Hello, Night City!

+
Yet you posted two examples of what are either sunsets or sunrises with overcast skies, Mike Pondsmith the guy who created Night City had once stated a normal day in Night City had an orange-ish sky due to pollution, this was for 2020. It's now 2077, 50 years after a part of Night City was partially nuked and rebuilt and cleaned up. I personally like the style the trailer showed for Night City.

I have just posted images of the day (dark) atmosphere that I personally expected from this game. I expect it to be a mature and serious game, in general.

And the trailer gave me a Watch Dogs 2 vibe, which is kind of worrying.

dredd.jpg

julien-gauthier-bangkok2184-02-street-river.jpg

Magdalena_Kusowska_megacity_1.jpg

Last edited:
The trailer is perfect.

I believe there is nothing wrong with the game tone. It's great. Not every future have to had air pollution.

Also, familiar with CDPR game, i believe we already anticipate a very immersive weather system. With days are sunny, bright like this trailer and days that are gloomy and sombre.

You guys need to stop worrying too much. It's CDPR we talking about. I trust them.

Let's all learn from what we got from TW3 trailers. It showed minimal and easy to criticize content. But when it came out.. just admit it, you didn't expect it to be so colorful in theme. And yes that includes the darkest of tones too. Don't forget that Reshades exists if you want your own vision of the game to come to life.

HI! Even though I'm no forum freak I care about Cyberpunk, so I decided to hop in and share my opinion about the trailer.

I watched it yesterday. My colleague was watching E3 and sent me the trailer later. After watching it I was very disappointed with what I saw and I said to my colleague this:

Me - Ok, I watched it and I'm not amazed. You know what it lacks for me? (I did not expected that he will guess the answer, because we are quite different from eachother, so imagine my surprise when he actually did).
Him - The atmosphere?

We later talked more about it and we both fully agreed, that the trailer had ZERO atmosphere. I knew CDPR will fail in many ways and that I will have to deal with many issues in the game (played Witcher 3), but truly I never expected that it will be a complete lack of atmosphere.
As fantesmeee posted, this is one of the ways I imagine day in a cyberpunk world. Instead you turn it into - as some members of this forum already said - GTA and in this case - Vice City.
I seriously didn't knew, that Cyberpunk has a breathable air like that, looks so clean and fresh! Thought it was supposed to be a dark world, filled with garbage and smog. Seems to me like CDPR decided to redefine the genre and failed many peoples expectations.

Hi all! Sooo good to se this!

As a fan and player of the original p&p i just have to state some facts that I didn't see on the first 4 pages of this thread.
Nightcity will be a highly classdivided society, where classes like solos and fixers don't mix with the corporates and the newscrews, unless somethings up (like a rpg or something). The upperclass will live in a far more vibrant and colourful reality than lets say a fixer, thats likely grown up in the lower levels.. The kid with the VR-set will never experience a streetscene as portrayed in the first trailer.. He wont know of the threaths of cyberpsycosis as shown there.

The city will probably have parts that reminds us of bladerunner and fifth element but also parts that looks more like singapore or something. There is originally a madmax like wasteland, but that is waay out of town, and not very likely to draw any visitors, unless you are a nomad or a character in a rpg, see?

good work on the hype, cd:pr!!

Seems to me like CDPR decided to redefine the genre and failed many peoples expectations.

Certainly not mine. I could see the smog clear as day in it's most realistic form. And they barely even showed the night-time on the streets. I bet their saving it because night scenes in Cyberpunk has to be very special. CDPR is going for a painterly pallet like the TW3. Explains the candy colored billboards. Besides, we all know this won't be the only trailer coming out. Have faith.

Last edited:
@walkingdarkly
"Yet you posted two examples of what are either sunsets or sunrises with overcast skies, Mike Pondsmith the guy who created Night City had once stated a normal day in Night City had an orange-ish sky due to pollution, this was for 2020. It's now 2077, 50 years after a part of Night City was partially nuked and rebuilt and cleaned up. I personally like the style the trailer showed for Night City."

Then it seems Mike Pondsmith made a mistake, by cleaning his city from the Cyberpunk atmosphere! Orange is one of the colors I also connect with Cyberpunk. Take a look at GITS2:

40a7342311ddffbe89d898aacaa89b31.jpg

layer_01.jpg

Then it seems Mike Pondsmith made a mistake, by cleaning his city from the Cyberpunk atmosphere! Orange is one of the colors I also connect with Cyberpunk. Take a look at GITS2:

Though I would love some thick radioactive fog occasionally, I believe a diverse weather system would be more appropriate, only storms and killer fogs should appear more often or even more in particular areas.

It REALLY pains me to say it. But I have to. That was the exact opposite of what I wanted.

I wanted this
1528703302971.jpg

I thought I was going to get this
Capture.JPG

We all thought we were going to get that!
maxresdefault.jpg

Instead I got this
81xDT5GaNZL._SX342_.jpg

grand-theft-auto-gta-5-ps4-prima-interactive-26691006542_2048x2048.jpg

Honestly! What on earth happend! This is a total 180 from 5 years ago! This is such a let down I really cant describe. Cause I know its impossible for this to change so dramatically. My hype for this project is utterly dead.

EDIT: Also, I really REALLY hope that wasn't the protag doing the narration. This is really sad. Because its CDPR and they are so beloved(and rightly so) so many people are going to turn this into Diablo 3 all over again and defend anything no matter what

Last edited:
Same thing as with TW3 back in the day. Trailer releases, people are super hyped, they start picking the trailer apart, theories start flying around, panic sets in over the most minute details and because the things showed in the trailer weren't exactly as expected by some and the end of the day the game's probably going to be fucking amazing.

Got me to unlurk after a lenghty absence... good trailer.

From what I've seen so far, it seems that opinions on the trailer fall along tribal lines between the "Black trenchcoat" and "Pink mohawk" camps. I've seen a similar divide between the Cyberpunk 2020 and the Cyberpunk v3 fans. What I have not seen is any compelling argument why there cannot be a post-cyberpunk world that is, at least in some ways, lighter than the neo-gothic grimy angst that some feel is "The One True Cyberpunk!" while still retaining many of the elements normally associated with the genre; transhumanism, corporocracy, and sticking it to the man.

We should allow for the possibility that the world of Cyberpunk 2077 will be as diverse as our own. With so little information available at this point, can we honestly be certain that the short trailer is truly representative of the entirety of the game? I don't feel we can. But the trailer is far too short to show the entirety of the gap between the haves and have-nots; a gap that is wider than it is in the real world of 2018.

As others have pointed out, the same was said of TW3 yet things worked out. So lets wait until we at least have more than a trailer and a few conspiracy theories before we break out the torches and pitchforks.

I love cd projekt red, you have my full support and trust what you gave us for witcher 3 was unbelievable as a gaming company, never change and people will support

It's pretty amazing how people have this strict idea of what a cyberpunk world looks like. It has to be dark, there has to be muted colors, there can't be a hint of happiness, etc. This weird criticism reminds me a lot of some of the criticism I heard towards the day segments in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
"Bright day isn't cyberpunk, there's no grit in that! This kind of architecture isn't cyberpunk!"
It's just so weird to limit a cyberpunk world's aesthetics so unrealistically. Why wouldn't there be sunshine? Why wouldn't there be a variety of colors? Why think that suddenly because they're showing off safer corporate areas with relative amounts of peace that there won't be any moments at all like in the original teaser?
It's super silly and just plain unreasonable. If anything my biggest relief while watching the trailer was that it wasn't the same fucking aesthetic plastered everywhere. Excessive amounts of anything will eventually just become a detriment. A good example I can think of are the dark, rainy nights in Sleeping Dogs. They look great and ooze the kind of atmosphere that it seems most people got excited for. But would I actually enjoy the game more if it was all dark, rainy nights? Fuck no. A setting with good atmosphere has plenty of variety in it. Lighthearted moments to go along with the darker ones. Bright skies to contrast the dark nights. And I saw pretty much all of that in the trailer so I have no idea what the fuck people are complaining about.

It's pretty amazing how people have this strict idea of what a cyberpunk world looks like..

Many people want dirty, darker atmosphere (instead of palms and sunshine beaches) not only because it fits the universe, but also because if they want palms and sunshine beaches, they can always play GTA V etc.

CDPR just want to say i loved the trailer, I fucking love it ! Even my wife who hates sci-fi wants to play this game and believe me we will both play the absolute shit out of what i know will be an amazing game. Also the people who keep complaining on this forum about the trailer would complain no matter what.

I’m getting Deja Vu. All the complaints about too much colour was also applied to TW3 before that was released.
Yeah, and TW3 actually turned out to be more colorful than its predecessors, just look at TW1 color palette.

Instead I got this
81xDT5GaNZL._SX342_.jpg

grand-theft-auto-gta-5-ps4-prima-interactive-26691006542_2048x2048.jpg

Honestly! What on earth happend! This is a total 180 from 5 years ago! This is such a let down I really cant describe. Cause I know its impossible for this to change so dramatically. My hype for this project is utterly dead.

EDIT: Also, I really REALLY hope that wasn't the protag doing the narration.

YEP. That was my thought as well. It seems they scrapped not only the development progress they did in these years but also their previous ideas/vision of Cyberpunk, to attract a more mainstream audience i guess.
Screenshot_2.jpg

No wonder why i saw a lot of people mistaking it with Watch Dogs 3.... Ewh.

Top Bottom