PS5 blurry, low resolution.

+
Running on PS5 via backwards compatibility, confirming similar issues happening for PS4 minus frame rate issues, experiencing blurry low resolution (estimate 720P) also low res assets (disappointing) .

LG 4K TV running game mode. HDR is not performing correctly, modest improvement with it on but muddy colors as some have mentioned, not sure tv is even detecting it since HDR activation popup doesn't display on LG TV when activated (most games it does).

About two hours in gameplay so far. Experienced some character drifting in VR session when loaded into area. Character moves forward until you move joystick, also loads character pointed right at walls or in strange locations in area.

Requires console optimization, hard to enjoy after just finishing TLOU2 on PS5 for first time, amazing. Dissapointed like many but holding hope to see at least a resolution boost to 4K PS4 Pro compatability in a patch, if not I'll be holding out for PS5 upgrade.

As frequently mentioned the real next gen update isn‘t out yet so on PS5 the game is still limited by the old console generation.

Performance issues can be reported here:
(click on contact us to send a ticket)

Ok so the next gen game versions will not arrive until 2021 and we know that. And we know that these "performance issues" are due to the limitations of the game fundamentally being a "previous gen-game" atm.

However, there is a Performance and Quality mode alternatives in the video settings for Xbox Series X with the Xbox One version of the game, but not for ps5 console when playing the ps4 game. Which is locked on to the performance mode that has markedly lower resolution and texture quality but runs on 60 fps.

Will there be a patch to the ps4 game version for the ps5 console which grants the option to choose in-game between the Quality or Performance modes?

As a huge fan of this game and a ps5 console owner/"enjoyer" I really wish having the ability to choose between higher texture quality and resolution and sacrifice 60 fps to 30 fps for playing this game. I would choose the better graphics, always. At least for the time I have to wait for the official ps5 version of the game.

So how about it, will we ps5 gamers get the option to choose between Performance and Quality modes as the Xbox X gamers can? And is there a time window for this patch? And if ps5 gamers do not get the option to choose, I would like to hear an accurate explanation why not.

The game is really unacceptably not on par on PS5. Low resolution, low textures that would shame 2013 games, blurry as hell, low poly objects, very generic npcs, etc. There are lots of open world games that I played on my PS4 Pro that look dozens and dozens times better and run smoothly. The game is 110GB on PS5, but where the heck is all that storage going to, certainly not for textures and high res assets, see this example from my PS5:

20201211_123446739_iOS.jpg

Total rip off CDPR, shame on you!

Ok so the next gen game versions will not arrive until 2021 and we know that. And we know that these "performance issues" are due to the limitations of the game fundamentally being a "previous gen-game" atm.

However, there is a Performance and Quality mode alternatives in the video settings for Xbox Series X with the Xbox One version of the game, but not for ps5 console when playing the ps4 game. Which is locked on to the performance mode that has markedly lower resolution and texture quality but runs on 60 fps.

Will there be a patch to the ps4 game version for the ps5 console which grants the option to choose in-game between the Quality or Performance modes?

As a huge fan of this game and a ps5 console owner/"enjoyer" I really wish having the ability to choose between higher texture quality and resolution and sacrifice 60 fps to 30 fps for playing this game. I would choose the better graphics, always. At least for the time I have to wait for the official ps5 version of the game.

So how about it, will we ps5 gamers get the option to choose between Performance and Quality modes as the Xbox X gamers can? And is there a time window for this patch? And if ps5 gamers do not get the option to choose, I would like to hear an accurate explanation why not.

I think this is Sony's fault in the way they are handling Backwards Compatibility. Rocket League Devs said, that it has to be a native PS5 Game to tap to the max Power of the machine. In the current state it runs in PS4 Pro Boost Mode.

Thats a shame for PS5... All my PS4 game, ALL of them are better on PS5 than this game... I can understand that nextgen patch will come later... But you can do something about the resolution and blurry effect... Seriously... Its nearly the same as the PS4 fat version !

as a reminder, Adams Kichinski as CEO CDPR stated months ago this game works surprisingly good in playstation4

Hey i am totally on your site... i have a ps5 too and needed to stop playing the game after an hour or so.
i know the game graphics are based on the ps4 versions and we are playing via backwards compatiliby mode but we are also doing it with all the ps plus collection games ...

yeah some are optimised and some not. And i also started rdr2 and ghost of tsushima just for comparision.

But i can not understand why this game has to look so badly..

God of war for example is 2 years old now and when i started it i was blowen away by the details you can see. Everything is sharp as a razerblade.

Same level of detail at ghost and rdr2.

Here just 2 pictures for example. One is cyberpunk and one god of war.

Please cdpr fix all the problems everyone is talking about and please give us as fast as possible the next gen update.

I realy love all the lore of the game and how i played.. but pleas give us the visual that is possible on a ps4. Just look at ghost, tlou2, rdr 2 and you see what is possible..

Attachments

• PS_App_20201211_065250.jpeg
    PS_App_20201211_065250.jpeg
    909.9 KB · Views: 258
  • PS_App_20201211_065254.jpeg
    PS_App_20201211_065254.jpeg
    695.1 KB · Views: 204

Well written, and exactly my question! Thank you for asking this. I was surprised that more people didn't ask this specific question. I am really hoping CP2077 would have a Fidelity toggle on PS5 just like the Xbox Series X ALREADY has implemented.

So people saying that "It will come when the PS5 version comes out" is kinda of a cop out since the new Xbox has this now already as we speak.

Is it harder to do this on the new PS5 architecture than on the new Xbox for some developers? I don't know. But a response would be great. It would be nice to at least know its in the works BEFORE the PS5 version comes out who knows when next year.

I love 60fps as much as the next person, but I would rather have the FIDELITY when it comes to a game as long awaited, as hyped, and as gorgeous as this game is supposed to be. I love the lore and I'm having a blast creating characters right now. Just waiting for a fidelity mode to continue playing it.

I played Miles Morales in full Fidelty mode and IT'S GORGEOUS. I'm really looking forward to doing the same with CP2077, and I feel I may wait until the option is implemented sadly.

Last edited:

Guest 4454648

Running on PS5 via backwards compatibility, confirming similar issues happening for PS4 minus frame rate issues, experiencing blurry low resolution (estimate 720P) also low res assets (disappointing) .

LG 4K TV running game mode. HDR is not performing correctly, modest improvement with it on but muddy colors as some have mentioned, not sure tv is even detecting it since HDR activation popup doesn't display on LG TV when activated (most games it does).

About two hours in gameplay so far. Experienced some character drifting in VR session when loaded into area. Character moves forward until you move joystick, also loads character pointed right at walls or in strange locations in area.

Requires console optimization, hard to enjoy after just finishing TLOU2 on PS5 for first time, amazing. Dissapointed like many but holding hope to see at least a resolution boost to 4K PS4 Pro compatability in a patch, if not I'll be holding out for PS5 upgrade.

On PC there's a problem with AMDs FidelityFX (according to my own findings) that's causes the blur of all time. And I bet this is used on all consoles with no option to turn it off. So I guess you have to wait for a fix =(

I have confidence CDPR with give us a Fidelity option for PS5/PS4 Pro in due time before the full PS5 version next year. I hope.

Guest 4567558

Out of the box, PS5 now supports a 120hz refresh rate which means you can definitely play at 120FPS. Sony also revealed that PS5 comes with HDMI 2.1 cable right out of the box. Along with HDMI 2.1 cable having 48GBPS high speed, you also need a ps5 gaming monitor with a 120hz refresh rate. Unfortunately, there is no 120hz gaming monitor that also comes with HDMI 2.1 port. For 120FPS gaming, consider buying a TV with a 120hz refresh rate and HDMI 2.1 port.

yep, playing on PS5 game is so blurry that initially I though there is something wrong with my 4K TV (n);) you may try disabling all effects , blur when moving etc but it doesn't help much to be fair.

Top Bottom