me "stop playing." But these are definite gameplay design flaws and technical problems that need to be addressed ASAP and I'm frankly not sure how these got past testers. It's almost as if the testers just... aren't gamers.

Anyway... here's my list (in no specific order). I'm playing on PC with an Xbox One controller.

Really hoping devs see this/fix these soon:

Mapping the Dodge & Crouch key to the same button on controller is a huge mistake/annoyance.
I find myself constantly Crouching when I need to be Dodging, and then I just die. It's annoying/nonsensical to map these to the same button on controllers. Maybe this is less problematic for others, but I'm using an official Xbox One controller and it's brand new... so it's not like my buttons are worn. If anything... "Crouch" should be mapped to something else entirely, such as R-Press.

It's not clear when we level up/have new perk points... nor does it feel very rewarding.
This could be just me... but so far I haven't noticed any noise or prompt that tells me I've leveled up. I feel it could be made a bit more obvious... maybe a quick prompt that flashes on the screen to let us know, which would also make it feel more rewarding.

• There are a ton of items around the world (such as card packs) that CANNOT be picked up.
No matter how close you get or how precisely you aim at them. They seem to be "stuck" or inactive. This happened with the two-card packs you could find on the radio tower after starting the Nomad life path, and with various items throughout the game.

• On the RTX 2080Ti using DisplayPort 1.4: starting a new game causes a glitch which causes my monitor to flicker between an "on" state and "off" state indefinitely.
Never had this problem with any other games including The Witcher 3. The screen got stuck in a perpetual state of flashing to a black screen, then flashing back on until I unplugged/plugged my DP cable back in. Using the Acer Predator x34P. Changing graphical/video settings did not fix this.

• Equipping new weapons in the inventory menu causes V to draw the weapon.
While this isn't game-breaking, it's a very annoying issue that should be addressed ASAP. Switching weapons in your inventory simply should not force you to draw your weapon unless it was already drawn. Nothing like whipping out an assault rifle while standing next to a gang member or police officer.

• Accidentally skipping dialogue: yet another reason CDPR should remap the "Crouch" button.
I tend to look for items/loot during certain dialogues, but since I have to crouch to pick up certain items I keep accidentally skipping dialogue unintentionally with the B key. Again: you should map the "Crouch" button to something else. Having it as "B" is very annoying and causes issues like accidentally skipping dialogue when trying to crouch, and crouching when trying to dodge.

• If equipping clothing items gives us armor, we should at least have the option to "hide" certain items to better customize our look.
Especially hats and/or jackets. This is more of a nitpick than anything... but damn: I look absolutely horrible wearing a baseball cap with a leather jacket just because I need the extra armor on the hardest difficulty.

• The in-game inventory is a cluttered nonsensical mess + items appearing in the wrong menus.
While I'm getting used to navigating around: it's the most confusing inventory I've ever seen in a game. When I open my backpack, there should be a list of all items else the backpack is rather pointless. I can't seem to find my "junk" and "other" items anywhere... and finally, sometimes moving from one menu to the next will cause items from the previous menu to show rather than the items which should be displaying.

Anyway... hope this helps. These are of course just my personal opinions on things that could/should be fixed or corrected. I'm not very far into the game yet so I'm sure there's other bugs/technical errors that need to be corrected, but this is just my list. I do think fixing these things should take precedence over graphical glitches and "T-Pose" type bugs because frankly... these things have the ability to significantly impact one's enjoyment of the game.

That's it. Have fun! Love you guys.

Cyberpunk2077_jpRv9apX1F.jpg

Last edited:
Love the post. There are just too many problems with this game to list them all out without people falling unconscious in the process of reading.
I keep noticing things I realise I’ve already just accepted despite them trashing the gaming experience.
The worst thing about every single thing I spot is that I know games designed 5 years ago got this right and now we have much better systems to play them with.

5 random game feature peeves because there are too many to list even 1%

1 - Cars don’t pass your parked car unless you’re fully on the pavement. Uugh. 1 inch of tyre on tarmac and they sit there honking the most unrealistic horns I’ve ever heard with enough space to pass your car with wings on. Oh but they’ll still run you down when you’re on foot.
2 - The massive array of insanely cool clothes on NPCs that we can’t get.
If you’ve already designed them and mapped them to a body... how hard can it be to have them for V too? I feel like there’s a real forehead slappingly dumb reason for this. So I don’t want to hear it.
3 - High speed driving? Forget it, coz all the street lights turn off if you do.
That moment you razz into a tunnel and the whole thing is pitch, PITCH black. Unless you drive that hyped up sports car like grandma wants you to. Don’t forget your lunchbox dear.
4 - Those two poor prostitutes servicing ALL of night city, but everyone else strictly has sex only once!
How do those two even sit down after all that action? Especially as despite the CP2077 game advertising, there is actually very little sexual content in a game that is otherwise, through in game adverts, flyers, full frontal player nudity and rows of sex shops, trying so hard to be the best whore it can be.
5 - Duke Nukem 3D from 1996 could give you working mirrors, but now apparently we prefer the inconvenience of turning our mirrors on first.
Also why does V look like a psycho in every facial expression he/she very, VERY slowly pulls whilst also looking in slightly the wrong direction?

This was 5 of 98,438 gripes about basic shit that much older and also newer games all got right.

Necro'd thread to go on about issues mentioned repeatedly before. Yes, CDPR is well aware of them. Locking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom