Why Are Movement Keys Now Selecting Dialogue

+
Not sure if this is a bug or an actual feature, but it's absolutely terrible. Please fix it or if it's a feature then remove it or at least add an option to turn it off because this thing is awful.

There are so many conversations happening while moving or driving in Night City, so surely the player is not supposed to be fighting for control over dialogue against the game now in order to select proper dialogue choices... and even less to drive like a maniac. There are also plenty of follow quests in the game, so are we supposed to stop every few seconds to select dialogue now?

Nobody wants extra functions dumped onto the movement keys, they exist solely to MOVE and nothing else. It's the whole reason why so many asked for an option to disable dodge tapping on movement keys. This is the exact same repetition of that fiasco now.

Please fix this if it's a bug or add an option to disable this monstrosity.

Last edited:
While driving and having a conversation, if the player presses W or S the dialogue option will change up or down. The other option for selecting dialogue options (and the most commonly used, I believe) is the scroll wheel, and should be kept that way while driving. Its a little annoying selecting which dialogue I want to say while dealing with NCPD trying to flatline me. Thanks!

Yup, I dislike this awful addition too and even made a thread about it as well. Until CDPR removes this gonk feature or adds an option to disable it, luckily you can easily disable it by doing the following;
  • Go to ...\Cyberpunk 2077\r6\config... folder
  • Open inputUserMappings XML file via Notepad
  • CTRL + F and search for <mapping name="UI_MoveUp" type="Button" >
  • Delete the following lines for both UI_MoveUP and UI_MoveDown records;
    • <button id="IK_W" />
    • <button id="IK_S" />
  • Save the file and that's it.
If manually doing it is too much, I've made the INI tweak available on The Nexus Mods so it's a simple drag & drop.

Yup, I dislike this awful addition too and even made a thread about it as well. Until CDPR removes this gonk feature or adds an option to disable it, luckily you can easily disable it by doing the following;
  • Go to ...\Cyberpunk 2077\r6\config... folder
  • Open inputUserMappings XML file via Notepad
  • CTRL + F and search for <mapping name="UI_MoveUp" type="Button" >
  • Delete the following lines for both UI_MoveUP and UI_MoveDown records;
    • <button id="IK_W" />
    • <button id="IK_S" />
  • Save the file and that's it.
If manually doing it is too much, I've made the INI tweak available on The Nexus Mods so it's a simple drag & drop.
I modified the key binding for Q and E (QWERTY) / A and E (AZERTY) so I can chose dialogue. i deleted key binding like W from this category so there is no conflict and it is working, thanks!

Top Bottom