text on hud/ui is blurry/low resolution no matter what on 1440p

+
first off i know the game has ghosting and chromatic abbreviation, toggling those in fact did not help my issue, this issue has plagued my game since 1.62 and i feel like i'm going insane trying to explain this to others. i will attach images and link raw image links just in case the compression here messes it up, BUT NO ONE ELSE'S HUD HAS TEXT THIS LOW RESOLUTION please i am going insane

oCPwhcN8UgD.png

look how blurry the text is compared to the ui elements, esp the countdown and the level indicator (image link)
upYikCOGkDw.png

this one is from 1.61 and you can see that the text is clear as day (image link)

2023-10-20_0051_1.png

again just look how much clearer the box is on the skip ahead section is compared to the text (image link)

i did try to turn off dlss but it didn't make a difference, again i know there's blur on the hud by default cause some reddit smartypants thought i was stupid, but it has been genuinely pissing me off more than it should since 1.62, please i am begging, someone help me

Hi, man. If you need this, I have the same problem and noone can understand me. I have one solution for us. Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D settings > Program Settings > choose cyberpunk 2077 > Image Scaling (first one). I set 50% but its too sharpness imo. You can set 35-40% like i did. Good luck. (sure you need turn off in-game sharpness like dlss or dlaa sharpness)
EDIT: its still looks worse. Hud and fonts blurry. But the other my solution is enable DLDSR 2.25x (my native resolution 2560x1440 > with dldsr - 4K) and dlss balance. I have 3-5 fps better then my native 2k, better hud/ui (like it has to be) and better looks graphics. (much better imo). RTX 3070 and VRAM using between 6-7 GB (maybe more on other locations but i hope not). Alson i using "Purify The UI" mod old version (1.2). That disabled 3d and chrom ab effects, hud looks clearly and less blurry

Last edited:
thanks for the tips, unfortunately it still is blurry after i tried the things you've said, i feel like i'm being punished by a higher being to make me look insane

Whats ur native resolution? If it 1080 then maybe it still blurry even with dldsr. I think Image Scaling is only one solution for you, a little bit tho

It's most likely something in your post-processing: anti-aliasing technique, screen scaling, dynamic resolution, etc.

2D assets will not be affected by options like chromatic aberration. "Ghosting" is not something any game does -- that's a latency issue with a monitor's response time being either too low or too high in relation to the refresh rate. "Motion blur" is post-processing affect that, again, is nothing that will affect 2D HUD assets.

The issue is either resolution scaling, DLSS / FSR, or other things that affect the final render image. (Or, it could be mod-related if you are using mods or have ever used them in the past.)

Check your NVIDIA EXperience resolution settings for the game, check that it's not using that stupid setting where it doubles the resolution and then downscales it for "better quality" which never is better quality unless you have a 1500 dollar graphic card.

Can you send screenshots from imgsli for an example with dldsr and native? like that https://imgsli.com/MjIyNTI5/1/2
so i today it ended up working??

but istg i will install the game pre 1.6 and can show all of you that the text was clear and not "low res-y"

imgsli links:
settings menu
in game hud (i disabled DLSS in the game for this one)

however the performance hit of DLDSR 2.25x is just a major turn off for something that did work before is not really that ideal imo

if it is really necessary i will install 1.5 lmao

Idk, on 3070 with dlss balance and 2.25x dldsr it is the same framerate as native 2k. Maybe you have bottleneck with VRAM but on optimized settings framerate is normal. I also installed 1.6 patch and its all the same. And i dont know where to find past versions. If you will find that, let me know too when you check problem

sorry for the late-ish reply, had to hunt down an older version of the game (cause gog doesn't keep anything before 1.6)

keep in mind that both of these game installations are fresh, no mods, and has the same exact graphics settings (no dlss or any upscaling)

[Press [_] to continue]
[Select Difficulty Level]
["Jobs gonna kill you"]
[Opening Cutscene]
["Time to work"]

These are the ones where it's the most noticeable where it first grabbed my attention:

[Looting Items]
[Shooting]
[Flatlined]

this is the most pettiest thing i have probably ever posted online but it pisses me off beyond belief and idk if it's intentional or somewhere something happened cause (not a game developer) it looks like the hud is 1080p while the game is 1440p

Top Bottom