Tips for players after patch 1.6:

+
Do we have a "tips for new players after patch 1.6" yet?

Because as a new player after patch 1.61 I have some advice for others:

1. Legendary armor pieces with empty mod slots are worse than a "less good" armor with already sewn in mods since you can no longer buy clothing mods and they're very rare finds. In short, don't craft or put on a legendary clothing item unless you already have found mods for it or they have an effect you like. Since armor means so little in this game go for effect first, armor value second, empty mod slots never. Otherwise just stick with whatever ugly stuff you find with the highest armor value since Transmog is a thing.

2. Transmog (armor appearance is a separate setting from Inventory) is unlocked after the first mission in the game so you never have to worry if your butch bearded man is wearing a gold dress and a Muslim women's headdress. See above, pick the things with the highest armor, period.

3. With weapons: Either aim to get your Technically ability to 18 eventually so you can craft legendary versions of unique weapons or go with the same approach as above. At least that's my lesson.

Please add to this list everyone! :)

Last edited:
Tip about armor :)
If I remember, 100 armor value discrease the damage received by 1%. So the difference between a piece of clothe which offer 50 armor and another one with 75 armor (so 25) is not really, really significant (you'll receive 0.25% less damage...)

Tip about armor :)
If I remember, 100 armor value discrease the damage received by 1%. So the difference between a piece of clothe which offer 50 armor and another one with 75 armor (so 25) is not really, really significant (you'll receive 0.25% less damage...)
Good point, and yet another point to the "never waste resources by crafting or upgrading legendary armor"

My suggestion would be to be mindful of time stamps when looking for tips and hints online. The locations of "hidden gems" have changed with every patch.

Do not expect to find that Legendary Monowire mod in the same spot that some streamer found it a year ago.

Last edited:
Top Bottom