Amd Performance Fix - Mod on Nexus

+
Hello, I found a very interesting mod on Nexus that is called "Amd Performance Fix". I opened "Task Manager" when Cyberpunk 2077 was running without fix and with fix and noticed clearly that it worked on my cpu (AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor). If you have a AMD cpu don't hesitate to visit the mod page.
URL: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/107

It would also be great if the Cyberpunk 2077 dev team took a look on this mod and implemented the changes it does directly into the game.

The very best regards
Post automatically merged:

Here is two images from "Task Manager".

Without Fix.png

This is Cyberpunk 2077 without Amd Performance Fix

With Fix.png

Here is Cyberpunk 2077 with Amd Performance Fix

Last edited:
I haven't been able to launch the game till i tried the avx mod. I got so frustrated to get the game working. Even reinstalled Windows.

3950X here, definitely doesnt utilize 32 threads lol... as expected, but i do see more cpu usage and upon loading the same spot running up and down the same st... it seems i have gained between 3-5fps. very nice!

I have a Ryzen 2600. This mod worked PERFECTLY. Using a lot more of my CPU and the framerate is much more stable.

I don't understand why this wouldn't be an easy fix for CD Projekt Red.

Last edited:
I don't think any game benefits from SMT or Hyperthreading.

Just turn that shit off in BIOS.

You have to write code in a highly specific way to take advantage of those features -- it's not a general programming optimization that can be applied to any algorithm, or even something that you can just let the OS handle. The only programs that I know of that benefit are video editing and encoding software.

Last edited:
I don't think any game benefits from SMT or Hyperthreading.

Just turn that shit off in BIOS.

You have to write code in a highly specific way to take advantage of those features -- it's not a general programming optimization that can be applied to any algorithm, or even something that you can just let the OS handle. The only programs that I know of that benefit are video editing and encoding software.
So disable the performance of their PC because one signle game is not properly optimized to take advantage of it? Good advice

/sarcasm

because this is the solution that remains for a company that has to correct the hot potato with the console versions, but give us the tools to configure this! ask the cd proyect tester team all this was warned, they have ignored it, it has nothing to do with the poor programmer

While this fix does apply to me with my 3800x it seems as if after playing for a while i return to being CPU bottlenecked on my 2080 Super.
CPU usage is back to 50-60 % and i dip into the 45-50 fps range on the busy market close to your house.
However when i load up my save there, i get 60 fps and 70-80 % CPU usage.
After some world traversal though, this seems to change.
I play at Ultra settings SSR psycho, DLSS quality and 1440p.

Here are some more tweaks I use myself:

Part 1
For anyone with a decent GPU and a CPU bottleneck, turn on "slow HDD mode" in the game settings, do it even if you're running it on SSD like me. I found this unloads some of the CPU demands onto the GPU and it will reduce lag spike everywhere.

Part 2
Memory Pool Budget Tweaks

Make sure to make a copy of your memory_pool_budgets.csv before editing it!

Location is:
Steam Library\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077\engine\config\memory_pool_budgets.csv
GOG Galaxy\Games\Cyberpunk 2077\engine\config\memory_pool_budgets.csv
C:\GAMES\Cyberpunk 2077\engine\config
etc etc

PoolCPU: Use half of what your RAM is, make sure to leave 4GB for windows tho.
PoolGPU: Google your graphics card on google and see how much VRAM it has.
For example a EVGA 1080Ti has 11 GB GDDR5X, so entering 11GB is fine.
AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT has 8GB, so 8GB is fine.

My computer have 16GB ram, so this is the settings I have in my "memory_pool_budgets.csv". Remember to change under "; PC ;"
PoolCPU ; 8GB ;
PoolGPU ; 8GB ;

Also run Cyberpunk2077.exe as "As Administrator"

All in all, my Cyberpunk 2077 runs perfect now. The only time I notice a "slowdown" in some fps is when I drive at max speed near/under bridges with lots of traffic and pedestrians at a intersection. Running on a AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor that is quite understandable, else it's pure 60 fps and I love it.

I hope these optimization tweaks can help

Top Bottom