PS4 / PS5 Upgrade Issue because of Trial Version

+
They tend to be quite silent, and only very rarely reply, but, yes, they do read feedback.

(Incidentally, nice Labyrinth avatar.)
Hey,

I downloaded the PS5 trial version when it was released. Uninstalled it when I had used up my 5 hours of gameplay. Went to the shops and purchased the PS4 version, installed the PS4 version as well as the PS5 upgrade. However, my PS will only download the PS5 trial and not the PS5 upgrade, even though I own the PS4 version hard copy.

When I start the PS5 version, it keeps asking me to pay for the digital version of the game.

Anyone else experiencing this or has discovered a workaround?

This is my first post so would appreciate anyone posting this as a thread as I am keen to find a solution that doesn’t mean I have to pay for the game twice!!

Hey,

I downloaded the PS5 trial version when it was released. Uninstalled it when I had used up my 5 hours of gameplay. Went to the shops and purchased the PS4 version, installed the PS4 version as well as the PS5 upgrade. However, my PS will only download the PS5 trial and not the PS5 upgrade, even though I own the PS4 version hard copy.

When I start the PS5 version, it keeps asking me to pay for the digital version of the game.

Anyone else experiencing this or has discovered a workaround?

This is my first post so would appreciate anyone posting this as a thread as I am keen to find a solution that doesn’t mean I have to pay for the game twice!!
You can take a look here :
And if the issue still happen, I suggest to contact directly the support for help ("Contact Us" button).

Thread created!

@ridiculous_monkey , I'd recommend you contact both CDPR Support and Sony Support about this separately. By the sound of it, it could be either a problem with the way the game is stored/identified server-side, or it could be an account issue on the Playstation. Might as well hit both.

Top Bottom