PS5 - Bug - GIG: Many ways to skin a cat

+
I noticed that there was a PC thread for this. Wasn't sure if i should add to that thread or start a new one as I am playing on the ps5. I didn't see a ps5 thread for this Gig. Apologies if I am doing something wrong (please merge it into the pc thread if that is where I should have posted.)

This was a GIG that I tried to do very early in the game... one of the first... but when I jacked into the terminal upstairs V would freeze forcing me to reload the game. Only on closer inspection did I realize that the game never recognized that I had arrived at the building... so even when on the premises it would still be telling me to go to the building. As a result, I can't progress through this GIG.

I have been going back here and there to try, and have now completed the game (80+ highly enjoyable hours - THANK YOU :)) and still am not able to trigger this GIG.. it never recognizes when I arrive.

to further complicate things? My son playing on his ps5 was able to complete this gig without issue... but he focused on story and side quests first, and left gigs until the end.

Last edited:
There is no way to fix this once it happened.
There are a few reasons this can happen.

1. First time you go you enter the building area from wrong direction or even wrong door/windows. Not all entryways will trigger for all gigs/missions.
2. The game was getting too low on memory and about to crash when you tried to do it first time.
3. When you entered area you got a street cred update/phone call or other updates at the same time, this can also screw this up.

Only way to fix this is to load a game from before you got this quest.
Make sure your phone messages is cleared. If phone call stand still wait until finished.
If Jhonny shows up wait until finsihed.
If any other scripted updates, wait until finished.
Still looting updates wait until finished.

This made me able to get through the whole game and get all trophies for gigs. Just keep waiting for that scripting engine to finish, especially at street cred updates when sometimes you can get 2-3 phone calls and new gigs and police markers showing up everywhere.

This message scripting engine in the background seem very buggy and unable to handle too many queued requests at least on console.

im on ps4 pro and same i jack in and i just stand there cant leave computer. on youtube the mission details change when they enter building , mine dont i tried stealth, killed everyone and still , i even did a bunch of quests and came back the same. its the only gig i need for the platinum. please fix this.

To follow up, I created a new v and ran through the game focusing only on clearing Watson. Took just over 13 hours, but I now have the trophy and the platinum. I have no idea why it let me complete the gig this time round.. just glad it did.

Last edited:
Top Bottom