Useless cops

+
I've seen posts about people complaining about the police and I totally understand that. The game needed a little more polish before being released, but here we are. I've personally been enjoying it and my GPU is woefully outdated. (low settings. Looks good, but not great) .

BUT...there are things that bug me...and I mean bug me in the way that "How did they miss this?".

Just now I was doing an "Assault in Progress" side mission. I saved just before I did it. The location was close enough to the street that I wanted to position myself so no stray rounds would hit a civilian. The bad guys were group together somewhat so I figured this was gonna be easy and opened fire. Suddenly I get the notification that I've committed a crime and the cops were on the way. I didn't know what I did wrong. Everyone I shot had the little yellow "I'm a bad guy that doesn't see you yet" arrow over their heads.

I reloaded...guess what? One of the "bad guys" was a cop. He didn't react or move while (presumably this assault was going on before I got there) OR when I began mowing down gangoons RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM. After I had finished I even walked right up to him. No dialogue option, no reaction. He's a prop.

I don't know how the game spawns these things, but assuming it's hard coded, WHY WAS HE THERE? If he had some dialogue (and a reaction) like "I was taking a payoff" that would make some sense, but this cop may as well have been a tree or a trash can. It's "little" things like this that can ruin immersion. CDPR, you have a lot to fix, but don't forget things like this.

I've seen posts about people complaining about the police and I totally understand that. The game needed a little more polish before being released, but here we are. I've personally been enjoying it and my GPU is woefully outdated. (low settings. Looks good, but not great) .

BUT...there are things that bug me...and I mean bug me in the way that "How did they miss this?".

Just now I was doing an "Assault in Progress" side mission. I saved just before I did it. The location was close enough to the street that I wanted to position myself so no stray rounds would hit a civilian. The bad guys were group together somewhat so I figured this was gonna be easy and opened fire. Suddenly I get the notification that I've committed a crime and the cops were on the way. I didn't know what I did wrong. Everyone I shot had the little yellow "I'm a bad guy that doesn't see you yet" arrow over their heads.

I reloaded...guess what? One of the "bad guys" was a cop. He didn't react or move while (presumably this assault was going on before I got there) OR when I began mowing down gangoons RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM. After I had finished I even walked right up to him. No dialogue option, no reaction. He's a prop.

I don't know how the game spawns these things, but assuming it's hard coded, WHY WAS HE THERE? If he had some dialogue (and a reaction) like "I was taking a payoff" that would make some sense, but this cop may as well have been a tree or a trash can. It's "little" things like this that can ruin immersion. CDPR, you have a lot to fix, but don't forget things like this.
yellow doesn't mean bad guy, it means someone who will fight you if provoked, you say the cop is a bad guy, cops and Bad guys both have a yellow tag until they go hostile, maybe you assumed they were all bad guys, an honest mistake which i too have made, but it's not really cdpr's fault cos you didn't pay attention ( this isn't meant to sound snarky btw), but the AI is a bit janky especially between player-cop-bad guy interactions, but lore wise(cp2020) the cops don't care if you have good intentions or if you were going full on "Batman" and fighting crime, they will gun down anyone who they perceive to be a threat.

I see your point but IT is their fault that the cop DID NOT MOVE while I shot people three feet away from him. Nor did he react AFTER I basically murdered six or seven guys and looted their gear. He SHOULD not have been there at all. You're right, too about the lore.

I'm not "angry", but I feel disappointed. The cop was no more than an artifact in the scenery. Hey, I refrained from seeing the same Big Fat Guy all over the city but I gotta draw the line at this.

yea, he should have reacted to the sound of gunfire.....I'll give you that, or assited you in taking out the trash, they just stand there and you're terrified you may tag him and get your arse kicked by 7 cops that magically spawn within 5 m behind you, that's just so broken, happened to me twice.

Last edited:
I think the issues/bugs with cops may be related to the cut content with the whole wanted mechanic that was removed, it either wasn't cleanly removed or just roughly patched up and we're experiencing the repercussions of it.

Top Bottom