Stop Decreasing Render Distance

+
I have noticed render distance decreases particularly starting with patch 1.06. The pop in and texture loading appears to be getting worse in patch 1.11. In addition some of the games graphics slides were made into dummies and do absolutely nothing. What's going on here you guys consoling the PC version of the game? Taking away our ability to tune it to our liking? Please think about this.

MSI X570 Mobo, Ryzen 3700x, 16 GB GSkill 3200mhz
RTX 2080 Super, 1TB EVO 860 SSD

I would greatly appreciate it if CD Projekt could publish a comment on that matter.
Saying whether or not they changed things.
And, ideally, a promise that they will not downgrade the PC version.

Quite a lot of people (me included) have spent considerable amounts of money in new rigs/updating their rigs, they want to enjoy this great game while having the best possible experience :)

I have been using the draw distance booster since 1.06. There are things like the transit tracks that are missing then pop in closer to them and are rendered further back. There is a point in between where they're just gone. I can try and grab a screen of it.

Attachments

• Cyberpunk2077 2021-01-29 11-25-49.png
    Cyberpunk2077 2021-01-29 11-25-49.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 403
  • Cyberpunk2077 2021-01-29 11-25-05.png
    Cyberpunk2077 2021-01-29 11-25-05.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 410
  • Cyberpunk2077 2021-01-29 11-24-12.png
    Cyberpunk2077 2021-01-29 11-24-12.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 356
  • Cyberpunk2077 2021-01-29 11-23-56.png
    Cyberpunk2077 2021-01-29 11-23-56.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 403
I first thought I see a difference after this subject was mentionned by several people last week end.

Now I've gotten a bit obsessed with it but I've grown unsure about what changed :sneaky:

Just an example : yesterday I was driving through the Badlands to the dumpfill (gig "Sparring Partner") and was shocked by the amount of severe pop in that you get in this area.
So I went on Youtube to look for a walkthrough of that mission shot with an early version on the game on a high end pc and found out...that the pop in looked the same, or at least very similar, difficult to say with certainty o_O

Last edited:
that the pop in looked the same, or at least very similar, difficult to say with certainty o_O
It's so odd in some instances because something's changed in most or all scenes, like LOD or whatever, but it's sometimes really difficult for me to pinpoint what. I just sit there and think "Something's off. Something's downgraded, but where's the issue?" The only time I can ever pinpoint these downgrades is when an NPC despawns or spawns literally in my eyesight, which never happened before 1.1 with me.

It's so odd in some instances because something's changed in most or all scenes, like LOD or whatever, but it's sometimes really difficult for me to pinpoint what. I just sit there and think "Something's off. Something's downgraded, but where's the issue?" The only time I can ever pinpoint these downgrades is when an NPC despawns or spawns literally in my eyesight, which never happened before 1.1 with me.

If you want to see the most extreme example of NPCs spawning/despawning go from Misty's shop to where you park you car in Act 1. At the intersection between the two streets you'll see at least half a dozen NPCs instant despawn (with NPC density on "high")...and respawn when you go back to Misty's shop !
That did not happen with 1.06
I have not found any other examples of this severity though

I have noticed render distance decreases particularly starting with patch 1.06. The pop in and texture loading appears to be getting worse in patch 1.11. In addition some of the games graphics slides were made into dummies and do absolutely nothing. What's going on here you guys consoling the PC version of the game? Taking away our ability to tune it to our liking? Please think about this.

I've been reading lately about how some PC players have been complaining about their version seemingly being downgraded with each new update. I just have this sneaky suspicion that this is being done to lessen the difference in graphical presentation between the PC and base console versions. I don't know why but I just feel like that. I recall when the game was being reviewed just after launch, how the some reviewers (Digital Foundry being one) were noting how different the experiences were when playing the PC version as opposed to the PS4 or XB1 versions. Now, we seem to be seeing a graphical upgrade of some sorts with the base console versions; especially on the PS4. I think I saw Eurogamer posting an article on that very topic recently after the 1.1 and 1.11 updates. Its weird, I know. Maybe CDPR felt that the game on PC was just too great looking with the base console looking like a blurry mess, I don't know. They maybe feel they need to make some sacrifices with the game on PC and therefore have. I realize that the consoles can never match the high-end PC when it comes to specs. But a priority for CDPR, from what I see, is to get the console versions as close as possible to the PC version and that is what the reason may be for these things happening right now. Another matter to consider is that the game needs to get back on the Sony PS Store ASAP in order to generate more revenue for CDPR in terms of digital sales. We also have lawsuits looming on CDPR due to claims of them not delivering a product advertised for base consoles. And let's not forget, the Polish Consumer Council wanting to know what CDPR is doing at every turn to improve the base console versions. Everybody's eyes seem to be on CDPR and they know they have to start showing acceptable results and fast. Personally, if its even remotely true that CDPR is downgrading the PC version, I strongly am against this strategy. I believe the PC players should get their best version and us console players should get ours. No compromises or sacrifices. We players deserve that much, I think. :)

Last edited:
I have noticed objects and NPCs fade in a shorter distance, but the performance on 1.11 is still the same as 1.06 (I am using a RTX 2080 at 1440p with Foundation Imaging's settings, DLSS balanced, raytraced reflections and it drops to 40-45 in crowded areas but runs at 60-70 elsewhere). No idea what the point of this downgrade is.

Sadly I also notice this more often recently, specially at the park where you meet the Zen Guy. "Reconciliation Park" I believe, look at the trees that are like 20 meters away from you. They turn into their respective low textured 2D versions unless you get closer to them. Very immersion ruining experience :-/

Yeah it's getting out of hand. I mean sometimes I can't even see enemies from 50m, what use is a sniper rifle then?
And yes I've noticed the change too, especially the distance at which 3d objects disappear and get replaced with sprites got a lot closer than it used to be.

I have similar specs, except i have an i9-9900k, and after 1.2 the render distance has gotten even worse.

I have similar specs, except i have an i9-9900k, and after 1.2 the render distance has gotten even worse.
Feels and looks like yes. The Game runs much smoother now... but definitely not because they fixed stuff. Need to have a look and compare.

It was noticeable in patches since 1.0, but 1.2 is a new low. Even moving a step to one side will alter the view in the relative near distance for things like shadows across entire buildings or graffiti on walls. I'm pretty certain the cause of it being increasingy apparent isn't my system, although I acknowledge that the system itself (in particular the GPU) may be a factor in why it's happening.

Asus B-550F, Ryzen 5600x, 16gb GSkill 3200mhz
GTX 1080sc, 1TB Evo 860 SSD, 1440p w/gsync, Digital Foundry's recommended settings for resolution and non-RT/DLSS card.

Last edited:
Top Bottom