Artefact Compression (Coral) Thoughts

+
Coral is fine. Just "Summoning circle" needs to be fixed. A Jade Status is not a player set unit. It is a transformed unit.

Gemueseknolle;n9894801 said:
Coral is fine. Just "Summoning circle" needs to be fixed. A Jade Status is not a player set unit. It is a transformed unit.

Exactly :) As long as some sort of counter exists for it xD

ser2440;n9893221 said:
Considering that nekker decks usually pack a whole swarm of them, the tempo you lose can range from minimal to game changing. Sure it turns an 11 power into 2. It also stops the player from summoning any of his other 2 - 6 nekkers which are sitting in his deck, with STR 10 or more. Not even with Slyzards, and the summoning circle will at best spawn a base copy.

Not being able to kill golds is not really important aside from Eggebracht, which is the only gold that Scorch can get rid of without AC being able to. Golds have lost their immunity, and there are not many strong golds in the game, they mostly rely on their abilities to deliver. And the 2 power body is negligent to say the least

That's why as I said Nekker is the only important unit with a deathwish. It also should be hit ASAP with Compression, long before it gets to 11 power.

There's another gold unit that Scorch is excellent against - Unseen Elder. Scorch also deals with stuff like T1 Ciri (drawing out Roach) into pass; Compression does not.

Finally, and this is important, Scorch has much higher upside. Say an Eredin player gets two Riders into play and triggers an Iris. That sets the Riders to 14 strength each. Scorch is now worth 28 points. That's well above what you can get from Compression. If I can only run one spell, I'd generally run Scorch, every time.

Shuls02;n9893521 said:
Its funny how when someone complains about Coral they forget that Eithne can do the same thing, before she used to basically cast Hailstorm and Eithne could do it too and now she can cast AC and Eithne can do it as well and both are 5 strenght golds :look:

I am not complaining about Coral, but she is a Gold and Eithné is a leader, don't think the comparison is very fair...

Noela;n9899281 said:
I am not complaining about Coral, but she is a Gold and Eithné is a leader, don't think the comparison is very fair...

Leaders ARE gold cards tho and from what I know they arent meant to be 10x stronger than other golds and Eithne is way more versatile than Coral so the comparison is fair.

Top Bottom