Performance drop after reloading save (or entering menus)

+
Hi!

Just started playing Phantom Liberty and have huge problems with ray tracing. The strange thing is that when I load up there's no issue at all but after reloading my save or sometimes just opening a menu or similar the performance will be sloppy and pretty much unplayable. Easiest way to reproduce is simply reloading a save. So I can boot up the game, load my latest save and have great performance but after just reloading one or two times the performance will degrade and become really sloppy.

Anyone experienced this problem and know how to solve it?

Ryzen 5900x
3080 10gb
64gb ram
Samsung 980 Pro

Using patch 2.1.2 and DLSS + Ray tracing enabled.

Hi!

Just started playing Phantom Liberty and have huge problems with ray tracing. The strange thing is that when I load up there's no issue at all but after reloading my save or sometimes just opening a menu or similar the performance will be sloppy and pretty much unplayable. Easiest way to reproduce is simply reloading a save. So I can boot up the game, load my latest save and have great performance but after just reloading one or two times the performance will degrade and become really sloppy.

Anyone experienced this problem and know how to solve it?

Ryzen 5900x
3080 10gb
64gb ram
Samsung 980 Pro

Using patch 2.1.2 and DLSS + Ray tracing enabled.

I had the exact same problem with 2.12 with similar-ish hardware. Every reload, either voluntary or because of dying, caused massive drops in performance. I eventually noticed that my GPU (3080Ti) just stopped being used whenever I reloaded.

Assuming you're running a vanilla game, try verifying the integrity of your game files. That fixed it right up for me.

Thanks for the answer. Had no luck verifying the files but finally found that my VRAM was being filled. The fix is to simply set texture quality to medium! Everything else can be maxed now and the sloppyness is gone. 3080 only have 10gb and now for the first time I seem to hit the limit. Thankfully medium quality looks like high and RT etc. with DLSS quality looks amazing.

Top Bottom