Version 1.62 - Game crashes when Ray Tracing enabled

+
Hello everyone,

I'm taking the liberty of creating a topic because I'm currently having a problem with Cyberpunk version 1.62.
Up until now I've been able to play version 1.5 without any problems a few months ago. Having reinstalled the game today in version 1.62, I tried to load an old save. However, on poking around I discovered that: having Ray Tracing enabled in the settings causes my game to crash when I leave the menu. From then on, I can't restart the game, which crashes when I see the 'Cyberpunk 2077' logo. To get round this, I have to delete the UserSettings.json file. But the problem returns when I decide to put Ray Tracing back on.
This problem is present with or without DLSS, and with or without FSR. The problem really seems to be with Ray Tracing, because I don't have any problems when I deactivate it. The rest may be in Ultra graphics. I've never had this problem before with patch 1.5, so I don't think it's due to my PC configuration.

Please see attached text document of the crash. I've already tried checking the local files but that didn't change anything. I'm going to try downgrading to version 1.61 tomorrow to see if the problem is still there.

Thank you very much for your help.

Attachments

• Cyberpunk2077.exe-20230615-031359-11064-10800.txt
    5.9 KB · Views: 88
Hi,
Just to few questions :)
Did you use mods before ?
You tried to start a new playthrough ?
Did you try to clean install your drivers in case ?
NVIDIA
I. Download the latest drivers using the following link: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
II. Download Display Driver Uninstaller and run it to remove previous versions of drivers.
III. Clean install drivers that you've downloaded in step 1.
AMD
I. Uninstall your graphics drivers using the AMD Cleanup Utility software.
II. Download and clean install the latest drivers from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support

Hi LeKill3rFou,

I updated my drivers and it seems it fixed the issue. I suppose mine were outdated since CP77 added the new RayTracing features. Even if I can't use them with my 3070, I guess they changed a few things which resulted in a crash for me. Thanks for your help!

Hi LeKill3rFou,

I updated my drivers and it seems it fixed the issue. I suppose mine were outdated since CP77 added the new RayTracing features. Even if I can't use them with my 3070, I guess they changed a few things which resulted in a crash for me. Thanks for your help!
Nice, easy fix! You're welcome ;)

My experience is that NVidia's 'Game Ready" drivers frequently are not. I recommend a freeware utility called NVCleanstall that makes it easy to do a clean install of drivers, GeForce Experience [if you want it] or to cleanly install older driver versions if that's what you need.

Top Bottom