Cops need to be fixed!!!

+
Since last update it seems cops exist for only one reason in Night City: To go after V. They are very slow to react to activities by gangoons, if they even do so. But let V pull out a gun, even without firing it and the cops immediately turn against him/her. This is even if V comes to their aid when they are having a shootout with bad guys. They immediately turn against him.
Supposedly, criminals with a bounty are fair game, you have a right to eliminate them, but no, do anything against a gangoon and the cops are after you. Let alone if you are doing an NCPD mission, you are just doing what they arguably want you to do. Another problem, car combat, if you fire at all, same thing happens.
I know shaking the police off or even eliminating them is relatively easy, that's not the point. The point is that the game no longer feels normal. Cop reactions to V are wrong. I don't know why they did this, maybe to make the game more "fun", well it isn't. If you want to play the cyberpsycho and kill absolutely everything, fine, but at least the framework should work normally for those players who want to play a more sensible game. V is supposed to be a merc, a bit shady vigilante in NC who might do some dubious things, but who in general isn't inside the circle of what NCPD considers criminals. He/she actually works a lot with the cops, does a lot of stuff they can't. Cops in general should have an attitude between tolerant/friendly to V. When he helps them in a shootout or by taking down bad guys, they should thank him not turn against him.
CDPR FIX THIS

Are you playing on PC? if so there are plenty of good mods for thar, also that gangoons go for cops too

The cop system has always been broken and is by far one of the weakest elements to the game.

Due to how little effort went into the system, CDPR may as well have just removed it all together.

Or better yet, V could have been some sort of undercover cop from the get go, thus no cops go after her/him.

I came here to rant about just this. I just started playing again, first time since the big patch. I like a lot of the changes, but the police are ridiculous. For instance, I just did that little ncpd dispatch with the two perps living under the steps. The minute I attacked one of them, I got a wanted star and four cops closing in. I did just hunker down and hide and they went away, but shouldn't have had to. Then I emerged and got on my bike, and when I started riding two cars with Maelstrom bangers drove up and started attacking me. So what happens, I start driving and shooting at them and get another wanted star. The cops totally ignored Maelstrom and went for me instead. Garbage gameplay.
The way I think it should work is when the cops see any crime committed (like shots fired) the game should look at all the npcs in their area of interest, and they should go after whoever has the highest number of wanted stars (most gang members have about 3 stars, so until V does enough to get three stars as well, they should go after those bangers). I'm trying to play as if the cops are corrupt and that some are in the gang's back pockets, but the problem is I can't kill them or more will just show up. If there was ever a system that needed player input on difficulty level, it's the cops.
BTW, another way to play it would be V could get a license as a merc or go to the police station and bribe the cops for a reprieve. Something where unless he harms a civilian, the cops leave him alone. Which is kind of how it should be, anyway.
And PS-there are too many cops walking around, especially at night. Not just for difficulty, but when I'm running around at 3 am on mostly deserted streets, it's ridiculous seeing a cop patrolling every other block. Really ruins the vibe.

Last edited:
Yes, the police system was shunted in to prepare for Phantom Liberty and never given a second thought. Given that Cyberpunk's team has been reduced to a skeleton crew and CDPR have stated that they are happy with the state of the game, I would not expect this or any of the other half baked additions to have their glaring issues fixed.

I'll say even more than that: the cops in this damn city don't even pick up their wounded comrades from the scene of a crime.
And they drive their cars over them.

All the cops in the screenshots are still alive at this point, but no one cares....

Even Max Tac - all the same :(

Attachments

• police.png
    police.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 30
  • police2.png
    police2.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 25
  • 1111.png
    1111.png
    5.2 MB · Views: 32
  • 2222.png
    2222.png
    5.3 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I would definitely love to see trauma team land by such sites to pull out the unconscious officers and Maxtac team after (or maybe even during combat). It would help with the immersion.

The only time I've seen Trauma Team land and leave, was out in the desert film stage. This needs to be a thing in night city too. Crossing fingers CDPR devs can make time to make that happen in the future, with their current limited resources.
I gotta say, thank goodness for the skilled modders out there for really helping make this game feel even more polished and lively. Cheers. :cool:

River Ward also pays no attention as I shoot up Max Tac units right in front of his eyes. Even before he has been fired from the Night City Police Department. Maybe that's wrong?

Yeah....the police could be dialed back at least 50%. It's crazy that just walking near them will trigger an attack. Recently I had a cop walk into car I had just parked, and fall down....boom! Into combat... But most of the time they ignore gangoons while getting triggered by a single shot from V...or turn and attack V after clearly joining them to assist in a gunfight.. It could all be a lot better.

Yeah....the police could be dialed back at least 50%. It's crazy that just walking near them will trigger an attack. Recently I had a cop walk into car I had just parked, and fall down....boom! Into combat... But most of the time they ignore gangoons while getting triggered by a single shot from V...or turn and attack V after clearly joining them to assist in a gunfight.. It could all be a lot better.

100% agreed. Hopefully some update can be made to the cop system to make it a little more rewarding and less trigger happy, in the near future.

Hopefully some update can be made to the cop system to make it a little more rewarding and less trigger happy, in the near future.
Sadly, in the near future (and "far" too^^), only "bug-fixes" update(s) will likely be released. So I'm afraid, about cops and well... almost everything, we will have to live with the game as it is ;)

Top Bottom