Visual rain glitch

+
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum and i have about 300 hours in to the Cyberpunk 2077 world, and i really love it.
However, there's this strange visual glitch with the vanilla rain effect, and i can't find anything related to it on the internet.
I attach a picture of the bug, encircled in red ; i'm on 1.6 version, with some mods (no weather mod since i use r3 2019 by Agsilv on nexus, i'm on fullscreen with vsync on, 1080p). Can't find what causes those weird horizontal lines with the rain in the middle on the screen, and it quites bother me because i really like the visual of the vanilla rain.
Does anyone have any idea where it could comes from ?
Thanks !
PS :i don't know if this is the right place to post this comment...
PPS : excuse me from my english, i'm french... Cheers from France !
Cyberpunk 2077 (C) 2020 by CD Projekt RED 29_09_2022 14_20_37.jpg

If you mean the stripe effect in the rain, where there are blank stripes, I can confirm this is present on Xbox Series X also, and looks like ass.

Sadly this will likely not be addressed as the ambient track CDPR uploaded from Dogtown shows the same rain effect is still in use. Kind of striking they're sticking with this when it's been a point of criticism for the visuals since launch while devs and modders have done significantly better on thinner budgets for about 10 years now. Looks terrible.

Ohhh... so it's a glitch. My vanilla unmodded version has done this already for a long time (since 1.3 or so). I was thinking my GPU is on it's way out, now i'm calm.

Since we're talking rain, i always find jarring how 2D it looks. When you look and move around it feels stuck to your screen. Doesn't feel like you're walking within it. Scale of raindrops, paralax. some falling behind objects, matching wake patterns don't exist. Did it even change to "warp drive effect" when you looked up into sky or remained flat?

The technique behind the rain in this game is actually quite cool - several mesh boxes spawn around the player characters and within that box rain particles are spawned. There's one box around the characters and then several that spawn at X distance - one of the issue with the rain is obivous; It looks flat, doesn't react to light at all, so it appears with this very soft glow as if it's stamped into the scene which makes it look cheap. That one is a material issue fixed by using Sosuine's rain mod for PC. For console you're at the mercy of CDPR.

Another issue is that the spawn and decay times mean that some boxes at X distance will abruptly disappear, spawn on top of one another, spawn seemingly randomly - making the rain entirely odd; this presents never before seen behaviors that make an seemingly advanced rain system look amateurish in it's final presentation.

I'm not sure necessarily what is happening in OP's post, I would guess all the boxes are converging on the viewplane. Regardless it's a vanilla issue; more so a byproduct of something that (like many things) was not allowed to be brought to full fruition because development was rushed rather than a bug.

Best hope at this point is they perform a material swap/change so that rain looks more like rain and some of these issues listed here evaporate unless you actively look for them.

Slightly side-topic, the thing that disturbs me about rain the most is how DLSS makes it a blurry mess during fast driving (at least).

sorry for reviving almost a year long post. i came upon this problem as well. at first, i thought it had to do with one of my mods, but then i re-installed my game to try it modless only to continue seeing it

sorry for reviving almost a year long post. i came upon this problem as well. at first, i thought it had to do with one of my mods, but then i re-installed my game to try it modless only to continue seeing it
By "re-installing" the game, you mean a clean install like that :
(If you simply "uninstalled/reinstalled" the game "normally", you should try to be sure)
Also, mod datas could remains in save files, so maybe take a look on a new playthrough started after a clean install.

Top Bottom