Save system upgrade suggestion

+
Hey,
I got an idea for an upgraded save system.

Currently, in both Witcher 3 and CP77, saves from multiple playthroughs are displayed in a single scrollable menu.

This makes it nearly impossible to understand which is from what playthrough (there are only save pictures and time).

It could be nice to have some name-able folders to separate saves from different playthroughs.

Use-cases possibly include:
- multiple players who share the same PC - they could name such folders by their names
- single player organizing multiple playthroughs - (s)he would name the folders by e.g. lifepath, playstyle,...

Last edited:
The save list should have filtering and sorting options (filter by name, sort by playng time, save date & time, maybe by player level etc.). Currently they're sorted by save date and it's a complete mess when you replay parts of the game (like both paths of finishing Phantom Liberty for example).

Playing on console sucks. 20 manual saves only.
The save slots are just one big stream and you can accidentally delete and overrite a character save.
There are no character save partitions like those found in Elden Ring, Starfield, Bloodborne, Hogwarts Legacy, etc.

I screwed up the precise dialogue with Johnny and I'm 200 hours into my game and I cannot do the secret mission with him.

I just have to watch it on Youtube rather than playing it myself.

Such bloody bad game design.

Playing on console sucks. 20 manual saves only.
The save slots are just one big stream and you can accidentally delete and overrite a character save.
There are no character save partitions like those found in Elden Ring, Starfield, Bloodborne, Hogwarts Legacy, etc.

i personally dont think 20 is a number to be claimed "only" but i agree that the overview/structure could be better.... after returning from a longer break between 1.63 and 2.0 i was also confused which savefile i made for which reason. First thing i made... without kidding... was a list on my mobile phone afterwards... :')

Like...

Manuel save XX: Female, SK lvl 50, Q-Netrunner - base game clear pre PL (attribute reroll available)
Manuel save XX: Female, SK lvl 60, Q-Netrunner - Firestarter, DLC path decision
----
Manuel save XX: Female, Corpo lvl 50, Netrunner - pure grind, all quests availble
Manuel save XX: Female, Corpo lvl 60, Netrunner - PL clear, base game quests available
Manuel save XX: Female, Corpo lvl 60, Netrunner - This Corrosion, Craft Decision

etc pp... did it for all three Lifepathes ending up giving all of them 5-6 saveslots respectively....

seems kinda stupid but i screwed up some saves as well and was pretty much annoyed about it myself.... character save partitions would be welcome indeed tho : /

Top Bottom