Reduce RNG in Northern Realms - Starting with Field Medic

+
Reduce RNG in Northern Realms - Starting with Field Medic

I feel that NR is a faction that far to often relies on RNG, with cards like Field Medic/ Stennis & Dijkstra all pulling cards randomly from your deck, which means using them in any kind of strategic manner is really difficult.

It's weird for NR to be the faction that uses RNG the most as there are a load of weak units knocking about the deck that really don't want to be pulled by any of those units above before you actually want to use them.

This is my suggestion for what the new Field Medic should be like:

Field Medic
Strength: 4
Row: Agile

Deploy: Choose a different bronze Ally and shuffle it back into your deck, then play a bronze Soldier, Machine or Support unit from your deck. Shuffle the others back.

Way too strong but good suggestion for a silver card (or even gold?). If you can choose which card to draw from your deck you are close to a Reinforcement with body and this card is already silver. You could shuffle back a useless or low strength unit and get your 3rd or 4th Reaver Hunter for example.
But as I said, I like the idea for a silver or gold unit. Maybe the "Chief Field Medic" or something like that.

Last edited:
Okay here is a slightly toned down version:

Field Medic
Strength: 3
Row: Agile

Deploy: Choose a different bronze Ally and shuffle it back into your deck, then draw the top 3 bronze units from your deck, play one and shuffle the others back.

Cabowse;n9743711 said:
I feel that NR is a faction that far to often relies on RNG, with cards like Field Medic/ Stennis & Dijkstra all pulling cards randomly from your deck, which means using them in any kind of strategic manner is really difficult.

It's weird for NR to be the faction that uses RNG the most as there are a load of weak units knocking about the deck that really don't want to be pulled by any of those units above before you actually want to use them.

[...]

Those muster cards are the reason for the RNG factor of the named cards. You need to respect drawing them if you play Stennis/Dijkstra with a lot of cards left in your deck. It is about setting them up correctly. Thus it restricts you in your sequencing. Imagine a non-random Stennis/Field Medic/Dijkstra, it'll be oppressive from the first card of the match. Who will be able to catch up with that tempo? I remember playing against a pretty good Reaver Hunter deck (some days ago i guess) that relied on Field Medics in the last round shuffling Scouts and pulling Hunters.

General17491;n9743871 said:
Way too strong but good suggestion for a silver card (or even gold?). If you can choose which card to draw from you deck you are close to a Reinforcement with body and this card is already silver. You could shuffle back a useless or low strength unit and get your 3rd or 4th Reaver Hunter for example.
But as I said, I like the idea for a silver or gold unit. Maybe the "Chief Field Medic" or something like that.

A fitting character could be Milo Vanderbeck. He healed at the Battle of Brenna with Shani and Iola the Second, if I remember correctly. I like the general idea of a - mostlikely silver - card like this. Although it would need some kind of restrictions. Probably only summon a bronze soldier after shuffling a bronze ally back into your deck.

Top Bottom