Someone made a petition to change the music style in this game...

+
I have a question? How can one petition to have music changed even if a game isn't released yet nor is there any idea of what the soundtrack might look like? Please explain.

RLKing1969;n10598452 said:
I have a question? How can one petition to have music changed even if a game isn't released yet nor is there any idea of what the soundtrack might look like? Please explain.

Scientists are still trying to crack this mystery, but some things in the universe will remain unexplained.

RLKing1969;n10598452 said:

Fair question.

The slacktivist iPetition appeared to be the most easily accessible, sharable, more official and higher impact (but least time-consuming) method to become an engine to influence an event that would take place years down the line (judging the scope of the project and estimating development timeline against increasing popularity of particular musical trend associated with subject matter).

It was an action designed less be a "petition" for change than a vehicle to draw attention and make the connexion between two particular concepts that might work well together, of which some at the time might not have been aware.

At the time, both the retro-synthwave as cyberpunk scene was fairly small and the game was largely undeveloped.

Therefore, it was necessary to use comparitive example using the restricted material available.
If there were no examples for people to [dis]agree with, then there would have been no effect, or provocation for discussion and notice.
IIRC, it was made to appear more about the mood and less about specific change. Despite it being interpreted that way due to the necessary use of comparitive.

Consider it a gambit, several moves (or years) in advance, that presented the highest probability of garnering just enough interest in order to fulfil the objective of someone playing influencer playing architect.

It is easier to shape clay without a solid form than it is to sculpt from rock, but the end result is the much the same.
It takes only a moment to guide a sapling, but many years and much effort to train a mature tree.

How is it possible to make a noticeable footprint in the sand, if it's a beach covered in tourists? It's merely a case of getting to the beach before anyone else has set foot on it.

To directly address the question... that's the simple part. You sign up for an account at some place where people can collect together to lend weight and momentum via their personal opinion (eg, a slacktivist poll site), write some words, provide agitation through conflict, then post the link in a place someone will see it and let others carry it forward.

Tbh, I'd forgotten about it until the industry press mentioned it again.
I spent more time in the Witcher playing poker dice, only leaving the tavern to go questing and follow the story to get more money to lose playing poker dice. CD-PR isn't something I'd usually follow.

Really, it was nothing more than a thought in the shower and something to do instead of reading the cereal box while eating breakfast.

If it transpires that some form of synthwave or Kent's music is used in the game than I'd be happy for him or whoever and that there's an option to listen to some dark-synthwave in a cyberpunk game.
If not, it makes no difference - there's a volume slider and a youtube playlist on an overlay.

It's not important - it was a play. A mental exercise that might've benefited a close community into diversity and get people talking about a game of interest.

What is important - is what might a contemporary soundtrack look like. Because Graphical Sound hasn't been used since the early Soviet era.

https://youtu.be/Iwlj0TP7RD4

gg. glhf.

[Sard Edit: Know why Witcher 3 is as good as it is? Many, many MANY reasons.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Sardukhar;n10693391 said:
Come on. Play nice. Be polite and friendly.

You know, with your edit of the 2nd half of his post, he started to sound even better - Truly a game can only be this good 10/10 GOAT WEŹ MOJE PIENIĄDZE because there's no known flaws because their mentioning were politely edited out. Sard, you sneaky cheeki-breeki.

Last edited:
Top Bottom