why does polygon hate cdpr(cyberpunk2077) and want it to fail?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm not gonna link the articles and give them free clicks, but google cyberpunk 2077 right now and it's the two featured articles on the top stories section by polygon. you can read the article titles by hovering your cursor over the link without needing to click it. if you click show more there will be other articles, and none of them are negative. kotatku has one that appears neutral but i didn't click it, i just read the synopsis and it didn't seem too bad.

regarding the polygon articles, one is dredging up the old topic of the crunch, and the other article is about transphobia

clearly this was strategically released as close to the game release as possible to generate bad press and i don't know how they manipulated search results to be top story, but both of them are top stories right now. both are very old topics that have been buried by tons of hype, but now they're bringing them back in these hit pieces.

not that there's anything they can do at this point to really damage the game anyway, but i'm just curious why are they trying so hard to hate on cyberpunk 2077 and cdpr? i remember witcher 3 had similar controversies involving their playboy ads, and generally featuring good looking woman in revealing clothing, but cyberpunk is especially hard to comprehend because the logic is even harder to grasp. at least with the sexy ads, i can comprehend the logic of them not liking the idea of objectifying wymyn(even though they do it themselves all the time), but they're positing that cdpr is transphobic for featuring in-world advertising that features transexuals? but isn't that the point? the story corporations are meant to be exploitative. what that ad does is highlight the idea that transexuality and homosexuality are more socially acceptable in the future. why is this a bad thing?

not trying to foment any hate, just want some opinions on why polygon seems so assmad about cdpr. it's almost as if there's something going on behind the scenes we're not aware of. did a cdpr staff steal one of their girlfriends or something?

Simple. They have an agenda. CDPR has been the target of a certain segment of journos and other folks who seem to think the company should address their pet political issues in the 'proper' manner. Meanwhile, everyone else just wants a great game with a good story.

Guest 4406876

Polygon is the refuge for stupidity. I hope it will be eradicated soon (stupidity) but I have doubts it's gonna happen soon. First of all people should reconnect at a social level ( I mean physically not web based) and increase their culture, second they should forget about politics and don't fall in its net , dividing people to better exercise its power on them. Then maybe we'll get rid of shit.

It was clear from the start that this topic would go downhill super fast -- and with only three replies it did just that. Smells like a bait, too.

Politics that are purely real-world ones, not welcome. Rudeness, not welcome. As per the forum rules. The starting post could also be seen as hate-mongering.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom