Temple of Problems

+

DRK3

Forum veteran
This thread is referring to NR's card, Temple of Melitele, which has two forms.
The criticism is aimed at the 1st form, which is what is used for almost always.

This card was released 8 months ago and remains unchanged, despite many valid criticisms of how strong it is.
It is 12 provisions, and plays for 0 tempo. But the upsides are insane, which is why it is in pretty much all NR decks since release - usually it gives a 14pt Anseis for a huge pointswing, plus 3 legendaries you get to pick. And here lies the problem i want to address...

Last night i saw videos of some pro players playing in an unofficial tournament. And this tournament was not the first, i had seen Temple being used in previous tournaments. These tournaments are 'open deck', meaning each player has access to the list the opponent is using. Well, Temple 1st form not only provides insane value, it cheats this system, as your opponent doesnt know what you got (and its usually very good, its suspicious how good it generally is :oops:, are NR legendaries so much better than others?)

Can you guess what happened? It was a sort of mirror, both NR players with Temple legendaries, and one won because he RNG'ed into a perfect combo, his last 3 cards, the first baiting removal early, then finishing with Seltkirk into Gerhart boost for nearly 30 pts! And that player ended up winning the series, he would have lost right there without that amazing RNG combo.

Some might suspect i am angry with the card for losing to it, but its actually more like the opposite - i recently built a cycle deck, quite bad, but included temple and managed to RNG into victory way more times than i had anticipated, even without the thinning NR metadecks currently have.

TL;DR - Temple must change, alongside Mutagenerator, but that deserves a whole other topic and i dont bring any new argument to the table.

To me NR is a sole reason to quite Gwent.
For many months i've played at top-100 or top-200 or top-500 when i'm lazy with 2550-2600 FMMR and quite good winrates (60-70 or higher usually). I guess i can call myself quite experienced gwent player. To be honest, occasionally i play actual meta, but more often than not i prefer some homebrew or tier 2-3 decks.
I've seen many atrocities, many dull and boring metas and decks. I've hated (and still hate with all my soul) Viy, Renfri NG, cultists, Melitele and any sabbath-AQ nonsenses.
Yet nothing else matters when it comes to current NR. Solitaire, binary, incredible "unfair", random, dull, boring. I feel myself hollow, literally dead inside when i see Temple, mutadegenerator or priestess.
It's becoming almost impossible to play and get any joy at all with all this "uninteractive deck boosting then slamming huge points" shenanigans all around. Even reavers more satisfiyng to play against - at least IT IS interactive.
Yet even priestess and ugliness of untouchable 50 pts Erland bleaks compared to Temple. This card is literally nightmare. One of the worst i've ever seen in CCG's and worst in current Gwent. Insane value, "cheating" provision system, and, worst of all, creating thus giving deck a huge decree of random in overall perfomance.
I've somehow managed to still play from time to time, hoping one day this abomination will be nerfed and forgotten. But for 8 months temple manages to dodge ANY nerf at all. I truly don't understand HOW.

At least i hope in Gwentfinity mutadegenerator ant Temple will be nerfed via provision system.

Kudos for your post.

And sorry for bad english. I'm ooga booga russian. )

At the very least, the boost by hand size part of the order should have been removed COMPLETELY 7 months ago. And mutagenerator is an even more ridiculous design: a non-removable 5 point per turn carryover engine which can ALSO be a tempo engine for 6p? How? Why? Because Oh It'S nOt ReSiLiEnT?? And it's also never been nerfed? Since being released at the same time and the same provision as the Prism Pendant, lmao. Like, guys, come on!

Top Bottom