Weapon Mods

+
I am actually unsure if this goes in Gameplay or Technical but here goes:
Still very early in the game, so not ruling out that I'm just missing an ability for it, but I can't seem to install mods in any weapons. I found a few and bought a scope in addition, all my weapon's modslots don't even let me in the mod's sub-inventory.

I have 3 theories as to why that is:

1.) a skill is required that is either unlocked by continuing the story or levelling up
2.) this is a bug
3.) mods are not universal but only fit certain weapon types or even individual weapons.

If 3 is the case, I cannot find an indicator anywhere in the mod's description to tell me what weapons it is compatible with. If that's true, I think something like that would be sorely needed.

Can anyone confirm if I'm on the right track with one of the above?

Thanks and regards!

I also have this problem, and I know it's not that certain mod only go on certain weapons, because I was able to add mods previously to guns and now I can't. When I click on The mod option the game pauses for a second and then nothing shows up.

I have multiple guns that have 2+ mod slots but for some reason the game only lets me attach 1. I have tried clicking on the different slots and adding from there but all it does is swap out my 1st mod for the one I am currently trying to attach.

You can select the empty slots and then the next mod you place will to into that slot. It would be nice if they reversed this, let you select the mod then the slot

I'm having the same issue as OP, I think it's not the same as the glitch with the LMG.
When I click a weapon's mod slot, nothing happens, it keeps showing the weapons tab, shouldn't I see a list of weapon mods when i click that?
The attachment slot works fine.
I've got an SPT32 Grad sniper rifle with 2 empty mod slots and an M-179E Achilles with 1 empty, no luck with either.
Like OP, not sure if I'm missing something or if it's a bug.

I would guess bugged but 1st time I've heard of them not showing at all, the defender lets you choose a mod it just doesn't install into the slot, not surprised though mods and slots are pretty broken right now :shrug:

Top Bottom