Starfield! Spaaaaaaace...ladders.

+
So is this really a "oversight" flaw like this guys says or is it a bug that needs to be fixed (like by a "fix a lot of bugs" mod as we have had for other beth games)?

WARRNIG: There is a spoiler for the crimson fleet in this vid:

So is this really a "oversight" flaw like this guys says or is it a bug that needs to be fixed (like by a "fix a lot of bugs" mod as we have had for other beth games)?

WARRNIG: There is a spoiler for the crimson fleet in this vid:

I can't confirm this as the fleet was hostile to me when I got to that quest, I'm inclined to believe it from my own experience once I had allied with them.

It really feels more like an oversight than a bug though.

Although he could've maybe fixed the issue by opening fire on the crimson fleet. Alternatively, racking up a bounty with the crimson fleet will turn all of them hostile until it is paid.

playing cp2077 right now, but I'll be going back to starfield and likely mixing the two up. I'm going full pirate next playthrough,

This 30 second clip just had me going wow at the attention given to the NPC interaction and I want more

Yea i fell for the temptation too, replaying it now since i tested the PL speed character but that sucked. Feels like you level way faster now and some of the gameplay is improved alot. Story is the same tho no matter what i do so its a bit of a slug especially in the beginning. Game looks awsome tho, some minor faults with PT and so on but no bugs no stutters no decresed performance so far (only at konpeki so) Will s eif i finish this playtrough or ill just level untill i do PL and then quit...

I was enjoying Starfield up until yesterday (Sept 26th). After work, I realized Phantom Liberty had been released. So after work, I downloaded the expansion and that's all I'll be playing for now.

Perfect game? Merge Starfield with Cyberpunk 2077.

Hmm starfield with Cp2077s FP talk scenes perhaps. But id rather not mix them tbh... Starfield is probably more up my alley especially when they get proper mods and and so on.
I was actually thinking more along the lines of ship building, interstellar space travel and thousands of planets, combined with Cyberpunk's immersive city design and combat / skill trees. Could you imagine what New Atlantis or Neon would look like, if CDPR had designed the cities and settlements...and the current hardware was capable of flawlessly running it?! That would truly be next gen.

Last edited:
I got to level 49 on Starfield and reached 100 hours before 2.0 arrived then only went back to hit 50 and have been on Cyberpunk since. I think Starfield is a great game though even if there's divisive parts to it but I feel like I'm going to be playing Cyberpunk for a while yet before going back. It's strange because I played Baldur's Gate 3 for weeks and I think that's a great game too but then Starfield arrived and I got rooted to that instead, almost dropping BG3 in an instant, now the same has happened with Starfield and Cyberpunk.

I continually find it amazing though that over the last 2 months there's been Baldur's Gate 3, then Starfield and now 2.0 and Phantom Liberty. To have all of that arrive in such a short space of time is easily one of the best things I've ever experienced in gaming.

I was actually thinking more along the lines of ship building, interstellar space travel and thousands of planets, combined with Cyberpunk's immersive city design and combat / skill trees. Could you imagine what New Atlantis or Neon would look like, if CDPR had designed then and the current hardware was capable of flawlessly running it?! That would truly be next gen.
Hehe development time of like 100 years too. That will sadly not happend but perhaps modders can expand a bit on them.

FFS Bethesda
Went through unity because 1 quest completely borked only to have a finished quest decide it's always going to be selected

I played this game for about 10 hours over a few days, thought the writing was trash, but was to be expected. Combat is boring, looting is exactly what you would expect. The little skill tree is cute and pretty well designed but really seems to make little difference in gameplay. I got enough money to make a cool looking ship, then the update for Cyberpunk came out and this game got yeeted to my faulty HDD where all games I will never play again go to die.

Shortly afterwards I got insulted by Todd Howard because apparently my mid range PC that can play literally every other game at 60fps on mid to high settings apparently isn't good enough for the playdough looking NPCs of Starfield to render and I should just stop being poor and buy a 4090.

Oh yeah and the first actual 'choice' in the main storyline bugged out so I had to just shoot a character in the face because I literally couldn't play the game otherwise. Made me laugh thinking about all the reviews I read and watched saying 'this game just isn't buggy like previous Bethesda games.'

Made me laugh thinking about all the reviews I read and watched saying 'this game just isn't buggy like previous Bethesda games.'
No luck for you, but I can guarantee you that Starfield is the less buggy Bethesda games I have ever played and by a long shot* ;)
In 400 hrs, I didn't encounter any quest breaking bug... which a little miracle for a Bethesda game :giggle:

*to be honest, when someone say otherwise, I think that either he never really played previous Bethesda games (at release and even way later^^), either he have absolutely the worst luck ever on Starfield.

Last edited:
No luck for you, but I can guarantee you that Starfield is the less buggy Bethesda games I have ever played and by a long shot* ;)
In 400 hrs, I didn't encounter any quest breaking bug... which a little miracle for a Bethesda game :giggle:

*to be honest, when someone say otherwise, I think that either he never really played previous Bethesda games (at release and even way later^^), either he have absolutely the worst luck ever on Starfield.
Well to be honest, the bug I'm speaking about is a bug that a lot of people got and it was the only bug I did encounter in the short time I played the game.

Well to be honest, the bug I'm speaking about is a bug that a lot of people got and it was the only bug I did encounter in the short time I played the game.
During my 400 hrs, I didn't have to reload a save a single time because of a broken quest, not once... and the game crashed two or three times in total, but only after particularely long periodes of playing (+10hrs). For a Bethesda game, that's outstanding, and to be honest, also unexpected^^.

So no, reviews which state that Starfield is the less buggy Bethesda ever released are totally right ;)

Well I finally put starfield down
Over 800 hours played. NG+5 and got to the point I was bored. I did everything. Then my saves started failing and I couldn't travel due to crashing.

So I returned to Night City

My V is currently retired basically. Still "collect" some cars and do some races to kill time. Even pop into Dogtown to liberate some Air drops from Barghest.

Every now and then Panam stops by to chill and unwind.

But once again I find myself in Night City. Starfield became boring, there was too much emptiness. Night City feels more alive with less to do in the "endgame" but my story keeps me entertained.

So I uninstalled Starfield, even with mods I don't believe they can create and environment like NC. There is just something about the world CDPR created

So I uninstalled Starfield, even with mods I don't believe they can create and environment like NC. There is just something about the world CDPR created

I don't disagree that SF would never be able to create the same feeling that NC does but it's really an apples vs oranges type of comparison.

NC is a hand crafted world meant to deliver a narrative experience for players to experience.

SF is a largely procedurally created sandbox world for players to create their own "narrative" in.

They're meant to deliver very different experiences.

It's really just Bethesda that wouldn't be able to do it though. I highly disagree that mods wouldn't be able to change that. The two experiences are so different because they are meant to be but some mod creators out there are exceptional and able to deliver incredible narrative experiences and many have built incredible worlds. I mean "The Forgotten City" for Skyrim won a Writer's Guild award for it's incredible script.

It's certainly feasible assuming the more talented individuals out there are interested in doing so and the necessary tools are there. SF's world, with it's incredibly large number of planets, certainly lends itself really well to incredible mods.

They're meant to deliver very different experiences.
Yeah and different way to play for me, at least :)
Just to take quests as example in my case, on CP I complete quests mainly for the story while on SF, I complete quests mainly for the rewards. And the same goes for previous Bethesda and CDPR games. On Oblivion, I remember jumping very soon on thieves guild quest line not for the story (I barely remember it...), but just to get the gray fox hood asap.

On side note, even if planets are quite empty, as a "space fan", I always find the sceneries rather gorgeous (even baren planets/moons). Maybe not as gorgeous as Night City, but being on a moon orbiting close to an amazing gaz giant with rings... that's something :giggle:

Top Bottom