Hotfix 1.05

+
The Character Creation could really use some PC-specific improvements as well, like the ability to use mouse for rotating the character and zooming in and out no matter the body area being edited, the sliders should be a lot more responsive too (I swear the activator zone must be tiny).

Add the ability to rebind the Interact button. Pressing F is super annoying, and I won't play the game until this standard feature is in the game.

@Lilayah - Uh, can you have them elaborate on this section?

Removed the memory_pool_budgets.csv file. which was not connected with the final version of the game and had no influence on it (it was a leftover file used during the development to estimate memory usage. It had no effect on how much memory was actually allocated). Perceived performance increase after editing the file may have been related to restarting the game.

Changing the values in that file 100% had a direct effect on performance. This is demonstrably reproducable, too. Changing nothing else, I can swap out the modified .csv for the unmodified one and will immediately see a 30+ FPS improvement in the game after starting it up (corroborated by CPU and CPU usage). If I go back to the unmodified one and start it up it immediately drops by over 30 frames again. I feel like I’m being gaslit here. Are the devs just too embarrassed by this to admit that it WAS connected to the final version of the game? If so I’d rather they admit as much instead of adding more lies to the ones they already told.

I am glad the debug console is being removed on PC, at least this will make it more difficult for trolls to make bait videos pretending the game is "so buggy".

Also, as a suggestion, the distant traffic really needs to be adjusted. I can see a flood of 2d sprites coming towards me, but as soon as they approach they just vanish, which breaks the immersion. It is ok to make it less dense.

Also, the Photo Mode needs some better controlling on PC with the mouse, because after any edit the mouse will default it's position to one of the buttons and this makes it anoying to use especially when controlling the camera angle. And the sliders, we should be able to click and drag them.

Last edited:
My crafting level is stil bugged. My crafting lvl is 8 but is says I maxed it out, it won't level any further. Im on console btw

Can you fix the issue where i don't get my trophy for doing all gig and scanner hustles in santo domingo, on Ps5 and pretty upset gonna try my luck on another playthrough. but I shouldn't have too

How are you supposed to update the game when sony removed it. Do you still get updates for it?

Yes, the game is still getting updates on the PS4 and PS5 systems. The only place the game was removed from was the PlayStation digital storefront. The game is still being sold globally at many different retailers so there's no reason why the PlayStation editions wouldn't get updated.

How about Quest " GIG - MANY WAYS TO SKIN A CAT " Bug
stuck on "to the Revere Courier Services facility". When I go to the next stage and try to plug in to a computer to gain access to the van, it simply gets stuck.

Hotfix 1.05 is now live on Xbox and Playstation systems! PC version will follow soon.

Here is the full list of changes:
Quests
  • Jackie will no longer disappear in The Pickup or The Heist.
  • Fixed an issue preventing players from landing the helicopter in Love like Fire.
  • Fixed an issue with Takemura not calling in Play it Safe.
  • It's no longer possible to trigger the same dialogue twice in Big in Japan.
  • Fixed an issue with Delamain appearing upside down at the end of Don't Lose Your Mind.
  • Saul now correctly reaches the van in Riders on the Storm.
  • Fast travelling before the encounter with Tyger Claws no longer breaks progression in I Fought the Law.
  • Fixed an issue blocking progress in Ghost Town if an autosave made upon Raffen Shiv's arrival was loaded.
  • Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages if Happy Together failed as a result of combat.
  • Elizabeth Peralez stops being excessively insistent with her calls after her job offer is refused.
  • The scene with Misty and Jackie now starts properly after leaving Viktor's clinic.
  • Wakako's dialogues no longer get blocked after finishing Search and Destroy.
  • Walking away from Stefan in Sweet Dreams shouldn't prevent other characters from calling you anymore.
  • Brick’s detonator should now be properly interactable for players to disarm. Or set off. Your call.
  • Elevator doors should now correctly open in The Heist.
  • Saul now correctly gets out of cars in Riders on the Storm.
  • Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages after running too far away from Frank in War Pigs.
  • Jackie now correctly leaves the factory after the combat is finished in The Pickup.
  • Fixed an issue with Militech reinforcements not spawning if driving through the gate too fast in Forward to Death.
  • Skipping time while in the club in Violence no longer results in issues with progression.
  • Fixed issues with starting Gig: Getting Warmer...
  • Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages after Pyramid Song has been abandoned midway.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Delamain core could be already broken when player enters the Core room in Don't Lose Your Mind.
  • Fixed issues with Delamain not appearing or doing nothing outside the Afterlife in The Heist.
  • Fixed an issue with objective getting stuck on "Talk to Viktor" in The Ripperdoc.
  • Fixed an issue whereby it was impossible to talk to the bouncer in front of Lizzie's in The Information.
  • Added description for Don't Lose Your Mind in the Journal.
  • Fixed an issue preventing player from saving, using fast travels, and talking to other NPCs after reloading a save with an active call with Frank in War Pigs.
  • Fixed an issue with Panam not calling about any other matter until I'll Fly Away is completed.
  • Fixed an issue with Dum Dum following V after The Pickup is finished.
Gameplay
  • Improved the reaction times of NPCs taking cover.
  • Corrected the number of shots needed to kill civilians from a distance while in combat.
Visual
  • Fixed an issue with Delamain's image displayed on top of the current caller during phone calls.
  • V's mouth doesn't stay open after entering the space lock in Where is My Mind.
  • Fixed some UI overlap issues.
  • V appears more modest in the inventory preview after the half year montage ;)
  • NPCs are faster to appear in the quest area during Stadium Love.
  • Added some warmth to HDR.
  • Fixed T-posing NPCs in Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Just Say No and Gig: Hot Merchandise.
  • Fixed an issue whereby after a braindance it was possible to be stuck in 3rd person view with no head.
  • Silencer icons are no longer displayed with no image in the inventory.
UI
  • Fixed an issue with weapon crosshair persisting on screen.
  • The inventory menu no longer closes immediately after opening it for the first time after leaving a car.
  • Fixed an issue whereby upon accessing a fast travel terminal the button shown on the top right corner prompting to open the quest journal would not work.
Performance & Stability
  • Multiple stability improvements, including crash fixes.
Miscellaneous
  • Offscreen explosions make noise now.
PC-specific
  • [AMD SMT] Optimized default core/thread utilization for 4-core and 6-core AMD Ryzen(tm) processors. 8-core, 12-core and 16-core processors remain unchanged and behaving as intended. This change was implemented in cooperation with AMD and based on tests on both sides indicating that performance improvement occurs only on CPUs with 6 cores and less.
  • Fixed an issue with the way Raw Input is collected.
  • Removed the use of AVX instruction set thus fixing crashes occurring at the end of the Prologue on processors not supporting AVX.
  • Removed debug console to prevent functions that could lead to crashes or blocked quests. This doesn't mean we don't want to support the modding community. Stay tuned for more info on that.
  • Ray traced reflections should no longer seem too bright in comparison to the environment.
  • Fixed an issue with Steam Overlay crash on game shutdown.
  • Removed the memory_pool_budgets.csv file. which was not connected with the final version of the game and had no influence on it (it was a leftover file used during the development to estimate memory usage. It had no effect on how much memory was actually allocated). Perceived performance increase after editing the file may have been related to restarting the game.
Console-specific
  • Improved image sharpness with Chromatic Aberration and Film Grain on.
  • Settings should no longer reset to default after several game session restarts.
  • Fixed visual issues occurring during the transition between The Heist and Love Like Fire.
  • Corrected the look of several vehicles.
  • [Xbox] Entering combat while Synaptic Accelerator is active no longer ends in player health bar not being displayed.
  • [Xbox] Game no longer becomes unresponsive when signing out from a profile when the controller disconnection message is visible.
  • Telemetry consent request will appear once more due to an earlier issue with settings reset.
  • Fixed an issue whereby it was possible to fall down the elevator shaft in Megabuilding H8 in Automatic Love.
Oh that's good. Updating now...

Attachments

• pic1608344623042.jpg
    pic1608344623042.jpg
    876 KB · Views: 207
Great list of fixes here but unfortunately one of the bugs you listed as being fixed is most definitely not fixed, at least not for me on PS5. The gig 'Getting Warmer' still will not start when I approach the location. Wakako never calls me and the building remains locked up tight. This happens to be the very last gig I need to finish the platinum trophy (I love the game). Can you please implement a fix for those of us who already have save files with this bug so we can finally finish the Westbrook trophy and inturn the platinum? Many thanks 😊

I am glad the debug console is being removed on PC, at least this will make it more difficult for trolls to make bait videos pretending the game is "so buggy".
Are you also glad that removing this tool for us all also breaks workarounds for bugs that had been found but are now useless again? Besides, given the immense shit show that this game is on consoles there really isn’t any need to make “bait videos”, the reality is already terrible enough.

If you want to I can provide some footage of my own (PC version, even). There’s several major glitches in the Nomad starting area alone (a place you’d figure they’d have spent a lot of time in), from unlootable items and bugged NPCs to geometry that instantly kills you. Yes, you read that right. If you vault certain innocuous walls in that area you get thrown backwards some dozens of meters into the air and plummet to your inevitable death.

Not too fond of the "Debug Console" removal.
Maybe limit / remove some other commands like you did with GodMode and others, but don't remove it all.
removeItem and addItem are good for people who want to fiddle around with the game without breaking it. + after hours of testing with those, i can assure they bring absolutely no harm for a save.

This gives me the same impression id gave with Quake Live and NADEO with the recent TrackManias and Crytek when a modding team tried to make a mod better than Crysis Remastered, or even Rockstar / TakeTwo with the GTA V situation, which is a "You may mod, but under my own terms.", which i hate and despise. Since you guys carry around the DRM-free flag around, yet gives the game certain DRMs in other ways.

Also, is it just me or are the PC-specific changes just what the PerformanceTweaks DLL does on 1.04?

I ain't liking where this is going...

Last edited:
Will this update cause the same problem that forced me to basically redownload the whole game on steam, its a little frustrating to see the updates take 3hrs to install, the whole game download takes less time to reinstall than letting it update itself, its like if the whole game had to be decrypted and crypted again, I was sure this game didn't have any DRM, it shouldn't have to do this.

Top Bottom