Promethean AI ( CDPR may be in use ?)

+
Promethean AI ( CDPR may be in use ?) ( Sorry, my English...;);) )

https://venturebeat.com/2018/07/18/...ligence-to-help-artists-fill-out-game-worlds/
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kacper Niepokólczycki, an artist at CD Projekt RED, said, “Promethean AI is the next, big step in virtual world creation. It’s a huge time saver, that will allow you to fully focus on being creative.

Guest 4310777

VERY interesting technology. I wonder how exactly it interfaces with the software environment, is this something that needs to be implemented into an engine toolkit or.. the descriptions are all very abstract, I'd like to know more. Machine learning algorithms are definately going to have a dramatic impact on the industry.

VERY interesting technology. I wonder how exactly it interfaces with the software environment, is this something that needs to be implemented into an engine toolkit or.. the descriptions are all very abstract, I'd like to know more. Machine learning algorithms are definately going to have a dramatic impact on the industry.
Yes (for example: AI learns the artist's style, color scheme, etc., let AI build the world by himself, and then manually correct it)

Can reduce the unimportant details of 50% repetition, and spend the rest of the time in useful details, which can improve the quality of the game.

Wow, sounds really cool.
I would love to see this in work, but I don't really believe that it does not generate recognizable patterns of any type.

On the other hand, why is there a need to create so much big worlds, that even the army of designers cannot fill it ?

If I think of Witcher 3 and compare map size and content size, I think that:
- white orchard could be 80% of size or smaller
- the whole area at the very bottom of No man's land could be almost completely cut off - cca 20-30% of map size ?
- skellige isles could be at least more clustered together - and this could save about 15-30% size of map ?

Wow, sounds really cool.
I would love to see this in work, but I don't really believe that it does not generate recognizable patterns of any type.

On the other hand, why is there a need to create so much big worlds, that even the army of designers cannot fill it ?

The technology is not necessarily about expanding the scope of the world past the point of what an army of designers could do, and more about reducing the need for an army of designers and/or allowing the designers you do have to focus on more important details than the basic set dressing.

So I'm assuming this program has the potential to do some of the heavy lifting and the team goes back over and adds those micro-details that CDPR is so well known for

Top Bottom