Night City Wire - Media, News & Previews - links and discussion

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
- regarding the question whether there will be places which we will be able to reach only by using the cyberware which allows us to perform double or charged jump, he responded that he believes there will be always some other path leading to every place on the levels, but we can use those type of augmentations to find a shortcut through it or to position ourselves properly for, for example, an aerial takedown, however it's possible we might come across such places in the open world

- Impressively long sentence.
- Miles said he doesn't believe there are areas that would be blocked from those who don't have specific cybernetics, but also that he doesn't know every nook and cranny of Night City. It is possible that some other dev would've created such.

Miles said he doesn't believe there are areas that would be blocked from those who don't have specific cybernetics, but also that he doesn't know every nook and cranny of Night City. It is possible that some other dev would've created such.
Yeah, that's what I meant in the last part about such a possibility existing.

Advertising focusing on "criminal" "firefight" "cars".
Trailers being action focused.
Ressources being spend heavily in the "action".
RPG and lore "but" being removed to appeal more to casual players: flawless cyberware (at least for the player), one man army V, etc...
>"Advertising focusing on "criminal" "firefight" "cars"."
I don't know if you've ever read the Cyberpunk 2020 rulebooks, but uh, "Saturday Night Firefight" (the section all about fights) was one of the longest in the rulebook. Committing crimes was of course a big factor in any non-cop campaign and cars made up a massive part of the game, too. There were entire sourcebooks dedicated to cars.

>"Trailers being action focused."
Wow, they use appealing clips of fast paced action for short adverts, big whoop. What do you expect them to use instead? A one minute clip of a player browsing the skill tree?

>"Ressources being spend heavily in the "action"."
And we know that they've spent too much resources in the "action" area how? We haven't played the game. Hell, some journalists said the driving and melee wasn't great when they played, so maybe they didn't spend ENOUGH resources in the action at that point.

>"RPG and lore "but" being removed to appeal more to casual players: flawless cyberware (at least for the player), one man army V, etc..."
In Cyberpunk 2020, going cyberpsycho literally meant you handed control of your character over to the Game Master. It was like death, no more playing them for you. Your inability to get cyber psychosis in the game detracts nothing. If you want, go slaughter a ton of innocent people - we already know the NCPD treats you as a cyber psycho if you do and sends MaxTac.

Honestly, dude, it all just sounds like nitpicking from you to find a way to justify your complaints that the game is not exactly how you want it. At least wait until the game is out and you've played it before trying to lecture people and review it, deciding that the devs did or didn't spend enough time on this or that feature or area. Christ.

Last edited:
Honestly, dude, it all just sounds like nitpicking from you to find a way to justify the game for not being exactly how you want it. At least wait until the game is out and you've played it before trying to lecture people and review it, deciding that the devs did or didn't spend enough time on this or that feature or area. Christ.

If the impression coming from how the game is presented is thus, should it not be said?

It’s very easy to condemn views that are ”annoyingly opposite to yours”, if you yourself are getting exactly what you wanted for.

If the impression coming from how the game is presented is thus, should it not be said?

It’s very easy to condemn views that are ”annoyingly opposite to yours”, if you yourself are getting exactly what you wanted for.
Half the complaints refer to things we can't possibly know. We haven't played the game, so how can anyone make the reasonable assertion that too much time has been spent developing one area over another? We cannot. It's asinine to try when all we've seen is limited advertising gameplay and written first impression articles on the first 4 hours of the game. I am open to all views, and if this game isn't for someone that's absolutely fine, but I cannot at all begin to understand how people can be so confident the devs have done too much/too little in any area without playing the game at all.

Because they don't really have a basis for any of what they are saying.

And the parts they are basing on something (trailers) doesn't really make sense. They have put a lot into advertising the rpg part of the game to fans, and now realising trailers for a wider audience.

Besides, the action part is actually an important part of the game. The whole "open free world". Is also another major thing.

>"Advertising focusing on "criminal" "firefight" "cars"."
I don't know if you've ever read the Cyberpunk 2020 rulebooks, but uh, "Saturday Night Firefight" (the section all about fights) was one of the longest in the rulebook. Committing crimes was of course a big factor in any non-cop campaign and cars made up a massive part of the game, too. There were entire sourcebooks dedicated to cars.
One of the longest "in the summary" of the sourcebook. It's only literally seven pages in the rulebook (it's like about 9 time less that netrunning so by your logic advertising should be about netrunning). And it's supposed to be so deadly that you try to avoid it when unnecessary (Am I deluted if I think I remember an interview with someone saying that the game can be shooted through from A to Z, even through V will be alone most of the time? Very C2020 indeed, and not at all an appeal to casualise things...).

There was sourcebook for litterally anything in C2020, that's hardly making anything important. Cars, in the base rulebook, were the quarter of a page long. On a 250 pages long book. That's about the same size as exotics like cat ears an tails...
I precise once again that I have nothing against having cars in the game, after all one of the playable role in C2077 is Nomad, just that in C2020 that's not as an important focus.

And about crimes, I much as I can relate to the tabletop RPG, crimes were just a mean to accomplish things, not the GTA V hype of "Whoa, let's do crime! Fun!".

By the way even "working", the part about skills, was almost twice the size, yet which non-combat skills survived to C2077?

>"Trailers being action focused."
Wow, they use appealing clips of fast paced action for short adverts, big whoop. What do you expect them to use instead? A one minute clip of a player browsing the skill tree?
So action by your logic "fast paced action" is appealing as a rule for everyone. Well, it surely applies to casual player, but trust it not not, Bethesda "S.P.EC.I.A.L." trailers for an antagonist example were found quite interesting for players who were interested in other things than "action". So maybe you're not forced to focus on action unless action focused players are your targets?

>"Ressources being spend heavily in the "action"."
And we know that they've spent too much resources in the "action" area how? We haven't played the game. Hell, some journalists said the driving and melee wasn't great when they played, so maybe they didn't spend ENOUGH resources in the action at that point.
From that

>"RPG and lore "but" being removed to appeal more to casual players: flawless cyberware (at least for the player), one man army V, etc..."
In Cyberpunk 2020, going cyberpsycho literally meant you handed control of your character over to the Game Master. It was like death, no more playing them for you. Your inability to get cyber psychosis in the game detracts nothing. If you want, go slaughter a ton of innocent people - we already know the NCPD treats you as a cyber psycho if you do and sends MaxTac.

How can you quote the rulebook about "Saturday Night Firefight" then pretend to ignore that cyberpsygnosis is FAR from limiting itself to cyberpsycho?
Even in RED, Cyberpunk last edition, cyberpsygnosis still have the sames effects as in C2020, and that's not just:"Yay! Now you're cyberpshycho!"

And not a single word about V being a One Man Army?:think:

Honestly, dude, it all just sounds like nitpicking from you to find a way to justify your complaints that the game is not exactly how you want it. At least wait until the game is out and you've played it before trying to lecture people and review it, deciding that the devs did or didn't spend enough time on this or that feature or area. Christ.

You're right, unless we play the game we knows nothing about it, we had absolutely zero informations about it.
Maybe there isn't even cars in it...:shrug:
Post automatically merged:

They have put a lot into advertising the rpg part of the game to fans,

:confused:

the game can be shooted through from A to Z, even through V will be alone most of the time? Very C2020 indeed, and not at all an appeal to casualise things...)

It's a single-player video game adaptation of CP2020. Who did you want to fight alongside you? Bots? Npcs like Mass Effect? Not sure how much you'd like that; you already implied you want Jackie to die asap.

I disagree that allowing the player to use their preferred playstyle throughout the game is automatically 'casualisation'. Don't tell me, we have vastly different interpretations of the word 'casualisation', perhaps? I'm guessing that's it ;)

I think maybe, if you're looking to avoid a 'one-man army' (which isn't forced on you anyway), then what you're really looking for is the multi-player CP2077 that might feel more like the pnp in terms of needing a team. Maybe that'll be your preferred version?

Last edited:
It's a single-player video game adaptation of CP2020.

And?
Do that makes it mandatory to be able to shoot your way though alone?

Who did you want to fight alongside you? Bots? Npcs like Mass Effect? Not sure how much you'd like that; you already said you want Jackie to die asap.

Yeah, NPCs, like you works with other people in C2020.
And no, Jackie is the problem by itself, as working with NPCs isn't the same a being forced into friendship with a peculiar NPC that you don't like unless, like it was often the case in our tabletop RPG, the game find an insightful reason of working (and not being friend with) said character, like a life or death situation for both of you.

If it's not possible, then trying to shoot through the game should get you killed until later in the game when your character finally match C2020 most legendary fighters, those who were truly able to shoot their way through (Hi! Adam Smasher!).

I disagree that allowing the player to use their preferred playstyle throughout the game is automatically 'casualisation'.

You're right, but it can become it when you goes directly against the lore and put more ressources into that instead of into more loreful playstyle.

I think perhaps, if you're looking to avoid a 'one-man army' (which isn't forced on you anyway), then what you're really looking for is the multi-player CP2077 that might feel more like the pnp in terms of needing a team. Maybe that'll be your preferred version?

I don't plays games with an arm behind my back, as having to do so is no better that playing "make believe".

And multiplayer version just would add a lot more problems to me that it solves, as combats aren't my main focus (or else like many players I would perhaps be happy to screw the lore).

Do that makes it mandatory to be able to shoot your way though alone?

Er, yes? If you want to be able to properly meet player hopes of various playstyles and playthroughs being fun, viable and feeling different? They've made those things quite a focus when talking about the game for a long time.

Yeah, NPCs, like you works with other people in C2020.

I would have thought you work mainly with other 'humans' around a table, when playing CP2020 pnp. Hence my mentioning of MP. It might be like the pnp you love but over the internet.

You're right, but it can become it when you goes directly against the lore and put more ressources into that instead of into more loreful playstyle.

Glad you agree it doesn't automatically mean casualisation as that was the main point of my post.

As I mentioned first off, some of these decisions are, from what I can tell, based on the vision they have for the game, rather than budget and time constraints. I'm not sure how you'd make a game that allowed full-stealth, full solo, full gunplay etc, but then also make it faithful to the way the pnp is played. That's a problem with CP2077 being pretty much two separate games at that point, rather than a problem of resources and feature sacrifice.

And multiplayer version just would add a lot more problems to me that it solves, as combats aren't my main focus (or else like many players I would perhaps be happy to screw the lore).

I was merely trying to say that if you want to have teamwork being necessary, and want to follow closer to the lore, then maybe the MP will give you more of what you seek. Thought it might be something that would give you hope, seeing as though many of your recent posts seem to indicate disappointment.

Anyway, I won't write much more as I don't want to get (even more) off topic.

One of the longest "in the summary" of the sourcebook. It's only literally seven pages in the rulebook (it's like about 9 time less that netrunning so by your logic advertising should be about netrunning). And it's supposed to be so deadly that you try to avoid it when unnecessary (Am I deluted if I think I remember an interview with someone saying that the game can be shooted through from A to Z, even through V will be alone most of the time? Very C2020 indeed, and not at all an appeal to casualise things...).

There was sourcebook for litterally anything in C2020, that's hardly making anything important. Cars, in the base rulebook, were the quarter of a page long. On a 250 pages long book. That's about the same size as exotics like cat ears an tails...
I precise once again that I have nothing against having cars in the game, after all one of the playable role in C2077 is Nomad, just that in C2020 that's not as an important focus.

And about crimes, I much as I can relate to the tabletop RPG, crimes were just a mean to accomplish things, not the GTA V hype of "Whoa, let's do crime! Fun!".

By the way even "working", the part about skills, was almost twice the size, yet which non-combat skills survived to C2077?

So action by your logic "fast paced action" is appealing as a rule for everyone. Well, it surely applies to casual player, but trust it not not, Bethesda "S.P.EC.I.A.L." trailers for an antagonist example were found quite interesting for players who were interested in other things than "action". So maybe you're not forced to focus on action unless action focused players are your targets?

From that

How can you quote the rulebook about "Saturday Night Firefight" then pretend to ignore that cyberpsygnosis is FAR from limiting itself to cyberpsycho?
Even in RED, Cyberpunk last edition, cyberpsygnosis still have the sames effects as in C2020, and that's not just:"Yay! Now you're cyberpshycho!"

And not a single word about V being a One Man Army?:think:

You're right, unless we play the game we knows nothing about it, we had absolutely zero informations about it.
Maybe there isn't even cars in it...:shrug:

:confused:
You clearly expect WAY too much out of a video game adaption of the lore and story of Cyberpunk 2013/2020/RED than can reasonable be expected. I don't know how you can go and compare the trailers to the "S.P.E.C.I.A.L." trailers of Fallout RPG games. Games which feature combat extensively in the main trailers. It's the simple fact that those trailers are not what sells a game to a new audience. Those trailers sell a game to an audience already interested, and Fallout games already have a substantial fanbase. If you show one of the SPECIAL trailers to someone totally unfamiliar with the fallout games, they won't be very interested. I'm sure the folks at CDPR's marketing department have very carefully chosen what to advertise and know much better than you and I what works for appealing to the biggest audiences. Hate to break it to you, but CDPR is a business, not a charity, and they have to sell their product if they want to succeed.

You complain about the fact that you can shoot your way through the game if you want to, even though you are given the option to complete the game without killing a single person? Really? You have an issue that you have a damn choice? You're also saying V is a "one man army" even though we've been told that characters will accompany us for certain missions, just that they won't be companions like in Fallout games. I also don't know where you get the idea from any of the advertising material that crime is advertised like the GTA V hype of "woah, fun crime" and not the standard that crime is an everyday occurrence in Night City and that it's something we can (and will likely) do.

Again, nothing you've said dissuades me from the belief that you've got some burning internal bias against the game and the fact that it doesn't line up to your specific tastes means its shit to you. Evidently, the game as-advertised is very popular among many, many people, so I'm sorry you view the game that way. It's quite honestly a great shame. I think if you broaden your horizons beyond the narrow scope with which you currently view things, you may lighten up and warm to the concepts the game presents.

You clearly expect WAY too much out of a video game adaption of the lore and story of Cyberpunk 2013/2020/RED than can reasonable be expected. I don't know how you can go and compare the trailers to the "S.P.E.C.I.A.L." trailers of Fallout RPG games. Games which feature combat extensively in the main trailers. It's the simple fact that those trailers are not what sells a game to a new audience. Those trailers sell a game to an audience already interested, and Fallout games already have a substantial fanbase. If you show one of the SPECIAL trailers to someone totally unfamiliar with the fallout games, they won't be very interested. I'm sure the folks at CDPR's marketing department have very carefully chosen what to advertise and know much better than you and I what works for appealing to the biggest audiences. Hate to break it to you, but CDPR is a business, not a charity, and they have to sell their product if they want to succeed.

So we're comes from "No, they aren't targeting GTA V audience." to "selling the game to a new, biggest audience (GTA V one?).", and justifying why they did it...:smart:

You complain about the fact that you can shoot your way through the game if you want to, even though you are given the option to complete the game without killing a single person? Really? You have an issue that you have a damn choice?

I really like how that "not killing anyone" have become popular, even when it implies that's you're just using non lethal bullets.
What I complain is not being loreful. That's it, and the shooting part is only one of those things.
Go see any C2020 GM and tell him that you want to play both as an almost fully borged diplomat whose social abilities doesn't suffer from cyberpsychosis and as a character which take on whole firefights by himself and survive them, then look at his reaction.

You're also saying V is a "one man army" even though we've been told that characters will accompany us for certain missions, just that they won't be companions like in Fallout games.

We've already seen V's lone firefights, without companions, and surviving.
So no, it's not just V taking only little firefights against a few people by himself and the harder firefights with teammates.

You know one of the difference between C2020 and most other tabletop RPG?
C2020 is one of those games where surviving is an hardcore feat, even when you're very cautious.

I also don't know where you get the idea from any of the advertising material that crime is advertised like the GTA V hype of "woah, fun crime" and not the standard that crime is an everyday occurrence in Night City and that it's something we can (and will likely) do.

Keanu Reeves:"In 2077, what makes someone a criminal? Getting caught!" *show V having fun with cars and shooting*

Er, yes? If you want to be able to properly meet player hopes of various playstyles and playthroughs being fun, viable and feeling different? They've made those things quite a focus when talking about the game for a long time.

Problem is you cannot both do that and stay true to the lore, unless you make V a legendary character from start, which is quite the opposite of what we knows about V being a rookie.

I would have thought you work mainly with other 'humans' around a table, when playing CP2020 pnp. Hence my mentioning of MP. It might be like the pnp you love but over the internet.

It's a totally out of the video game discussion, but I'll answer it.
I play tabletop games with either friend or other people I know and who I get along with, that's not what multiplayer is.
Besides, I still have to see a multiplayer with a real, working social system, not just one that is at best just enforced by willing players (unlike combats which are enforced by the game itself). The better I saw was just the one from DoS, and it was still very primitive.

Glad you agree it doesn't automatically mean casualisation as that was the main point of my post.
You're welcome.

As I mentioned first off, some of these decisions are, from what I can tell, based on the vision they have for the game, rather than budget and time constraints. I'm not sure how you'd make a game that allowed full-stealth, full solo, full gunplay etc, but then also make it faithful to the way the pnp is played. That's a problem with CP2077 being pretty much two separate games at that point, rather than a problem of resources and feature sacrifice.

By allowing the same ways you do in pnp.
Stealthy infiltration? You can try to do it yourself.
Wanna shoot everything in the face? Do it with others.
Wanna shoot everything in the face alone? Die trying.:cool:

Last edited:
Problem is you cannot both do that and stay true to the lore, unless you make V a legendary character from start, which is quite the opposite of what we knows about V being a rookie.

Sure you can, as long as V isn't killing people in their droves right from the intro. Legendary characters don't start out that way. They become that as gain experience, as I'm sure you must realise.

I really doubt V is going to start killing legions of people, let alone elites, right from the get go and we still have no idea what combat encounters from, for example, the first 3rd of the game will look like. It might be that early on, particularly on harder difficulties, V has trouble taking on 2-3 people drunk drug dealers. Things could stay that way for many, many hours of gameplay until they have levelled up, gained streetcred, gotten implants, many skills and better gear. You know, like legendary characters would have done before they were legendary :)

Deus Ex (2000) was like that. Taking on one guard could be tough at the start. It was only much later in the game after/if you put points into combat skills (to the detriment of others) that you could clear out entire rooms of people without too much trouble.

So, why not wait and see, eh?

I play tabletop games with either friend or other people I know and who I get along with, that's not what multiplayer is.

Really lost here, no idea what you mean. You don't play multiplayer games with friends or people you know? Eh? Why? Maybe you should try? You might like it :)

My son, daughter, son-in-law and younger brother do pretty much nothing but that. They rarely play single-player. I can always hear them discussing tactics in various games, laughing and shouting excitedly over their mics. You've never played games like that?

By allowing the same ways you do in pnp. Stealthy infiltration? You can try to do it yourself. Wanna shoot everything in the face? Do it with others. Wanna shoot everything in the face alone? Die trying.:cool:

I already answered this. CDPR committed, for variety and multiple playthroughs, to make all 'styles' viable and, as you said yourself, that doesn't mean it has been casualised.

It simply means gunplay doesn't follow PnP the way you would have liked. It might though, if you prioritise character development in areas away from combat. I mean, it's your choice, your role-play. That way I'm sure you'd get squashed if you tried to complete an area guns blazing.

Last edited:
Sure you can, as long as V isn't killing people in their droves right from the intro.

Legendary characters don't start out that way. They become that as gain experience, as I'm sure you must realise. I really doubt V is going to start killing legions of people, let alone elites, right from the get go and we still have no idea what combat encounters from, for example, the first 3rd of the game will look like. It might be that early on, particularly on harder difficulties, V has trouble taking on 2-3 people drunk drug dealers. Things could stay that way for many, many hours of gameplay until they have levelled up, gained streetcred, gotten implants, many skills and better gear. You know, like legendary characters would have done before they were legendary :)

Deus Ex (2000) was like that. Taking on one guard could be tough at the start. It was only much later in the game when you put points into the right skills (to the detriment of others) that you could clear out entire rooms of people without too much trouble.

So, why not wait and see, eh?

The maelstrom gang is supposed to be early game (Jackie is still with you), yet it's not a firefight against 2-3 drug dealers.
It it was end game V, I wouldn't have reacted the same, but it's early.
So unless they totally changed that (which doesn't seems to be the case as the ones who have actually played the first hours of the game apparently still did that mission).

Really lost here, no idea what you mean. You don't play multiplayer games with friends or people you know? Eh? Why? Maybe you should try? You might like it :)

I don't play multiplayers because me and my friend aren't playing the same games at the same hours, and that I don't want to play with strangers (outside of competitive game of course), even worst for an RPG.

My son, daughter, son-in-law and younger brother do pretty much nothing but that. They rarely play single-player. I can always hear them discussing tactics in various games, laughing and shouting excitedly over their mics. You've never played games like that?

Only competitive fighter games when I had the time to really devote myself to it. I've tried other things but just lost most out of boredom, (non-competitive) multiplayer games being repetitive, pointless mess to me.
I need goals (that's also why I dropped Zelda BOTW).

I already answered this. CDPR committed, for variety and multiple playthroughs, to make all 'styles' viable and, as you said yourself, that doesn't mean it has been casualised. It simply means gunplay doesn't follow PnP the way you would have liked.

I also precised "but it can become it when you goes directly against the lore and put more ressources into that instead of into more loreful playstyle. "
We already know gunfight aren't loreful. We just need to find if social will be loreful, but without social skill I really doubt we will avoid auto-win/auto-loses situation socially.

The maelstrom gang is supposed to be early game (Jackie is still with you), yet it's not a firefight against 2-3 drug dealers.
It it was end game V, I wouldn't have reacted the same, but it's early.
So unless they totally changed that (which doesn't seems to be the case as the ones who have actually played the first hours of the game apparently still did that mission).

That was a demo. We have no idea what difficulty that was on. We have no idea if they gave V skills and abilities they wouldn't normally have at that point. How much is Jackie involved?

Journos probably didn't even get to choose difficulty setting, so it was probably normal or less. If you want the game to be as close to PnP lethality, you're gonna have to at least put it on the highest difficulty, imho.

You can't complain that V can gun through the game if you stick it on 'story-mode', for example. Even less so if you then put points and implants into combat skills. You could probably punch your way through that setting with just bare fists ;)

Again, how about we wait and see?

I don't play multiplayers because me and my friend aren't playing the same games at the same hours, and that I don't want to play with strangers

First you said 'that's not what multiplayer is', then you say it's because you can't schedule time to play with your friend? Goalpost moving once more, eh? That doesn't help discussion.

Anyway, none of what you mention is the fault of gaming multiplayer now, is it? You only have one friend who plays video games? But many who play CP PnP? That sucks...but it's certainly not CDPR's fault. Come on now, be fair.

Maybe by playing CP MP you could make friends WHILE you are playing? I hear that's actually a thing. Shocking, I know! ;)

I also precised "goes directly against the lore and put more ressources into that instead of into more loreful playstyle."

And I already said previously - you can't design gunplay against the lore and also for it. It'd be two different games and would break the promise to have viable playstyles. However, you should be able to avoid 'non-lore' combat if you so choose. That's the beauty of multiple, viable mechanics. The beauty of role-play. Glass half-full or glass half-empty? It's your choice.

Last edited:
That was a demo. We have no idea what difficulty that was on. We have no idea if they gave V skills and abilities they wouldn't normally have at that point. How much is Jackie involved?

You can't complain that V can gun through the game if you stick it on 'story-mode', for example. Even less so if you then put points and implants into combat skills. You could probably punch your way through that setting with just bare fists ;)

Again, how about we wait and see?

From what I understood that wasn't a demo, but the beginning of the game.

First you said 'that's not what multiplayer is', then you say it's because you can't schedule time to play with your friend? Goalpost moving once more, eh? That doesn't help discussion.

Anyway, none of what you mention is the fault of gaming multiplayer now, is it? You only have one friend who plays video games? But many who play CP PnP? That sucks...but it's certainly not CDPR's fault. Come on now, be fair.

Maybe by playing CP MP you could make friends WHILE you are playing? I hear that's actually a thing. Shocking, I know! ;)

If you are confused by it, I will just sum'it up:
-I only like competitive multiplayer, when you goes against other players, not play with them.
-I've tried non-competitive games online and found them boring to say the least.
-I cannot play any kind of multiplayer games with my friend due to not playing the same games, and not at the same hours.

And I know that it may seem strange in 2020, but I firmly believe that people online so called "friends" aren't worthy of the name.

And I already said previously - you can't design gunplay against the lore and also for it. It'd be two different games and would break the promise to have viable playstyles. However, you should be able to avoid 'non-lore' combat if you so choose. That's the beauty of multiple, viable mechanics. The beauty of role-play. Glass half-full or glass half-empty? It's your choice.

Avoiding combat isn't the same a having loreful combats.
Imagine, for example (it's probably not the case), that V is so OP as a social butterfly that he auto-win every social interaction (and that you don't like it so for the example): would you avoid every social interaction because you can avoid the problem that way, or would you be salty about it?

From what I understood that wasn't a demo, but the beginning of the game.

I mean it was shown as a demo - as in they took a section of the early game to demonstrate their work. My response is still the same as in my previous reply.

If you are confused by it, I will just sum'it up:
-I cannot play any kind of multiplayer games with my friend due to not playing the same games, and not at the same hours.

My point was, it'd have been helpful (and time saving) if you'd said that first off, instead of saying 'that's not what multi-player is' when I suggested that MP might involve playing with other people as part of a team. Again, your friend not being available is not a fault with multi-player - CP or otherwise.

And I know that it may seem strange in 2020, but I firmly believe that people online so called "friends" aren't worthy of the name.

I'm sure you just haven't found the right ones. They're out there, trust me :)

Avoiding combat isn't the same a having loreful combats.
Imagine, for example (it's probably not the case), that V is so OP as a social butterfly that he auto-win every social interaction (and that you don't like it so for the example): would you avoid every social interaction because you can avoid the problem that way, or would you be salty about it?

We know combat isn't 'loreful' in your eyes. It's up to you to use the systems available to enjoy the game as much as possible. I assume you want to enjoy it?

1: It may be possible if you prioritise non-combat skills (and play on highest setting), that gunplay will feel more like PnP in terms of lethality. You can still engage in combat but you cannot rely on it alone and certainly not enough to wade through entire gangs. I'm just offering help here. Also, let's wait and see how the game feels.

2: I'd avoid them and play the way I want. That's the whole point (and beauty) of multiple, viable playstyles. Why would I be salty? It'd be my choice! :)

Last edited:
So we're comes from "No, they aren't targeting GTA V audience." to "selling the game to a new, biggest audience (GTA V one?).", and justifying why they did it...:smart:

I really like how that "not killing anyone" have become popular, even when it implies that's you're just using non lethal bullets.
What I complain is not being loreful. That's it, and the shooting part is only one of those things.
Go see any C2020 GM and tell him that you want to play both as an almost fully borged diplomat whose social abilities doesn't suffer from cyberpsychosis and as a character which take on whole firefights by himself and survive them, then look at his reaction.

We've already seen V's lone firefights, without companions, and surviving.
So no, it's not just V taking only little firefights against a few people by himself and the harder firefights with teammates.

You know one of the difference between C2020 and most other tabletop RPG?
C2020 is one of those games where surviving is an hardcore feat, even when you're very cautious.

Keanu Reeves:"In 2077, what makes someone a criminal? Getting caught!" *show V having fun with cars and shooting*

It's a totally out of the video game discussion, but I'll answer it.
Besides, I still have to see a multiplayer with a real, working social system, not just one that is at best just enforced by willing players (unlike combats which are enforced by the game itself). The better I saw was just the one from DoS, and it was still very primitive.

You're welcome.

By allowing the same ways you do in pnp.
Stealthy infiltration? You can try to do it yourself.
Wanna shoot everything in the face? Do it with others.
Wanna shoot everything in the face alone? Die trying.:cool:
Theres literally zero point to continuing to debate this with, it's impossible for you to see reason. Just know that this is a VIDEO GAME and not a tabletop, and your expectations for a video game are way too damn high, let alone way too damn specific (given you're the only person I've seen across these forums and reddit who seems to harbor such issues with this as of yet unreleased game). I respect that your likes and dislikes are different to others, but jeez, you need to reevaluate what video games are and what they can reasonably contain.

Sorry to those who want every part of the gameplay to strictly follow the lore from the tabletop game, but CDPR will prioritize fun gameplay over being true to the lore, as makers of videogames should.

They makes efforts to keep things true to the lore such as the environment, cars, people, etc.., but gameplay is extremely important and needs to be prioritized over unfun gameplay that would only exist just for the sake of strictly being loreful.

We already know gunfight aren't loreful. We just need to find if social will be loreful, but without social skill I really doubt we will avoid auto-win/auto-loses situation socially.
What the hell is this? Are you trying to decide everything for others?

CP2020 is clearly game about friendly conversations and real time working with documents on news office or blaming your producer as rockerboy. Not about dark future full of crime. :coolstory:

CDPR named game CP2077, not CP2020, they can do everything they want, they even hire Mike Pondsmith and he seems to be happy, according his activity on reddit.

And last. Please give some proof of what you typing, especially about "You can't do quests without combat", "one man army V" and "non-combat skill not existed". Without a proof all of this just rage for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom