What language is the game being created in?

+

Guest 4310777

It occured to me that, perhaps most of the dev team is "building the game in Polish." Perhaps some are working on the game with Polish voice acting, some with English voice acting (they might not even have a good grasp of English)?

Now, the artists, programmers etc could all be deaf and still do their job, but.. that would prevent them from being able to evaluate the synergy between the (voice) acting and other components of the game in full context.

So, how many of the devs are actually able to give meaningful feedback on the English version of the game?

Also, what language are the writters working in? The script would be carefully translated between languages to maintain congruence, but shit gets lost in translation.. can the writters even give feedback on the English version?

Despite me having some gripes with the dialog in the demo, they've shown in the past they're extremely good at localizing into English and properly directing voice actors.

Croatoinuit and a little bit of Portuguese-Danish. But they have excellent translators on staff!

Seriously, you're worried over nothing. They do English localization extremely well.

English as a second language is pretty common in the cities. I'm not saying everyone who works there speaks it, I have no idea, but I imagine there aren't too many times where communication is blocked.

The game is set in the US. They speak (mainly) English there.
The game is made by multinational team. So they communicate using English.
The most sales will come from outside of Poland, mainly english speaking countries.
1+2+3 = the game is made in English as a default, with other languages as a localization option.

The game is set in the US. They speak (mainly) English there.
The game is made by multinational team. So they communicate using English.
The most sales will come from outside of Poland, mainly english speaking countries.
1+2+3 = the game is made in English as a default, with other languages as a localization option.
I believe this is correct, or at least, it's the most likely answer.

The quality of the English VA work and subtitling (the latter is actually superior to RDR2) is too high for me to believe it wasn't developed around the language, or made a priority. However, I also wouldn't be surprised if the game is being made in Polish first purely due to country loyalty.

Top Bottom