Starfield! Spaaaaaaace...ladders.

+
That's a bizarre design decision, if it's a decision rather than a bug. At a minimum, there needs to be a big warning in the ship designer about what will happen. Also makes trying to decorate the ship sort of pointless.
Sleep another day, waited a third day, traveled to two systems and completed three missions - it's all gone unless I reload again.
:(

EDIT: this is all on a save from before I edited the ship. It's a vanilla ship as spawned in the game. Items in crates, cargo hold itself, stands, etc are all safe. It's the wall mounts that are broken.

@Sardukhar I read that article you linked again and this caught my eye "Any of the ambient items that come with a module disappear for good." I'm guessing that since armories are a module, the tracking it bugged entirely for items you attach to them and, like myself, they only noticed this once they modded their ship because they had not slept on a ship with an armory by the time they wrote the article.

Last edited:
Pre-Ordered it and games don't excite me simply because of "mods"
the storyline and character development are what does. Mods are like
sprinkles on that vanilla ice cream. Been playing their games for years
starting with the first Fallout's and have never looked back since.

Sleep another day, waited a third day, traveled to two systems and completed three missions - it's all gone unless I reload again.

EDIT: this is all on a save from before I edited the ship. It's a vanilla ship as spawned in the game. Items in crates, cargo hold itself, stands, etc are all safe. It's the wall mounts that are broken.

@Sardukhar I read that article you linked again and this caught my eye "Any of the ambient items that come with a module disappear for good." I'm guessing that since armories are a module, the tracking it bugged entirely for items you attach to them and, like myself, they only noticed this once they modded their ship because they had not slept on a ship with an armory by the time they wrote the article.

Ah, yes. Well, we knew there were gonna be some doozies. This looks like a big one. I'm splitting time between SF and BG3 right now anyway (in between 2077 as always) so I guess I'll lean more into BG 3 (which is also really buggy for me, I'm all the way back to Act 1 after making it to Act 3) for a bit.

I did enjoy levelling up by hunting the Kreet Kritters as I call them. Couldn't help but notice the ground-disappear animations were very, ah, FO4 though. Heh. Also, jetpacks are cool. And I miss Elex, but that's another story.

I'm scared of Bethesda trying to do a hot fix, but this one is going to need fixing sooner rather than later, or people will be furious when they start losing stuff.

I seem to have been spared by this bug. I modified the Frontier extensively and numerous times and all my stuff is still there.

In fact, outside of two crashes at seemingly random times with no commonality between them, it's been pretty flawless.

Oh and this little gem. Shot the guy's boost pack and it just sent him flying through the ceiling.

Photo_2023-09-01-155158 - Copy.png

It's obviously a collision bug but seeing him panicked as his boost pack turns on to then just smash him into the ceiling to just ... dangle there.

That's the kind of bug I can overlook.

I seem to have been spared by this bug. I modified the Frontier extensively and numerous times and all my stuff is still there.

In fact, outside of two crashes at seemingly random times with no commonality between them, it's been pretty flawless.

Oh and this little gem. Shot the guy's boost pack and it just sent him flying through the ceiling.

View attachment 11360428

It's obviously a collision bug but seeing him panicked as his boost pack turns on to then just smash him into the ceiling to just ... dangle there.

This is the kind of bug I embrace. Did you see Hines talking about the shark bug? Also sounds amazing.

View attachment 11360428

Dang it. I can't figure out how to build anything with the ship designer. I want to modify the starter ship like that, and make the Firefly into a Super-Firefly. Er, I mean the Frontier.

Got a nice one :)
I give to Sarah a cameo helmet and then when the space suit is hidden :D
02-09-2023_07-04-43-fd3vbher.jpeg

Dang it. I can't figure out how to build anything with the ship designer. I want to modify the starter ship like that, and make the Firefly into a Super-Firefly. Er, I mean the Frontier.
It took me a few tries, but it's pretty fun :)

Beside, for me, for now, money is the main issue... I'm constantly broke :ROFLMAO:

Hmm, thinking about restarting already now that i know a bit more... Built my character way to hard into diplomacy and building stuff and on hard enemys are way tankier then i thought. Kinda remade fem Shepard witch is kinda fun tho so ill probably save the saves atleast :D

This is the kind of bug I embrace. Did you see Hines talking about the shark bug? Also sounds amazing.

I have not, I tried, and still do, to stay away from anything that could spoil anything. I kind of want to see a "shark bug" now.

Just go ahead and add stuff. It'll eventually make sense what you can and can't do. That's what I did. I just tinkered with it while keeping an eye on the errors.

The pieces snapping together can be a bit tricky but otherwise I'm loving the tool. There just a TON of stuff in there already. I can't wait for some modders to get creative with this.

Hmm, thinking about restarting already now that i know a bit more...
Might be better now than later, after hundred(s) hours... :giggle:
I won't restart, but I already think about my next character... With this one I fell into the "Bethesda trap", I play stealth... But the game pushed me in, I loot some great stuff with suppressors :D
The pieces snapping together can be a bit tricky but otherwise I'm loving the tool. There just a TON of stuff in there already. I can't wait for some modders to get creative with this.
Yes, when you get how it work, the building mode is very cool. I love it and I'm sure modders will, add some great stuff to it :)
In have to figure out where I have to start for crafting... Everything that I take a look cost thing that I don't have yet :(

Last edited:
I'm scared of Bethesda trying to do a hot fix, but this one is going to need fixing sooner rather than later, or people will be furious when they start losing stuff.
Yeah. Part of the reward for acquiring the mantis, as it comes with the armory and some decent toys, is that the crates and armory function as tertiary storage. So I could store my weapons on walls and suits, ammo, stim gear in the crates with plenty of room in ship cargo for hoarding.

Bit of a wet blanket for a bounty hunter, otherwise I’m enamored. The game is almost everything I wanted.

Companion contextual dialog is next level. Planet after planet they have something to say for that situation or moment.

Big game

Ok, currently about "1 day and 7 hours" on my save, but...
I met Constellation no long ago, I didn't leave Alpha Centauri system, I barely scratched the ships building, didn't touch the crafting system and even less the colony building...
There is so much stuff to do, it seem like endless which is awesome :ROFLMAO:

I was really excited about Resident Evil 4 Remake, Baldur's Gate 3, Starfield and Phantom Liberty this year. I really enjoyed RE4. Baldur's Gate 3 was great - though they have to fix up the last act.

I think Starfield is just an absolute joke of a game. To me it is a step back from Skyrim and Fallout 4. I have put in about twelve hours and won't be going back. I would honestly give it something like a 4/10. :(

Hopefully Phantom Liberty is as good as it looks!
Post automatically merged:

Additional Starfield thoughts -

Positives:
- Companion system is pretty solid. It's great that they are constantly commenting on a variety of different things.
- Combat took a step up from the Fallout games.
- Itemization is solid, found it interesting.

Meh:
- The game looks better than other Bethesda games, but it does not live up to the visual standards of a true 2023 AAA game.

Negatives:
- The very beginning of the game does not seem particularly well thought out or coherent. I meet some guy and he just gives me his ship and robot... and this random group of people take me in pretty much without question. I have no problem with the plot itself, but how rapidly it unfolds is... uhh... a tad ridiculous.
- The writing in the game is atrocious and makes it very difficult to get 'immersed' into the world.
- I would describe almost every quest or thing I ran into as... boring and shallow. None of the quests had any kind of depth to them.
- There is an immense amount of filler content. Some of the first quests I ran into were "Go trade this plate to a guy" and "Can you get me a coffee?". Some people may enjoy that stuff, but it is just pointless filler that makes finding actual content worth doing in the game that much more difficult.
- The randomly generated areas I stumbled upon were all pretty bad. Usually settlements with people who had nothing to say outside of pointing me to a board with radiant quests on it. Some other people seem to have found some cool stuff from the sounds of it - but in twelve hours I found pretty much nothing I would consider entertaining.
- The best part of Bethesda games (for me) was exploring the open world. That was replaced by multiple loading screens, going to one planet, exploring a place and then leaving right away. Still think they should have gone with 5-10 planets full of stuff rather than 1,000 with just random trash scattered across them.
- Edit: One more... the tutorials and introduction to the game are extremely bad. There are a ton of systems and ways to do things in the game with zero explanation of how to do so. I would randomly figure out better ways to do things that went against the pop-ups that came up and was like... uhhh... why did their little tutorial tell me to do this the long way that wastes a bunch of time?
- Edit 2: Oh yeah - and the enemy AI (and companion AI, especially in combat) is extremely bad.

Some people I have read say the more you put into the game the more it gives back. But I shouldn't have to put more than twelve hours into a game to get invested in it or get to 'the good parts'. If that is the case - then the game just isn't good. :shrug:

Last edited:
Ok, currently about "1 day and 7 hours" on my save, but...
I met Constellation no long ago, I didn't leave Alpha Centauri system, I barely scratched the ships building, didn't touch the crafting system and even less the colony building...
There is so much stuff to do, it seem like endless which is awesome :ROFLMAO:
You have plenty of good dungeons to find, bud. 😀

there’s a fun dungeon orbiting the moon you may enjoy; also had a clue for a quest I was neglecting. 🙂curious if I skipped some fetching as i was supposed to look for that guy on Mars.

I was really excited about Resident Evil 4 Remake, Baldur's Gate 3, Starfield and Phantom Liberty this year. I really enjoyed RE4. Baldur's Gate 3 was great - though they have to fix up the last act.

I think Starfield is just an absolute joke of a game. To me it is a step back from Skyrim and Fallout 4. I have put in about twelve hours and won't be going back. I would honestly give it something like a 4/10. :(

Hopefully Phantom Liberty is as good as it looks!

Additional Starfield thoughts -

Positives:
- Companion system is pretty solid. It's great that they are constantly commenting on a variety of different things.
- Combat took a step up from the Fallout games.
- Itemization is solid, found it interesting.

Meh:
- The game looks better than other Bethesda games, but it does not live up to the visual standards of a true 2023 AAA game.

Negatives:
- The very beginning of the game does not seem particularly well thought out or coherent. I meet some guy and he just gives me his ship and robot... and this random group of people take me in pretty much without question. I have no problem with the plot itself, but how rapidly it unfolds is... uhh... a tad ridiculous.
- The writing in the game is atrocious and makes it very difficult to get 'immersed' into the world.
- I would describe almost every quest or thing I ran into as... boring and shallow. None of the quests had any kind of depth to them.
- There is an immense amount of filler content. Some of the first quests I ran into were "Go trade this plate to a guy" and "Can you get me a coffee?". Some people may enjoy that stuff, but it is just pointless filler that makes finding actual content worth doing in the game that much more difficult.
- The randomly generated areas I stumbled upon were all pretty bad. Usually settlements with people who had nothing to say outside of pointing me to a board with radiant quests on it. Some other people seem to have found some cool stuff from the sounds of it - but in twelve hours I found pretty much nothing I would consider entertaining.
- The best part of Bethesda games (for me) was exploring the open world. That was replaced by multiple loading screens, going to one planet, exploring a place and then leaving right away. Still think they should have gone with 5-10 planets full of stuff rather than 1,000 with just random trash scattered across them.
- Edit: One more... the tutorials and introduction to the game are extremely bad. There are a ton of systems and ways to do things in the game with zero explanation of how to do so. I would randomly figure out better ways to do things that went against the pop-ups that came up and was like... uhhh... why did their little tutorial tell me to do this the long way that wastes a bunch of time?
- Edit 2: Oh yeah - and the enemy AI (and companion AI, especially in combat) is extremely bad.

Some people I have read say the more you put into the game the more it gives back. But I shouldn't have to put more than twelve hours into a game to get invested in it or get to 'the good parts'. If that is the case - then the game just isn't good. :shrug:
Oof, that’s brutal. All true.
Well, probably almost all true if you follow the beaten path. I always divert course first second I can in games like this and have been satisfied. Sorry to hear it’s been a real drag.

Last edited:
You have plenty of good dungeons to find, bud. 😀
Yeah, I also really like the abandoned space stations and derelict ships. Many areas are quite small, but I came across huge facilities :)
(yep, I'm at this one, find the dude on Mars^^)
I'll go look to him, maybe... But after visiting the house that I finally managed to entirely pay and check if I'm able to build a proper "storage room" in it :D

Oof, that’s brutal. All true.
Well, probably almost all true if you follow the beaten path. I always divert course first second I can in games like this and have been satisfied. Sorry to hear it’s been a real drag.

From the sounds of it you can get kind of 'unlucky' - so to speak. The random content aspect of the game is... random. So I also just started wandering around and when I did - I just found a bunch of super shallow stuff. Small settlements with people who were like "Hi - go click on this board and it will give you radiant quests!" and a few small spots with enemies that had... no real reason to be there other than for me to kill them and take stuff.

It is one of the reasons I looked at other reviews and stuff. Didn't even mind if they were spoilery. Some people described some pretty cool stuff that they found and that sounds great. But if you play twelve hours you should find some of that kind of stuff - at least I'd think! Haha.

Glad you (and seemingly quite a few others!) are enjoying it though. :)

Hmm. Your meh list is why I've been apprehensive. For some reason I anticipated a lot of this being in the mix. Fetch quests, the procedural stuff pulling from limited templates, for lack of a better word, busy work style time sinks, wide as an ocean, deep as a puddle....

Some of the reviews I've seen are certainly pointing in those directions. They all seem to imply some of the side content is pretty good. Even so, those slices of content only get so much mileage. These type of games rely on replayability.

Not to mention there is always the new car smell effect. It pops up with a lot of games nowadays. You start into it and everything seems great, fun and exciting. Then you play it for a bit and that feeling gets replaced with repetitive, shallow and boring.

I also haven't been impressed by the look of it. This isn't a huge deal breaker but it does have some relevance. I see Beth still hasn't figured out how to make non-ass looking trees and, to some extent, rocks/mountains. I'm sure there is a reason for it. The rest is servicable. It's not exactly breathtaking for newer games though.

Oh yeah and another thing...

The game does not have local/area maps. Which I just find... insane in a AAA game released in 2023. I was convinced this was a bug or something - but the game legit does not have local maps. :oops:

Top Bottom