V's appearance in creator doesn't match in-game visuals

+
I don't know if it's just me, but I am now on my second playthrough, and after being very satisfied with V's final appearance in the creator, I then see myself in a mirror in-game and feel like I look nothing alike what I did in the creator. Looks more like a stunt double, the chin was widened, the look is more dead, the mouth isn't the same neat smirk, the general proportions of face and hair are just.. "off" somehow.

Is it just me who is experiencing this? I wrote it off on my first playthrough as I was so preoccupied with the story, and the fact that there are no reflections in NC outside of interactive mirrors means it wasn't brought up much, but now on my second playthrough it became apparent, and honestly really start to bother me. It's like I'm looking at a 10 year older and slightly hungover version of the character I created, and to me it breaks the immersion whenever I have the chance to look at my own character.

Working daily with 3d modelling, I am quite sure I would know if it was simply due to camera angles and the focal length causing the difference in appearance perception. It feels more like a technical difference in the 3d model itself, rather than the realtime rendering of it.

Let me know if anyone else are experiencing this too. (My personal experience is with female V specifically).

And yea I put this under "Gameplay" since it's the immersion-break that is my focus. But I guess it could also potentially adhere to "Technical" - if some moderator wishes to move my post there.

"V'S APPEARANCE IN CREATOR DOESN'T MATCH IN-GAME VISUALS"

Thought so too in the beginning, yeah. But it has been greatly improved over the patches to a degree, that I no longer notice the difference. My opinion is based on the fact that I always see V on my screen due to the TPP mod, though. There also comes with the fact that I'm very satisfied with how the game is now.

So please take it with a grain of salt.

Are you noticing a difference in photomode too? Or is it just in the mirror?

If it's just the mirror then that's normal. Faces often look jarringly different when flipped. E.g. it took me forever to get used to seeing my own face in photos because growing up I was so accustomed to seeing it in the mirror (i.e. flipped).

I thought the same thing when I first started. I was annoyed but eventually stopped noticing when I forgot how I made em look to begin with. I hope there is a NG+ feature implimented. Just that would help fix so many little problems I have with the game function wise and I would be able to see how I made V when the game first dropped.

Top Bottom