Two things that would greatly improve the AI in combat

+
Hello,

Fist of all, I love this game (a little bit too much, can't stop playing even after 80 hours)

One big issue in combat is that the AI is a little bit underwhelming. At max difficulty, the enemies deal good damage and can kill you fast, which i like. However, they are a little bit dumb.

The first thing that would grealty improve the AI would be to make it more aggressive. i think that this is an issue that many games have. The AI is just too passive. Considering how fast you can heal in this game, it makes it too easy to take cover and heal. The AI should push you, several enemies at a time, preventing you from safe healing.
If need be, you can make the AI cheat and alway know exactly where you are during combat. It would be more challenging at high difficulty. You could eventually add a slider for the enemy AI in addition to the difficulty slider (for people who like to suffer against strong enemies :) )

The second thing that would be needed, is to fix the pathfinding. The enemies get stuck looking at walls, sometime they face a wall during combat and I'm right next to them and they don't react. They got lost or something.

Better pathfinding and an aggressive AI would make the game so much more fun and challenging.

There are also other AI issues such as :
- It has a hard time dealing with being meleed if the AI holds a gun
- The AI scared civilians are acting a little bit dumb.
- The AI drivers won't try to pass a stopped vehicle even if they have enough space.
- The AI drivers should sometime try to run you over when you aim a weapon at them to steal their car.

Top Bottom