Weird glowing hair with RT on.

+

Braag

Forum veteran
Last time I played CP2077 like a year ago I remember NPC eyes glowing in a really weird way in the car during certain lighting with RT on. Dunno if that issue is still persistent, but now having recently started to play the game again, I noticed a similar issue, but with hair and it only happens with RT on.

I took a few comparison pics with RT on and off, so you can see how the hair lits up like a christmas tree when RT is set to psycho.

RT turned off:
inGame_16042023_234629HIGH_RES_EMM_None.jpg

RT Psycho
inGame_16042023_234842HIGH_RES_EMM_None.jpg

RT Overdrive
inGame_16042023_234654HIGH_RES_EMM_None.jpg

So this issue isn't persistent with path tracing. These are on my 3090 and I've not altered the image with any reshades or modded the RT in any way. Anyone else have this glowing hair thing?

Regarding the Glowing Eyes Within Cars With RTX;
I just tested a few things since I do play on Psycho RTX and it looks like they actually did fix the glowing eyes while inside cars with RTX, as both Panam and Takemura have proper eyes in cars. Hooray! :D

Unfortunately the insanely blinding sunglare inside of cars still remains an issue.

As for the hair glow that you've shown, unfortunately I do not have a savefile anywhere near the Sinnerman quest itself to check the issue, but neither Panam's nor Takemura's hair were glowing during their rides at daytime.

Don't forget to report it directly to Support here if your game is not modded;

Last edited:
Can confirm now that this is a new bug.

Just checked with Panam as she enters the Basilisk and her hair turns white, which wasn't happening before. So one thing fixed, another broke :D

I've sent a report and also put a link leading to this thread, so hopefully it gets fixed.

Last edited:

Braag

Forum veteran
Regarding the Glowing Eyes Within Cars With RTX;
I just tested a few things since I do play on Psycho RTX and it looks like they actually did fix the glowing eyes while inside cars with RTX, as both Panam and Takemura have proper eyes in cars. Hooray! :D
That's great as it really ruined some scenes in the game.

Hi,have you fixed it?I have same issues when in the car.
Seems to be an issue on CDPRs end unfortunately, so we gotta wait for them to fix it.

I've sent a report and also put a link leading to this thread, so hopefully it gets fixed.
Thanks mate, let's hope we don't have to wait as long as we did for the glowing eyes fix :LOL:

Guest 4561861

To me it looks like Nvidia is using CP2077 as a test game for new technologies, so if you don't have a 4000 series card you're out of luck. Ray tracing 2 worked great on the 3000 series card, but ray tracing 3 doesn't. That's not CDPRs fault (except for taking Nvidia's money), that's Nvidia. The last 2 updates pretty well show that to be the case.,

Partners in Crime ;)

if i learned smt in here… it’s that PC user are already used to be Beta-Tester for unfinished games or new technologies, no?

Beeing up for testing and bug reports seem common on this end…

Noticed this when I went to talk to Dex in his car. Gonna hold of playing till this hopefully gets fixed as well as DLSS causing all sorts of glitches while in calls

Created an account quick just to say that this appears to be an issue in Hitman also, example below and one non rt to compare.

I would say it’s just a problem when a game does a lighting auto adjust to mimic exposure or something but then I’ve also noticed in V’s apartment, items on the table that would have subtle shadows and colour bounce from the sun are missing, not sure what nvidia have done here.

EDIT: Weirdly you’ll notice that 47’s camo pattern just disappears, looks almost textureless

Attachments

• IMG_0552.jpeg
    IMG_0552.jpeg
    844.5 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0553.jpeg
    IMG_0553.jpeg
    499.4 KB · Views: 118
Top Bottom