Never Fade Away quest bug

+
So I encountered a game breaking glitch last night during Never Fade Away. Alt Cunningham never spawned at all at any point during the mission, the conversations were entirely one-sided, and the mission ended with a completely black screen where the game freezes. By not spawning at all I mean Johnny does everything solo without another physical character and just looks like a crazy man miming the whole time. It was honesty hilarious until it broke

I tried uninstalling all mods and verifying the game again on Steam but that didn’t work. Tried using an earlier save, though it was an auto save from prior to the mission starting but that didn’t work either.

I looked around and it appears other have had this issue, but I have not found a fix. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this problem and get Alt to spawn? Is this a framerate issue? It looks like this mission has had a lot of bugs over the years too.

What could be causing this and how do I fix it?

Just my opinion, but there are great chances it's somehow related to the mods... I could be wrong, but I don't really remember anyone who reported this kind of issue on the forum since I'm on it. And if it's the case, great chances the issue will remains in your save file(s). So no matter if you disable or remove mods, you will encounter the issue anyway :(

I could suggest to perform a clean install of the game to get ride of all mods datas on the game itself, try to load your save and cross your fingers it will work (and to not encounter even more issue, because loading a modded save on a vanilla game is not a good idea either).
Also maybe check on mod's page of all mods you used, in case someone already reported the same issue.

I haven’t encountered a single issue prior to this one. All of the mods were appearance related for NPCs and nothing about quests or anything.

I didn’t mod graphics or quests or guns and I never touched Alt.

If I verified the install through Steam to fix any mods like cyber tweaks would that be the equivalent of a new install or should I do the full process from the link?

If I verified the install through Steam to fix any mods like cyber tweaks would that be the equivalent of a new install or should I do the full process from the link?
To be sure you remove all possible remaining mod datas > clean install (like in the link). And even, if you load a "modded" save, mod datas still can persist in the save file itself and so, the issues :(

Top Bottom