Technical State of the Game - Opinion

+
Im really bothered that those things should be in here than on other forums or reddit, The game really need a 'polish'. PS4 users are really scammed. For me Ill play the game on a year or so until they fix many things. This game was offered as a RPG game now its like an Action Adventure. Many things cut:
  • Cut Spider bot gameplay
  • Cut Techie skill tree
  • Wall Running
  • Cut Apartment and car customization
  • Cut subway (now just fast travel with loading screen)
  • Cut wardrobe, now it all happens in inventory
  • No haircuts or visible customizable body augmentations
And Unpolished game. I noticed that V just keeps dialogue like it’s something we were told before or that we’ve seen, and we haven’t, and feel like rush-cut. The Act 1 (Prologue) 6 months on 1 minute is bad. Introduce proper the characters - I never met Jackies mom

Last edited:
i'd just like to be able to run it for more than 5 minutes with out a fatal crash. literally have not gotten to play yet but i can't refund a game that literally will not work and theres actually zero outreach on CDPR's part about constant crashes

Im really bothered that those things should be in here than on other forums or reddit, The game really need a 'polish'. PS4 users are really scammed. For me Ill play the game on a year or so until they fix many things. This game was offered as a RPG game now its like an Action Adventure. Many things cut:
  • Cut Spider bot gameplay
  • Cut Techie skill tree
  • Wall Running
  • Cut Apartment and car customization
  • Cut subway (now just fast travel with loading screen)
  • Cut wardrobe, now it all happens in inventory
  • No haircuts or visible customizable body augmentations
And Unpolished game. I noticed that V just keeps dialogue like it’s something we were told before or that we’ve seen, and we haven’t, and feel like rush-cut. The Act 1 (Prologue) 6 months on 1 minute is bad. Introduce proper the characters - I never met Jackies mom

The Spiderbot was cut because it had the same skills as you the player already has access too in your hacking skill tree.

The techie skill tree is still there, its been merged into the intelligence and technical skills skill trees.

Wall running was cut because it didnt really add anything to the game and would have been very situational regardless.

Apartment and car customisation is likely going to come later, either patched in or as part of a DLC (free or otherwise). Remember, in The Witcher 3 some things werent ready on release but were patched in for free later down the line or provided as free DLC. The same here goes for the haircuts and cyber augs being visible.

The subway was cut because again it added nothing of substance to the game. Same goes for the wardrobe (although I would like the wardrobe changed to be a storage space specifically for clothing).

Also, funnily enough, a lot of the stuff above was cut because CDPR was trying to get the game to run on older hardware and consoles. Had the game cut out PS4 and XBONE support and just gone for current gen consoles and PC, most of the things above likely wouldnt have to have been cut.

I think these things have been discussed here a lot,here and there. I think the majority opinion, including mine is that no the game doesn't need these things and they weren't "cut"

I mean, at a basic level they don't really have anything to do with whether or not its an "rpg" you can obviously now argue that now but none of the mechanics you bullet point have anything to do with that

I think it's holding onto misgivings about things before the game was released. You gotta take the game as it is now, and use its current mechanics to make your point about whether or not its an rpg.

And to give my opinion on spider bot I have no idea how that would have worked into the gameplay for how the game is now.

Also, funnily enough, a lot of the stuff above was cut because CDPR was trying to get the game to run on older hardware and consoles. Had the game cut out PS4 and XBONE support and just gone for current gen consoles and PC, most of the things above likely wouldnt have to have been cut.
So they should have cut out PS4 and XB1 support, and they didn't because most of the money is made on last gen.

Spiderbot, techie skill tree, wall running, customizations, the subway... They didn't cut those features "because of older hardware". Using a "spiderbot", having another skill tree or changing the color of your car really aren't groundbreaking new-gen features. Seeing my flaccid penis option #2 though my pants added nothing of substance to the game either.

Top Bottom