Really REALLY bad Screen Tearing and FPS issues that randomly just appeared

+
So, whatever screen tearing glitch or issue this is, makes the game literally unplayable. My game was perfectly fine up until I started the mission where you save Evelyn. The distortion and screen tearing gets even worse in darker lightings, especially when it's raining. I have an EVGA 1070 and i7 CPU and had run a good 60 fps up until this glitch. I've tried changing all my settings, verifying file cache in steam, and restarting my pc. Nothing works. Does anyone else have this issue too? I swear to God this has to be the worst issue in the game yet. I was going to upload a clip of what my game looks like, but I guess a 7 second video is too much of a file size for this forum, so I took screenshots of the video to see how awful it really is.
Post automatically merged:

I've even updated my drivers too. It didn't fix the problem at all.

Attachments

• Cyberpunk 1.jpg
    Cyberpunk 1.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 207
  • Cyberpunk 2.jpg
    Cyberpunk 2.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 263
  • Cyberpunk 3.jpg
    Cyberpunk 3.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:
not sure exactly when it starts, but there is a section of the game where your vision deteriorates and the pixellation and ghosting gets very bad and makes it harder to play. but this is intentional and only progressing a certain quest fixes it.

the effects happening in your images is not screen tearing, that is ghosting.
screen tearing occurs when vertical frames slightly overlap causing noticeable horizontal lines down your screen where the image(s) don't match.

Last edited:
Hey, have you managed to find a fix for this glitch yet ? I just got the same one after I started the rescue Evelyn mission
Yeah I did,,
I just went back to the apartment where the character lives at and it immediately went away. I guess it's apart of the game. Pretty fuckin stupid though Idk why they would add that.
Post automatically merged:

not sure exactly when it starts, but there is a section of the game where you vision deteriorates and the pixellation and ghosting gets very bad and makes it harder to play. but this is intentional and only progressing a certain quest fixes it.

the effects happening in your images is not screen tearing, that is ghosting.
screen tearing occurs when vertical frames slightly overlap causing noticeable horizontal lines down your screen where the image(s) don't match.
Oh okay cool. Thanks for clarifying. Just not sure why they would add something like that to the game.

Top Bottom