Weird triangular shadow bug on 2.0.1

+
I remember seeing something similar in the past patches but I either learned to disregard this issue or CDPR fixed it. Turns out now though it's back with a vengeance for me and the amount of instances I have already encountered it within my new save is astounding. Practically every street corner I turn onto has this broken weird lighting bug at some point. It completely takes me out of the game.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so do you know any possible fixes? I've tried reinstalling GPU drivers and the game itself and neither worked. I even started a new save to no avail.

Last edited:
Yup, been experiencing plenty of these since 2.0.

It's not your PC, drivers or anything, CDPR did something to shadows or some similar visual aspect because they've been popping absolutely everywhere since 2.0 that it's hard not to notice them. Under the bridges around Judy's apartment, the truck stops around Kabuki market, the 3rd floor of the market opposite of where Anna Hammil is hiding, multiple North-Watson industrial area locations as well.

Pre-2.0. I've only seen it once and that was without RTX in front of the GIG where we have to save Doctor Lucy from Maelstromers in Watson, just a block away from Kabuki market. But now it's all over the place even with RTX.

Yup, been experiencing plenty of these since 2.0.

It's not your PC, drivers or anything, CDPR did something to shadows or some similar visual aspect because they've been popping absolutely everywhere since 2.0 that it's hard not to notice them. Under the bridges around Judy's apartment, the truck stops around Kabuki market, the 3rd floor of the market opposite of where Anna Hammil is hiding, multiple North-Watson industrial area locations as well.

Pre-2.0. I've only seen it once and that was without RTX in front of the GIG where we have to save Doctor Lucy from Maelstromers in Watson, just a block away from Kabuki market. But now it's all over the place even with RTX.
Good to know it's not just me experiencing this horrific bug. I do remember the exact spot you're talking about where it used to happen. I knew it was always an issue but now it's frequency way too much to ignore. I hope CDPR catches this one as soon as possible, I have no idea how they didn't catch it beforehand, it's practically everywhere in the game now. Even the elevator up to V's apartment has broken shadows now.

I would recommend reporting it to them directly please if you haven't already;

Will do it myself eventually as well, currently swarmed in reporting severe gameplay bugs so trying to categorize everything as I go. Really a messy update unfortunately.

I would recommend reporting it to them directly please if you haven't already;

Will do it myself eventually as well, currently swarmed in reporting severe gameplay bugs so trying to categorize everything as I go. Really a messy update unfortunately.
Will do. Good to hear you're taking it upon yourself to report a lot of these issues. I'll be sure to report my findings as well. Here's hoping a hotfix or patch of some sort comes out relatively soon, it would suck to see the game left in this state for a long period of time after such a big DLC launch.

Top Bottom