Stuttering, massive fps drops, and bigger load times after 1.6 update

+
I'm experiencing some awful stuttering everytime I open menus like city map, inventory and the pause menu. Loading times have also increased. I have a gtx 1050ti, Intel Core i7-7700HQ with 8GB of RAM and a SSD. Before 1.6 I could play the game normally at medium settings and a lower resolution, stable 40 FPS. Now with the new update this game is almost unplayable and frustating.

The patch notes say "Adjusted graphics setting presets to provide a higher quality setup."
So it's possible that medium settings now are more demanding than before and thus require more from your rig. Try using a custom graphics setting by dropping some of the more heavier stuff down to a lower quality and check benchmark if that helps.
Your processor seems fine but the GPU and RAM are most likely the problem

The table below is the system requirements from six months ago

1662871922138.png

I saw the same on first running 1.6 with an old save - real degradation in performance, especially during driving. At times like treacle, then suddenly good, then suddenly bad.

Running perfectly now though - solid 60 fps at 1440p on Ray Trace Medium preset - really much better than I was getting on 1.5.

What seems to have fixed was, after reading some other comments on this, resetting the settings in Graphics and Video settings menu to default, then quitting and restarting (not sure if that was necessary but hey), then re-adjusting the graphics settings from scratch (for me that was basically putting vsync back on and choosing Ray-Tracing Medium preset).

That's all I did and since then (touch wood), it's been rock-steady, no glitches at all with map or any of the old problems.

The patch notes say "Adjusted graphics setting presets to provide a higher quality setup."

fun fact: the game is suddenly more expensive in terms of hardware resources but it doesn't look better even under the microscope... In the meantime they haven't fixed in ANY way the massive drop of frame when you opening the map / inventory or after some consecutive quickload...

there are only two variables: [...]

Last edited by a moderator:
fun fact: the game is suddenly more expensive in terms of hardware resources but it doesn't look better even under the microscope... In the meantime they haven't fixed in ANY way the massive drop of frame when you opening the map / inventory or after some consecutive quickload...

there are only two variables: [...]
With respect, i disagree :)

Fair statement though, I experienced the same initially and felt pretty grunty, but now the game is playing much much better than on 1.5, seriously. I reset all graphic options to default and then adjusted them back to what I wanted. No idea why that should be needed (clearing out caches?) but it has absolutely worked. In my case at least.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fair statement though, I experienced the same initially and felt pretty grunty, but now the game is playing much much better than on 1.5, seriously. I reset all graphic options to default and then adjusted them back to what I wanted. No idea why that should be needed (clearing out caches?) but it has absolutely worked. In my case at least.

Same here, performance has been better than ever with 1.6. Did a fresh, clean, re-install as I always do with every major patch since I use mods and this one is definitely one of the more, if not the most, stable patch as far as I'm concerned. No bugs or performance hits. A few oddities here and there but nothing that can remotely be called a problem.

I just finished a 3.5 hours session in fact (the one thing I can thank COVID for) and there was literally no issue whatsoever.

I reset all graphic options to default and then adjusted them back to what I wanted.

Fresh re-install from 0 and started a new run (I'm in Eveline Parker's mission in the mox club right now, that one with the first brain dance...)

I'm experiencing some awful stuttering everytime I open menus like city map, inventory and the pause menu. Loading times have also increased. I have a gtx 1050ti, Intel Core i7-7700HQ with 8GB of RAM and a SSD. Before 1.6 I could play the game normally at medium settings and a lower resolution, stable 40 FPS. Now with the new update this game is almost unplayable and frustating.
Yeah, I can and will give you just 1 solid friendly advise; Make a clean reinstall.

A clean reinstall means:

1a) If you have mods and you want to keep them, move them out of the Cyberpunk 2077 game folder first
1b) Uninstall the Cyberpunk 2077 game folder which can be found here if on Steam,

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077
2) Uninstall the leftovers of the game on Steam
3) Restart your system
4) Restart your internet modem and router
5a) Update your graphics card drivers (Optional)
5b) Start Steam, then "End" its process to force it to "Restart" (optional)
6) Reinstall the game

Very tedious, I know, but it worked for me, and is highly recommendable by the REDs themselves.

Top Bottom