Walk, jog, sprint option

+
I would really love to see a toggle walk option in the next patch or update/hotfix.
After the release of 1.21 I found myself jogging around my apartment and was completely pulled out of the immersion. Or one could just RP tgat V is on Mister whitey sweet clean clean speed. Although CET was updated the next day I could not go back to playing the game while jogging everywhere. After using the advanced movement mod and walking everywhere, it doesn't seem right to play without it anymore. IMO the jogging and Sprint is also too fast slowing both of these down a fraction would also provide a sense of weight to our characters making our movement seem more believable than it is currently. Some times when jogging is feels like V is as light as a feather and just glides over the ground "Not like the bug where you do actually glide over the ground"
The devs could kill two birds with one stone here add a toggle walk and reduce the speed at which we jog and Sprint to create the illusion of weight.

I do not realize being on XBSX (therefore controller), but it is sure that not being able to walk quietly (as is done by following a npc) it must be really annoying :(
For the speed, maybe you have too much points in Cool skill :)
Little idea, a slider option for ajusting the running speed from 0 to 100% (100% being normal speed including bonus). That could be nice on console too.

Nope, I have all of 3 points in cool. Maybe 3 too many lol. The speed at which we move is too fast I get sprinting fast but this should be exhausted quicker when we full sprint. Jogging should just be a bit slower. I saw another thread referring to the weight problem, I think this would work just as well without having to redo the system. There has to be a tool or an ini the devs use to set initial movement speed. Just reduce it until it feels natural for PC.

Last edited:
Just 3 in cool... With 20, it's really really much faster :D
Then the weight no, very bad idea (for me at least). Not want to have to maneuver a truck that is supposedly closer to reality :(

V is not "natural", with all the chrome he/she can wearing :)
I would see more of a solution for those who would like to adjust their running speed.

I don't think the current system is terrible, but I have seen better systems elsewhere.

It's actually very similar to, if not exactly the same (excluding buttons) as Saints Row 3/ 4 and GTA V/ Online, where the movement speed/ type is fully dependent on your left analog stick usage; once you get used to moderating your speed with it (like you would a car and throttle control), it's fine. Sprinting (as is the case in SR and GTA) is a separate function and I think the speed is okay, but my V has 18 cool and 9 body, so she's effectively a ninja and my perspective is probably warped by this xD

I have seen better because the GTAO walking speed is easier to moderate (walking is default in 3PP, but still very easy in FPP too) and get your character sauntering, strolling or walking at a seemingly natural speed. (You also get subtle camera movement and different sounds depending on the footwear your character has too, which is nice; pumps and heels make a distinctly different sound from casual shoes and boots)

I wholehearted agree _Hellfiend_
At least I'm not the only one. Even before any cyberware upgrades you move like a cheetah. "Throw back to hwangbo lol" maybe cyberware leg upgrades could also or should have increased movement stats too. I don't want to run around my apartment like an addict of Mr whitey

Hi,

there are several mods on "Nexus Mods" which implement a walk options. The best one I use implements a true keyboard option.

But I totally agree. It is the first game I ever played where there is no key to walk. Especially in narrow rooms or if you want to approach a person, it is pretty annoying to constantly running around and that you cannot make small and slow moves. It must look very awkward from the outside.

I hope they fix this or we have to stick to mods... like for many things regarding this game.

Top Bottom