No ADS toggle option on PC

+
Alsmost 10 years of development. No ADS toggle option. No walk option for M/K users. How does this happen? I can't imagine these would be costly features to add when it comes to development and testing cycles.

Did not a single person, involved in designing and testing this game over the past decade, use a mouse and keyboard to play it?

No joke though it seems as if this was completely designed on console and ported over to PC. Not being able to remap buttons is a huge sign of this.

The reason for key mapping issues and no ADS toggle is their test team. I am 100% sure somebody played on a consolitis pad on PC while testing it.

Currently unplayable due to 2560x1080 looking like 4:3 instead of 21:9 aspect ratio(other resolutions extremely blurry), no ADS toggle and no rebind for R and F(even manual edit of the file does not work for swapping R with F)

I love CDPR as a company but this option to toggle should be a standard in all games. I mean you have crouch as a toggle I don't see why some companies always forget to add this option for aiming.

Managed to get it toggled with Autohotkey script. But it creates even more problems.
This is more messy than I thought, it is screwing up melee combat if you have it toggled because you cannot block and counter correctly in melee.

This was in developement for how long? 8 years?

Extreme case of Termina Consolitis. The whole broken keyboard mapping is developed around console pads. This will be a mess to clean up. If they will want to clean it up. The whole controls tree is unbelievably bad. Doing whole training made me realise it. Just really lazy programming. Really frustrating this is a console port basically.

Managed to get it toggled with Autohotkey script. But it creates even more problems.
This is more messy than I thought, it is screwing up melee combat if you have it toggled because you cannot block and counter correctly in melee.

This was in developement for how long? 8 years?

Extreme case of Termina Consolitis. The whole broken keyboard mapping is developed around console pads. This will be a mess to clean up. If they will want to clean it up. The whole controls tree is unbelievably bad. Doing whole training made me realise it. Just really lazy programming. Really frustrating this is a console port basically.

Share the script here, I tried some and it didn't work for me

Here is Autohotkey script that works for me.
Do not hold RMB, click it, but thiss will mess up your melee combat, cause you will be stuck in blocking stance after single click because it's toggled. As said before lazy programming, they could not be bothered to open up a whole tree of flagging things as melee and ADS weapons so instead they made a shortcut to send the game through and made it simpler for them to code...

*RButton Up::
If (Toggle := !Toggle){
Send {Click Down Right}
}
Else{
Send {RButton up}
}
return
Post automatically merged:

You could probably hotkey the whole script to enable it and disable when necessary. Depending on melee/gunfight scenario. what a mess.

What the title said^^. This is a basic K/M priority in any modern first person game with shooting involved. Also, console has it already, so... Should be easy enough to hotfix this.

Make it happen please. Cheers!

Hello everyone. If you want to Ads Toogle on Cyberpunk do this :
- Download and install this program https://autohotkey.com/download/
- Then download this Script https://drive.google.com/file/d/18ngSBMKELrahJJCFsG7Zw1dOv0gU57rb/view?usp=sharing
- Once downloaded, double click on it, a green letter H will open on your taskbar, that means it is active, now you just have to open the game
Enjoy a great day in Night City.
Cubalix.

For the middle button users out there, this worked for me:

*MButton Up::
If (Toggle := !Toggle){
Send {Click Down Middle}
}
Else{
Send {MButton up}
}
Return

For right button users:

Swap MButton for RButton and Middle for Right.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
I just find it funny that a small Russian game developer (battlestate) has interchangeable combo keybinds and the ability to toggle ads, crouch, walk, etc and the studio that made the Witcher had 7 years to implement remappable keys and toggles into the most anticipated game of the decade and didn't. In Tarkov you can literally scroll how much you crouch, lean, and how fast you walk. I have crouch walk, run, or sprint and the only way I can shoot is if both mouse buttons are pressed simultaneously. I have no doubt they will eventually get around to making it possible to remap your keyboard, but toggle ADS might not happen.

I just find it funny that a small Russian game developer (battlestate) has interchangeable combo keybinds and the ability to toggle ads, crouch, walk, etc and the studio that made the Witcher had 7 years to implement remappable keys and toggles into the most anticipated game of the decade and didn't. In Tarkov you can literally scroll how much you crouch, lean, and how fast you walk. I have crouch walk, run, or sprint and the only way I can shoot is if both mouse buttons are pressed simultaneously. I have no doubt they will eventually get around to making it possible to remap your keyboard, but toggle ADS might not happen.
Yes Escape from Tarkov is basically crushing Cyberpunk in controls area. Their system is one of the best on the market. I use doubleclick for some options not to activate some functions by accidental single click.

Going back to the problem, It's very easy to fix, they just have to add option of toggle for rifles/pistols/shotguns and so on and option of toggle for melee weapons/hands. I do not think anyone will want to have toggle in melee, but it does not hurt to add another switch...

It's a simple check to enable it or disable it when you choose a gun or a sword.

Kiroshi scanner needs this as well, I'm constantly scanning and using the netrunner quickhaks and holy shit does my left
ache.

While I agree it lacks in many QoL issues, I'm basically playing as John Wick as a Blade Runner. So I'm happy but updates CDPR especially the toggles.

Wrote a topic suggesting this here a year or two ago, unfortunate that the devs didn't read their own forums.

They've been asked this question for at least a year and they've always dodged the question, which would lead one to suppose that no ADS toggle isn't something they 'forgot' but deliberately chose to leave out. Although as I was reading another post as I was formulating this one, I saw someone mention that console version does have ADS toggle. If that's true then someone really screwed the pooch. As a side-note: Overall the PC version feels like a rushed console port, and the ADS toggle issue is the cherry on top. Shame that one of the last game companies left with any credibility has slowly eroded their currency with us this year. Here's hoping they can pull this mess up before it's a crash and burn.

I'm really disappointed that this game lacks basic features like ads toggle, being able to customize all keyboard keys, etc....
That is a deal breaker for me as well. Not only can you not toggle Aim Down Sights, there is no way to increase the aim sensitivity without increasing the normal walking sensitivity. How on earth could they not include such basic features in a AAA game.

Console apparently has it, but PC does not. This game just leaves me asking "why?" more and more.

Console apparently has it, but PC does not. This game just leaves me asking "why?" more and more.
This game feels like a console port, I mean you can't even WALK , WTF!!. Everytime I try to get in my car I run on top of it. Every door way takes me 2 tries to walk through cause I just run into the door frame. AND, you have to run ahead of NPC's, the wait for them to catch up and miss half the convo, then run ahead and wait. How on earth can such simple things like toggle aim down sights, aim sensitivity, and FREAKING WALKING be left out of a 60 dollar AAA game. Sad. unfortunately I spent too much time in Character creation and can no longer refund this game, but I have uninstalled it.

Alsmost 10 years of development. No ADS toggle option. No walk option for M/K users. How does this happen? I can't imagine these would be costly features to add when it comes to development and testing cycles.

Did not a single person, involved in designing and testing this game over the past decade, use a mouse and keyboard to play it?
Yeah, totally unacceptable. I run on top of my car every time I try to get into it. I run into door frames every time I try to "walk" into a room. I end up just crouching so I don't miss everything or end up launching over a railing or ledge. When trying to "walk" with an NPC you have to run ahead . .wait, run ahead . .wait, and miss half the convo in the process?? How can a game be in dev for 7 years and not have super super SUPER basic options like toggle ADS, aim sensitivity or FREAKING WALKING. We have to run/sprint everywhere? So stupid. I died by launching off the railing of the tower in the first 10 min of the game because my guy just has to run run run everywhere. So after having to crouch everywhere that I want to walk, and having to hip fire everything because the sensitivity is sooooo slow, and there is no toggle ADS, I think I am giving up on this game at hour 4. Sad, and too late for a refund.

Last edited:
Top Bottom