There seems to be a bug on certain settings on PS4/5

+
So i played this game originally on PC. Mostly did a netrunner sneaky sneak build and had a great time. I repurchased this game on PS5 when i saw it on sale and immediately noticed how bad the controls were. By following some advice i found on a post on reddit i was able to mostly sort it out. But aiming still feels off.

First of all there are almost no options to adjust the ADS sensitivity for controller.
I have my Horizontal sensitivity set to 30 cause thats what feels best to me but if i do that it also messes with it if i ADS.
There seems to be an option under Zoom sensitivity reduction but it only goes up to 2. This feels horrible! and it causes me to miss shots like crazy. A proper option to tune ADS sensitivity is needed.

Lastly there are some options under Gameplay to adjust Aim assist and snap to target.
These options do not work plain and simple. The crazy thing is that i remember people bringing up these these problems years ago and i am shocked to find out that they are still a problem.

Of course i can sorta understand how these things went a bit under the radar there being loads of ways to engage in combat and all that but this is really annoying and i am hoping that someone raises these problems with the developers. I was excited to play phantom liberty but not like this.

TLDR:

ADS sensitivity is needed
AIM assist and snap to target do not work.

Anyway thank you for your time.

I noticed that too, and funny thing is, these problems seem to be more present in the PS5 version of the game than in the old PS4 version which I played on PS5. The only thing that I could do to (kind of) make the aim assist work was to actually go in and out of ADS while shooting, this way the "snap to target" option almost works. Otherwise, we can't really talk of a real aim assist, like for instance the one Bungie made work really well for Destiny.

Also, in the same boat seems to be (at least for me) the way the camera sensitivity works on PS5; it really doesn't matter what type you choose, recommended, raw, sensitive etc, it's bad. Like headache-inducing bad, because for me it seems they're all nauseating at some point. I swear this is the only game that induces such state to me, and no, it wasn't this bad on PS4, again I am not sure why this is a thing on PS5 version of the game.

And compared to the PC version, rotating the camera, changing direction, anything that involves the character's movement in the world is janky, there's screen tearing, all of it on PS5 version. All this started with the introduction of FSR for the PS5, which has been implemented the way it has been. This never happens on PS4 version played on PS5 because that version has no FSR in it, so without accusing anyone of anything, the PS5 version is not very well optimized.

So... yes, basically anything that involves camera panning, rotating, the aiming, everything feels so, so off on the PS5 version. I really hope (but not holding breath) some of these problems will be solved/alleviated when 2.0 version drops.

I noticed that too, and funny thing is, these problems seem to be more present in the PS5 version of the game than in the old PS4 version which I played on PS5. The only thing that I could do to (kind of) make the aim assist work was to actually go in and out of ADS while shooting, this way the "snap to target" option almost works.

I tested this for a few hours and yea, Going in and out helps slightly. For me turning down all the advanced settings helped alot. Of course this when talking about weapons that you wanna try to go for precise hits. Mainly with a and cannon or something.

What needs to get added in like yesterday is a ADS slider.

Same for me, in the Advanced Options, everything is turned down to zero. Inner dead zone is 0, Outer dead zone is 0.9. It does help more than the default settings (did anyone try those on a console, and decided those were a good match, I don't think so), but yeah, the ADS slider... I am not sure we will ever have that on console, just like the FOV (which could be really easy to handle by the PS5, but then again... no).

Just wanted to come here and say that holy wow omaly they fixed it!!! Zoom sensitivity now goes past 2 and aim assist works now. Thank you CD Projektred.

Its still a tad clunky but fine for combat. The AA is sometimes too aggressive in magnetizing to enemies even when on "Light" AA across the board. And I run into wierd, clunky transitions from hipfire to ADS sometimes.

Personally, I wished Gyro Aim would get added. Would make mobility builds WAAAY more intuitive and satisfying since its much easier to jump, parkour, slide, or dodge while still having full control of aim. Thus allowing for much flashier gameplay similar to MnK.

Top Bottom