Superhot - Kickstarter FPS from Poland

+
Wow. You know all the time when I was watching that pitch I was thinking, this must be what Witchers experience when they fight, skipping and dancing around their enemies with contemptuous ease while everything seems to move like it's underwater. I didn't think that you could simulate what group combat might be like as a Witcher outside a turn based combat system, but that use of tech makes me think it might be possible.

Would it be too easy though? Against clumsy humans I mean, against supernatural beings I imagine there's a lot of equalising factors.

@Blothulfur It could be possible, swords act a bit differently to guns (duh), the action wouldn't be as instant as it is with guns. So that would make it more tactical I think (timing swings and keeping an eye on enemy position), curious to see how the sword will work out in Super Hot.

Can't wait for this game, the prototype blew me away.

Yeah dodging blows by inches, letting opponents stagger by, diving and pirouetting through the smallest spaces and then applying your blade with surgical precision. Work really nicely against heavily armoured opponents, targeting the weak spots of groin, armpit, hamstrings, visor and such.

Replays would be a nice function, for after combat.

SUPER.HOT.SUPER.HOT.SUPER.HOT

I can't wait for it, for such a simple concept it is totally new and original in the FPS market. :)

I agree, innovations in FPS market are rarely seen these days, and this game is totally new and original. By the way, stretch goals are great, too.

SUPER. HOT. SUPER. HOT. SUPER. HOT. :)

Last edited:
Hehe. But it looks interesting. Except do they plan to keep that kind of polygony style graphics?
They have said that they will improve the graphics, but I suppose that they will keep this style (or something similar). It won't be photorealistic, that's for sure.

Heard about it a while ago, got to play the demo yesterday.
Such a simple concept, but it's definitely not easy in it's gameplay. I'm really stoked for more levels and gameplay additions.

(Note: I wrote an entire post for a new thread before remembering I should check the forum first. As it turns out, there was already a thread. I'll just post my post here because uh well I refuse to waste my effort in writing this. Whoops!)

But anyways:

SUPERHOT

View attachment 10814

This is an incredibly unique FPS being developed by a small Polish team. In this game:

- Time moves only when you do. Once you stop moving, time slows to a crawl. This allows you to watch bullets move through the air in slow-motion and make a decision on which direction you should next move in.

- You have next to zero health; one hit by an enemy bullet and you will be dead. This is true for enemies as well.

- Your gun has limited bullets and you cannot reload. Once the gun is empty, you must pick up an enemy's.

As a result of those factors, twitch-shooting(?) skills are rendered irrelevant and the entire game feels a hell lot more tactical than most other shooters.

The game was conceptualized and a prototype was created during a 7-Day FPS competition in 2013. After positive reviews, the developers decided to make it a full game. The original prototype can be played at the link below (you will need to install the Unity engine, as the game runs on it).

http://superhotgame.com/play-prototype

Also, there was a Kickstarter for the game but it's long over. It managed to raise double its goal. Since the Kickstarter page has the best video that gives an overall view of the game, I'll link to the page anyway.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/375798653/superhot

I think SUPERHOT has huge potential to stand out among its FPS brethren as a game that finally has a fresh take on shooter mechanics. Aside from the standard handgun, the developers also worked to include shotguns, machine guns, grenades and a katana that slices bullets in half. The game is going to have a story-driven single player campaign, unique stylistic visuals, different modes, different enemy types, different locales for levels (a motorway during rush hour, an elevator, etc), Oculus Rift support, and more. Whether all these are delivered on and work out is another matter, but so far it has all looked very promising.

The team is aiming for a release date of June 2015.

Here's to a hopefully awesome game!

:cheers:

The Official Page: http://superhotgame.com/.

Attachments

• SuperHot.png
    SuperHot.png
    272.2 KB · Views: 69
Top Bottom