"The developers playing the demo unlocked in the Handguns II skill to increase revolver damage"

+
This and - 48 min demo

Could some dev elaborate on this, please?
We thought you guys wanted to maximize the immersion, so what's the rationale behind this?
Please, don't say it's because of RPG, give us the real answer. :sad:

I would say that's what happens when accuracy is player based instead of character based.

Last edited:
I would say that's what happens when accuracy is player based instead of character based.

I would actually suggest CDPR that they go with character based accuracy, because things like PC performance come to affect player accuracy. Things like... graphical settings, how good the game looks. There is a reason why all pros always put graphical settings to low when they play esports shooters. Getting a good player-skill based shooter runs contrary to the RPG player experience that CDPR is trying to achieve with cyberpunk. It is in my opinion better idea to just shortcut the shooting elements into skill/attribute based and make it simplistic. Just focus on the RPG part.

I understand why some people are complaining about this issue. But increasing accuracy or sorta instead of DMG by adding skillpoint like Deus Ex or VTMB is not fun for me. And I'm sure major proportion of people will hate it like me.

I think immersion in video game don't work like that. I mean, would a video game be immersive if is made as realistically as possible? No. If is there something irritating excessively, it break immersion regardless it's for realistic system or not.

The main issue is not realism per se, but realism in the context of the genre the game is supposed to be labeled in. Arma is about as realistic as a videogame for entertainment purposes can get, that level of realism here would be horrible indeed.

There is something to ponder there with the issue of accuracy vs damage increments via skillprogression. Which would feel more satisfying:
- Emptying a clip on an enemy with pinpoint accuracy and little to no effect until the enemy dies.
or
- Having to take careful aim, and whilst missing possibly even a lot (initially, it lessens over time via skill progression), taking note that every time you hit, it really punches through a satisfying effect?

I would wager that that the latter, if done right, would actually take the cake because the results (hits and their effects) are less frequent, but MUCH more rewarding when they happen.

Older games like Deus Ex or VtMB aren't really very comparable here, because they sport tech of their time and there's more to the combat flow than just the reticle (and... VtMB is essentially a fantasy game, instead of scifi, and plays with damage increments as well as accuracy).

And... Immersion is very subjective. I'm more immersed in the original Wasteland and Fallout than any of the current day games, for example. And I also think a certain amount of clumsiness is "immersive" in RPG's precisely because the "initial" clumsiness is part of the gameplay flow and how the character should operate.

Last edited:
the "initial" clumsiness is part of the gameplay flow and the character should operate.

Not forced, through, as character can be build as already experienced characters, like in C2020.
For exemple you can build Lucky Luke from the beginning by putting all your points in handgun skill and reflexes, just that your character will be bad at everything else.

Not forced, through, as character can be build as already experienced characters, like in C2020.
For exemple you can build Lucky Luke from the beginning by putting all your points in handgun skill and reflexes, just that your character will be bad at everything else.

Yes, my Lucky Luke example.

Guest 4211861

I don't understand how gripping a weapon better helps increase how hard that weapon hits an enemy, considering the weapon and the ammo have not changed.

But to be honest, such questions give me nausea.

I don't understand how gripping a weapon better helps increase how hard that weapon hits an enemy

The pressure you put on the grip creates warmth which, as air possesses certain amounts of water, forms steam and pressure within the gun that then gets channeled to the chamber. And once you pull the trigger the gathered pressure is also released and that pairs with the force of the gunpowder, thus sending the bullet to the air at a higher velocity. The round is also preheated by the pressure, so, as metal enlarges in heat when atoms start to move in a wider motion, the bullet grows in size... and not just the round, the whole gun grows in size. Thus having both, more penetrative power as well as creating that bigger hole in the enemy for bigger damage.

Tadaa. It's all about physics people, am I rite?

:D

The pressure you put on the grip creates warmth which, as air possesses certain amounts of water, forms steam and pressure within the gun that then gets channeled to the chamber. And once you pull the trigger the gathered pressure is also released and that pairs with the force of the gunpowder, thus sending the bullet to the air at a higher velocity. The round is also preheated by the pressure, so, as metal enlarges in heat when atoms start to move in a wider motion, the bullet grows in size... and not just the round, the whole gun grows in size. Thus having both, more penetrative power as well as creating that bigger hole in the enemy for bigger damage.

Tadaa. It's all about physics people, am I rite?

:D

Lols.

I don't understand how gripping a weapon better helps increase how hard that weapon hits an enemy, considering the weapon and the ammo have not changed.

But to be honest, such questions give me nausea.

It's where game meets realism.

Having things like simple increase to damage has been a staple of gaming for...as long as we've been doing games. Nothing really wrong with it. Tried and true. Nothing terribly exciting, I would agree. But it doesn't exactly harm the game to give players a universal way to cause more damage.

Besides, it's hardly the be-all and end-all of gameplay (combat or otherwise).

Aren't % damage increases in most action RPGs? They were in the Witcher, in Fallout, in Skyrim, in Mass Effect, in Dragon Age. I agree that I would prefer them not to be there. But the mechanic is not unique to looter shooters at all. Also, it was said in an interview earlier today that accuracy IS effected mechanically effected by player stats, specifically the cool stat. That makes total sense. If you're "cool under fire," your accuracy will be better, right?

Also, it was said in an interview earlier today that accuracy IS effected mechanically effected by player stats, specifically the cool stat. That makes total sense. If you're "cool under fire," your accuracy will be better, right?

Well, without remaking the whole debate at all, it depends on what you are considering as "accuracy": hitting the point at the middle of the screen (Mass Effect 1 accuracy) of hitting enemies (Deus Ex type of accuracy).

Also, it was said in an interview earlier today that accuracy IS effected mechanically effected by player stats, specifically the cool stat. That makes total sense. If you're "cool under fire," your accuracy will be better, right?

But not skills?

Also... To what end is it affected. Fallout 4 and Far Cry 3 (for example) had accuracy, recoil and such stats, but they really did nothing worth mentioning in practice.

Ok.

Besides that... Was there any schedule whent he tumblr questions get answered?
Yes, I believe it's today. Not sure what time, if that's what you were asking about. Hopefully soon.

This is... Interesting. I'm happy to hear that, at least. I hope there is more to it. It seems like a fairly obvious compromise that I've been pushing for for years now.

Top Bottom